ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr9

Country flag
IAF to induct 8 squadrons 'Tejas' in 8 years: Parrikar

Indian Air Force will induct three to four indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas' this year and a total of eight squadrons in eight years, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said today.
He told the Lok Sabha that a Letter of Intent for procuring 120 Tejas was issued and the first aircraft was inducted by the IAF in 2015 and three to four would be inducted this year.

"Letter of Intent has been issued for 120 LCA. The first aircraft was given during 2015. The next three to four, to form the squadron, will be delivered during current year.

"We are also in the process of approving the second line of manufacturing to the HAL so that they can produce 16 aircraft per year. In the next eight years, you will have about eight squadrons of LCA," he said during Question Hour.

Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is the nodal organisation for the development of 'Tejas'.

Parrikar said India has been importing 15 per cent of the global arms imports which has now come down to 14 per cent.

India's arms import bill has also come down from around Rs 35,000 crore to Rs 24,900 crore now, he said.

The Defence Minister said Indian defence industries, ordnance factories and shipyards have been functioning in full capacity and the orders received by them have increased substantially over the years.

They have orders to the tune of Rs 1,60,000 crore and they would not be able to complete all orders even in the next ten years, he said, adding that these orders were indigenous, mostly from the government, and just two per cent orders from abroad.

Replying to another question, Parrikar refuted a suggestion that India's budget allocation for defence sector was low in comparison to countries like the US, China and Pakistan, saying the pensions of defence personnel was not part of the defence budget.

He said modernisation of the armed forces was a continuous process based on threat perception, operational challenges and technological changes to keep the armed forces in a state of readiness to meet the entire spectrum of security challenges.

"Government attaches the highest priority to ensuring that the armed forces are sufficiently equipped to meet any operational requirement. This is achieved through induction of new equipment and technological upgradation of capabilities," he said.
- See more at: http://m.deccanherald.com/index.php...drons-tejas.html&secid=3#sthash.WIzZtbPh.dpuf
Do you know which version will be delivered this year - Mk1 or Mk1A??
If we are only getting 4 this year, maybe it will be the improved versions??

tejas warrior

Country flag
Mk1 IOC Configuration.

Mk1A will be getting ready for testing only by end of 2017.

kstriya

Country flag
We have some JV with Kilmov of Russia for thrust vectoring technology, can we use use the thrust vectoring tech on LCA MK1a to increase its manoeuvring, agility and performance. I don't know if the Americans will allow Russian tech to be used I their engine but makes a great addition to our 4++ gen aircraft.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Only tejas mk1 is delivered now, And upgrading them to mk1 A in future is very much possible
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/air-...ons-tejas-in-8-years-manohar-parrikar-1281621
This piece of news finally brings to closer all swirls of rumors on Tejas's future, thanks Parrikar for the visionary leadership[ in finally nudging the project to finishing line

nitish.sarangi

I don't know if it has been posted before.. (Mods can apprise us on that)

Cmde Jaideep Maolankar's Aero India 2011 presentation video where he shares very interesting info about LCA Navy program. He says in the video that the NP2 air-intake will be modified to include Harrier style letter boxes (at 13:41)

I never noticed this before but the NP2 does have the "letter boxes" style aux intakes:

aux intakes.jpg

He said that the NP1 would put up better performance than airforce prototypes.. Navy is supporting Tejas prog full throttle

kstriya

Country flag
I don't know if it has been posted before.. (Mods can apprise us on that)

Cmde Jaideep Maolankar's Aero India 2011 presentation video where he shares very interesting info about LCA Navy program. He says in the video that the NP2 air-intake will be modified to include Harrier style letter boxes (at 13:41)

I never noticed this before but the NP2 does have the "letter boxes" style aux intakes:

View attachment 7767

He said that the NP1 would put up better performance than airforce prototypes.. Navy is supporting Tejas prog full throttle
Naval LCA is the MK2 variant what is the next development for the naval platform, shouldn't it be a stealth variant MK3, just imagine a aircraft carrier IAC 3 with all LCA stealth MK3 variants on board should be the right approach to counter the Chinese J31 fighter's.

AbRaj

Country flag
Naval LCA is the MK2 variant what is the next development for the naval platform, shouldn't it be a stealth variant MK3, just imagine a aircraft carrier IAC 3 with all LCA stealth MK3 variants on board should be the right approach to counter the Chinese J31 fighter's.
No its Lca Nevy separate from LCA TEJAS mk1/mk1A/mk2 which are airforce specific
Although after performance evaluation airforce is insisting on LCA Nevy instead of mk1 but as it is taking much time so they are convinced to mk1A by MOD

lcafanboy

Country flag
I think HAL, DRDO & MOD are upto something big. Since no information about LCA is being leaked ever since Parrikar took to office. First there are no F404 engines since the production has already stopped. I think the LCA MK1A plane they are reffering will use GE F414 engines with 98kn and with weight reduction and oborgs, EW and AESA LCA will become a formidable fighter plane previously dubbed LCA mk2. And now the new LCA mk2 will be based on naval variant with GE F414 EPE engine with 116kn with TVC and many more features like semi stealth a la AMCA. THe fact we have only about 20 GE F 404 engines and 99 GE F414 engines on order and latter must have arrived and must being mated to one of the LCA hence the first flight of LCA MK 1A being said to be by 2017. Maybe I am right and maybe wrong but my gut feeling is they are upto something big. I wish I am true.

lcafanboy

Country flag
I think HAL, DRDO & MOD are upto something big. Since no information about LCA is being leaked ever since Parrikar took to office. First there are no F404 engines since the production has already stopped. I think the LCA MK1A plane they are reffering will use GE F414 engines with 98kn and with weight reduction and oborgs, EW and AESA LCA will become a formidable fighter plane previously dubbed LCA mk2. And now the new LCA mk2 will be based on naval variant with GE F414 EPE engine with 116kn with TVC and many more features like semi stealth a la AMCA. THe fact we have only about 20 GE F 404 engines and 99 GE F414 engines on order and latter must have arrived and must being mated to one of the LCA hence the first flight of LCA MK 1A being said to be by 2017. Maybe I am right and maybe wrong but my gut feeling is they are upto something big. I wish I am true.

kstriya

Country flag
Nahi yeh humne inbreed, incest se paida hone wale porkies ke lye chod Diya hai! Apni chutiyappa kahi aur le Jana.

akk

Country flag
I have also raised this issue in the past. Where are 404 engines? 40 were ordered. There are already 20 odd used. When did they place new order? Considering remaining 20 odd will be used quickly, which engine will fly mk1a? A big gap in our understanding.
1.Either they have ordered but not disclosed
2. Will use 414 (unlikely to me)
3. Big lie being told. Meaning that no mk1a will come from 2017-18. Considering 1 plane was manufactured in last 15 months, how will it jump to 16 per year in 2 years. Probably these 20 remaining 404 engines will last 4 years or so, and they haven't even considered how to procure 100 more 404 engines (most likely scenario). Remember they recently ordered American aircrafts after closure of production line when none were left! This is more like them.

kstriya

Country flag
I have also raised this issue in the past. Where are 404 engines? 40 were ordered. There are already 20 odd used. When did they place new order? Considering remaining 20 odd will be used quickly, which engine will fly mk1a? A big gap in our understanding.
3. Big lie being told. Meaning that no mk1a will come from 2017-18. Considering 1 plane was manufactured in last 15 months, how will it jump to 16 per year in 2 years. Probably these 20 remaining 404 engines will last 4 years or so, and they haven't even considered how to procure 100 more 404 engines (most likely scenario). Remember they recently ordered American aircrafts after closure of production line when none were left! This is more like them.
What about Kaveri, we have a maverick defense minister who can pull out such manoeuvres. He is the one who got the IAF in line to accept LCA MK1a.

tejas warrior

Country flag
For Tejas, we have following milestones coming in March

- Iron First - March 18
- LCA SP-2 Roll Out from production line.

please add more if known to anyone.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think HAL can order more engines. It is not necessary for then to disclose every deal.

We usually hear when a tender is placed. If price negotiation is already done, there will be no news of additional order.

Likely HAL has engines for couple of years worth of production. This may be the reason of no news.

V_Force

Country flag
"Itna Sannatta Kyun Hai Bhai" Anybody here has the information about the status of Tejas SP-2, Status of Midair Refueling Probe or any other Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles