ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soikot banerjee

Country flag
If u ask an IAF guy, he would say our current inventory will suffice against PAF...Against China we lost our qualitative edge (su30mki) due to the advent of j20/31...IAF plans to make it for lost ground via fgfa/MKIed Su-57....

So don't know where in the scheme of things another se fighter n more expensive rafale fit except to makeup for fighter strength.if that is the case then Instead it would be prudent to order cheaper su30mki n more Tejas mk1A to make up for the shortfall. If mmrca tender process is anything to go buy, if an RFI is raised before the end of the year for an SE fighter then we will have an obsolete SE fighter in 2028 by which time we will HV MK2 rolling off assembly lines in squadern strenght.

Currently the trend witnessed world wide is airforces are curtailing their aircraft no's...US with f22.....Russia with pakfa ...due to very high cost and here we have India bucking the trend...interestingly both countries HV used airforces very recently in conflicts.
Tejas will be the one in end! That is the only thing physically present in hand on ground. Rest are on RFI and proposal mode, keeping in mind stop gap measures.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Hi to all,

I would like to share short and duly confirmed update:
1. There will be more LCAs for IAF (as speculated earlier) and the Total may cross the line of 200 units.
2. There will be another SE jet, it may either F-16 or Gripen. MoD favors F-16 whereas IAF shows its interest in Gripen. selection will be confirmed soon.
3. More Rafales will be there for sure and the number may cross 150..
4. FGFA is still supported by MoD but no support from IAF (as of now)
5. LCA Mk2 seems to be in Bog which leads to the delay in the project and if it continues project maybe crushed. ( more updates later)
6. For AMCA, The project will not see an significant push until or unless developers test the stealth on 1:1 (full scale) model which is final stages of fabrication.
7. IAF despirately want Safran modified Kaveri Engine on all LCAs.

My words:
If Safran/GTRE Kaveri will meet its success than it will be possible to retrofit on India Rafales, but also on Gripen (if selected)

@S.Balaji @Kunal Biswas @gadeshi @soikot banerjee @Vijyes @Sidd @Armand2REP @varun9509 @su30mki2017

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their will be 14 squadrons of Tejas ( timeline is not known ), 18 month period is for new Kaveri engine 3-4 months have already passed ..

Hi to all,

I would like to share short and duly confirmed update:
1. There will be more LCAs for IAF (as speculated earlier) and the Total may cross the line of 200 units.
2. There will be another SE jet, it may either F-16 or Gripen. MoD favors F-16 whereas IAF shows its interest in Gripen. selection will be confirmed soon.
3. More Rafales will be there for sure and the number may cross 150..
4. FGFA is still supported by MoD but no support from IAF (as of now)
5. LCA Mk2 seems to be in Bog which leads to the delay in the project and if it continues project maybe crushed. ( more updates later)
6. For AMCA, The project will not see an significant push until or unless developers test the stealth on 1:1 (full scale) model which is final stages of fabrication.
7. IAF despirately want Safran modified Kaveri Engine on all LCAs.

My words:
If Safran/GTRE Kaveri will meet its success than it will be possible to retrofit on India Rafales, but also on Gripen (if selected)

@S.Balaji @Kunal Biswas @gadeshi @soikot banerjee @Vijyes @Sidd @Armand2REP @varun9509 @su30mki2017

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Their will be 14 squadrons of Tejas ( timeline is not known ), 18 month period is for new Kaveri engine 3-4 months have already passed ..
I have updates till yesterday only and as of now I have update that IAF will have around 200+ MK1A aircrafts (including upgraded mk1) for almost 10 squadrons ( 18 fighters + 2 trainers + 1 backup ) . But the number may increase in far future only or IAF may choose Mk2 for that).

For Kaveri GTX, Work already in full swing and we may expect ground tests of modified version by year end or early next year..

Khagesh

PAKFA and others too prior to that flew with supersonic external fuel tanks from the first test of the same.

LCA got sanctioned the sub-sonic ones. Didn't it? And nobody even flagged it.

Shows where the moollah is.

BlackJay

Country flag
PAKFA and others too prior to that flew with supersonic external fuel tanks from the first test of the same.

LCA got sanctioned the sub-sonic ones. Didn't it? And nobody even flagged it.

Shows where the moollah is.

Their is nothing wrong in project getting sanctioned with subsonic tanks.Go one page back and read Updates from BR by Indranil posted by Kunal.Supersonic tanks are already being tested and will be certified very soon probably from very 1st mk1a squadron.
Remember when Tejas was first sanctioned the scope of project wasn't very ambitious.However the requirements have been continuously raised to keep it modern and relevant.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Lets keep this thread till tejas, We don`t want this thread for trolls to feed on ..

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
hal official told that tejas mk2 will be a twin engine is it true ...........................

Last edited:

Kyubi

Country flag
Sorry for digressing , Guys @TPFscopes @Chinmoy .. does anyone remember's the guy who happens to be working on a fighter jet design and has presented it to Defence authorities.. ... he is being supported by a gentleman in IIT mumbai for his simulations etc..

i am trying to wrack my brain to remeber his handle and also the forum where i read it... any leads would be helpful..

Regards
Kyubi

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
hal official told that tejas mk2 will be a twin engine is it true ...........................

As I already posted here that both SE and TE designs are on cards and soon whatever will me more feasible will be selected for further development.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Sorry for digressing , Guys @TPFscopes @Chinmoy .. does anyone remember's the guy who happens to be working on a fighter jet design and has presented it to Defence authorities.. ... he is being supported by a gentleman in IIT mumbai for his simulations etc..

i am trying to wrack my brain to remeber his handle and also the forum where i read it... any leads would be helpful..

Regards
Kyubi

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That guy was from IDF with handle named as "Vstol_Jockey". He is a retired navy pilot and working on a LSA/MSA stealth fighter concept.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
bro i hv a question ...what will be tejas mk1a range(ferry/combat)...
it will be more sure ...as we hv reduced the weight 1000 kg

BlackJay

Country flag
bro i hv a question ...what will be tejas mk1a range(ferry/combat)...
it will be more sure ...as we hv reduced the weight 1000 kg
Reducing 1000 kg is impossible,real number will be lot less than that.Remember they are also adding stuff like spj pod,aerial refueling probe,dual Color maws,radar warning receiver,etc.
Most optimistic target is 400 kg from what I have read.However, It's impossible to know the exact number till 1st mk1a is in air.

About ferry range the best hint was provided by Indranil of BRF.Go one page back it was posted by Kunal here with heading-
Updates from BR by Indranil.
It's 3000 kg with external tanks.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Reducing 1000 kg is impossible,real number will be lot less than that.Remember they are also adding stuff like spj pod,aerial refueling probe,dual Color maws,radar warning receiver,etc.
Most optimistic target is 400 kg from what I have read.However, It's impossible to know the exact number till 1st mk1a is in air.

About ferry range the best hint was provided by Indranil of BRF.Go one page back it was posted by Kunal here with heading-
Updates from BR by Indranil.
It's 3000 kg with external tanks.
Ferry range is calculated with internal fuel only.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Who said it to you bro?

Ferry range means the maximum range the aircraft can fly. This usually means maximum fuel load, optionally with extra fuel tanks and minimum equipment.

BlackJay

Country flag
Ahh, sorry about that.I thought it was the maximum distance a plane could fly without refuelling , aerial or otherwise.

I was merely quoting Indranil-
5. The (unrefueled) ferry range is currently not 3000 kms, but they are going to plumb the midboard pylons as well. You are speaking of 4000 ltrs of extra fuel. At that point 3000 kms will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles