ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Hari Sud is a delusional guy. You cant take his words seriously.

VayuSena1

Professional
A good informative article, but seemed to me that the author is too much swayed to give a proper view. A a/c which haven't even joined any force and don't have a decent engine yet is compared to F-16, F-18 - and for gods sake Su-30?!!!!!!
I believe he means to be symbolic about his comparisons to F-16s and F-18s. Considering that the engine problem is sorted out, I am sure that the Tejas would perform upto the F-18's standards in the light combat field. It needs an AESA radar and a good engine to match which will be covered soon.

Although ADA did spend a little too long in designing this aircraft, I am sure that the time spent is worth what we have as the end product-- an aircraft from a developing country that is not a copy from any other at the same time matches the capabilities of other aircraft in its category from the developed world. Tejas has rightfully earned its place. I think it would be appropriate to blame the political leadership of the country instead of the scientists. The latter work hard to give the best indigenous products to the nation while the former try to kill it in favour of kickbacks from foreign suppliers.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
LCA-Tejas has completed total 1135 test flights successfully

(TD1-233, TD2-305,PV1-204,PV2-125,PV3-144,LSP1-51,LSP2-73)

Flight Test News

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Some unseen but important question are yet to answered.
(1) Did DRDO designed the microprocessors or are we importing them?
(2) Are the microprocessors manufactured in India?
(3) What is the flop rate per second?
Many such shadowed question must be answered.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
DS...those will never be answered mate. No one here i think has access to such information over here. Only the people directly involved in that program can help.

p2prada

Some unseen but important question are yet to answered.
(1) Did DRDO designed the microprocessors or are we importing them?
(2) Are the microprocessors manufactured in India?
(3) What is the flop rate per second?
Many such shadowed question must be answered.
If its for the Mission Computer, then we are using 2 Intel 80386 processors, dual core.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If its for the Mission Computer, then we are using 2 Intel 80386 processors, dual core.
Intel 80386 is a display processor. It is like a grapic card required for the glass cockpit.

Pintu

LCA will go for Night Fly

LCA to do star turn, set to take to night skies

LCA to do star turn, set to take to night skies

Hemanth CS

First Published : 13 Jun 2009 06:48:40 AM IST
Last Updated : 13 Jun 2009 09:04:04 AM IST

BANGALORE: The indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas is on its way to achieving a major milestone in the next few days as a prototype of the aircraft will take to the skies by night. A prototype of the aircraft is expected to carry out extensive night flying activity over Bangalore’s skies to demonstrate its night flying capability next week, sources told Express.

The fly by night will be the second, since the LCA programme was launched in 1983 and its maiden flight in 2001 and is considered a significant test as the technology development agency, the Aeronautical D e v e l o p m e n t Agency (ADA), hopes to get the initial operational clearance before it is inducted into the Indian Air Force by 2010, which plans to have seven LCA squadrons.

The Prototype Vehicle- 3 (PV-3) in November last year took to the skies by night and carried out a set of predetermined manoeuvres to demonstrate its night capability.

ADA had termed the maiden night flying as a flawless flight which will pave the way for systems and weapon integration for delivery by night.

The second fly by night will take place with one of the prototype vehicle sporting new systems for which the ADA, National Flight Testing Centre, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) and Directorate General of Aeronautical Quality Assurance (DGAQA) have been making preparations.

The LCA has so far completed 1,135 test flights successfully as on June 11 and has been successfully operated from searing hot central Indian airfields at the height of summer as well as the cold environs of a Ladakh winter.

J

John

firstly LCA is far away from matching the SH, secondly there is no comparison, even full equipped the LCA wont be able to match the SH simply because it doesn't have the weapons flexibility to match both Falcon and SH. In these terms the Rafale and EF also couldn't catch up, LCA cant do it, not now, not in 10 years. The super viper and super bug can deploy the most variety of very effective long range and accurate weapons in the world and are both extensively combat proven. besides LCA is so slow in its progress that i dont expect LCA mk-2 to be ready before 2013 or even later. It will barely take to the air once mrca starts arriving.

p2prada

Intel 80386 is a display processor. It is like a grapic card required for the glass cockpit.
Its a full fledged processor that came out in 1985. Its not a video card.

8086, 80X86 Family.
Then came Celeron and Pentium.

p2prada

firstly LCA is far away from matching the SH, secondly there is no comparison, even full equipped the LCA wont be able to match the SH simply because it doesn't have the weapons flexibility to match both Falcon and SH. In these terms the Rafale and EF also couldn't catch up, LCA cant do it, not now, not in 10 years. The super viper and super bug can deploy the most variety of very effective long range and accurate weapons in the world
You know nothing about fighters and weaponization. The LCA can fire anything that America has to offer. You need integration, other than that, the missile just needs to be attached to the LCA. That's all.

A future platform for the CBU-105 is LCA cause it carries the 1760 Data bus. LCA can fire anything American, Russian, Indian, French, European, South African and Chinese.

SH beats the LCA in range and payload.

and are both extensively combat proven. besides LCA is so slow in its progress that i dont expect LCA mk-2 to be ready before 2013 or even later. It will barely take to the air once mrca starts arriving.
I don't understand what that means. What's the MRCA or SH in particular to do with the LCA program.

J

John

SH beats the LCA in range, payload, avionics, flying qualities, nose and pitch authority, weapons flexibility, unlimited aoa.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
John,
The LCA and the SBUG is made for two different reasons. SH is more of a bomb truck which can take care of itself. LCA is an aircraft which can fight the inbound bomb trucks and fighters and can also bomb. No comparison. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

NikSha

Looks like John has already flown all aircraft out there in the battlefield..

Anyways, the pics are great, any links to videos?

J

John

I believe he means to be symbolic about his comparisons to F-16s and F-18s. Considering that the engine problem is sorted out, I am sure that the Tejas would perform upto the F-18's standards in the light combat field. It needs an AESA radar and a good engine to match which will be covered soon.

Although ADA did spend a little too long in designing this aircraft, I am sure that the time spent is worth what we have as the end product-- an aircraft from a developing country that is not a copy from any other at the same time matches the capabilities of other aircraft in its category from the developed world. Tejas has rightfully earned its place. I think it would be appropriate to blame the political leadership of the country instead of the scientists. The latter work hard to give the best indigenous products to the nation while the former try to kill it in favour of kickbacks from foreign suppliers.
i am not the one who started the comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles