ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Talk of a new line for Tejas ?

Set up HAL unit in Salem: CM Edappadi K. Palaniswami to Def min Nirmala Sitharaman

Declaring that Tamil Nadu is aiming at achieving 30 per cent share of aerospace and defence sector in India through its proposed policy, Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on Thursday demanded that the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) set up a facility to manufacture Light Combat Aircraft in Salem.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...alaniswami-to-def-min-nirmala-sitharaman.html

Pandeyji

Country flag
Talk of a new line for Tejas ?

Set up HAL unit in Salem: CM Edappadi K. Palaniswami to Def min Nirmala Sitharaman

Declaring that Tamil Nadu is aiming at achieving 30 per cent share of aerospace and defence sector in India through its proposed policy, Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on Thursday demanded that the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) set up a facility to manufacture Light Combat Aircraft in Salem.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...alaniswami-to-def-min-nirmala-sitharaman.html
You could always rely on our politicians to bring politics where it is not needed.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

My conversation with LCA Tejas official page admin.
So that AMCA model undergoing RCS tests is part of PDP?

Adioz

Once the design is freezed it shoudnt take us more than 2 years to produce the first model and foc in 4years
Not so fast bro. We need to develop top notch manufacturing processes with high fidelity. Then the avionics, RAM, etc need to be developed. Even if we fly it with foreign engines initially, I don't think we can expect first flight before 2025.
But I hope DRDO + MoD + HAL + Air Force turn a new leaf and prove me wrong.:)

Pandeyji

Country flag
Not so fast bro. We need to develop top notch manufacturing processes with high fidelity. Then the avionics, RAM, etc need to be developed. Even if we fly it with foreign engines initially, I don't think we can expect first flight before 2025.
That's what Tejas has been doing, Sir. One of the main reasons to support mk1. Be sure we would see 1st flight a lot before 2025

Adioz

That's what Tejas has been doing, Sir. One of the main reasons to support mk1. Be sure we would see 1st flight a lot before 2025
I hope you are right. I just don't want AMCA to get any bad press like the Tejas. I don't want a Tejas style Mk1, Mk1A, Mk2 progression. I don't care if the first flight comes by 2025-27 as long as they can justify that further development of a plane meeting air force GSQR is not going to require an AMCA Mk2 and a few more years of development.

But I still am not convinced that we will see first flight before 2025. The tech in 5th generation planes is no joke.

BTW, will we have separate teams working on Tejas Mk2 and AMCA? I imagine we would, but some confirmation will be good.

Pandeyji

Country flag
I hope you are right. I just don't want AMCA to get any bad press like the Tejas. I don't want a Tejas style Mk1, Mk1A, Mk2 progression. I don't care if the first flight comes by 2025-27 as long as they can justify that further development of a plane meeting air force GSQR is not going to require an AMCA Mk2 and a few more years of development.

But I still am not convinced that we will see first flight before 2025. The tech in 5th generation planes is no joke.

BTW, will we have separate teams working on Tejas Mk2 and AMCA? I imagine we would, but some confirmation will be good.
The 1st one is the most difficult. Even in the production lines SP5 is a proof of that.
Regarding separate teams; yes there are(the work is in progress, they are waiting for funds for wind tunnel testing of full-scale model)

Adioz

The 1st one is the most difficult. Even in the production lines SP5 is a proof of that.
Regarding separate teams; yes there are(the work is in progress, they are waiting for funds for wind tunnel testing of full-scale model)
Read the comments section on this article.
India’s AMCA Fighter Targets Mid-2020s First Flight
I would love to see the smirks wiped off their faces when AMCA enters service in 2030.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

AMCA has been underdevelopment for a long time,from 2009-10 to be exact.

Plus shit load of tech is in place.

So I think we can have it in IAF serving around 2030-32/33.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Bro you forgot the most weighting factor here
The government
Early on our progress got bogged down by Khangress stooge. I'm not saying BJP is the best thing ever but the rate at which we are developing weapons after 2014 is astonishing. So I have my hopes for 2025 if and only if our indigenous industry survives Uncle Sam's claw.

Adioz

Bro you forgot the most weighting factor here
The government
Early on our progress got bogged down by Khangress stooge. I'm not saying BJP is the best thing ever but the rate at which we are developing weapons after 2014 is astonishing. So I have my hopes for 2025 if and only if our indigenous industry survives Uncle Sam's claw.
Well, I did assume that Modi will win the next two elections. My only concern was mastering the technological complexity of a 5th gen fighter. I do agree that indigenous projects as well as modernization have been on a role lately, but the avionics and RAM tech still seem like big stumbling blocks to me. And the engine is probably the last thing to get sort out. I hope AURA flies earlier than 2025.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
My only concern was mastering the technological complexity of a 5th gen fighter
Yes bro I agree with this there is no weapon that we can't build, pushing it to its edge of maturity is the problem.
For perfecting a weapon we need a lots of dedicated manpower, financial backing and goverment support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles