ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
yes it didn't...no guidance was involved...they just pushed the button ( and missile released )

"
So even the missile engine / motor would have not been started" seriously ? derby is a single stage missile so..
It does not appear so because as soon as missile released , It flew ahead of plane by some distance and started dropping. So some pushing mechanism was definitely there.

Pret

Country flag
LCA Tejas is currently being tested with I-Derby-ER and not vanilla Derbys. Around 200 I-Derby-ERs will be acquired for the LCA fleet till Astra Mk-2 comes into play.
ADA signed 21 million contract in 2009/11 with Rafael for Derby missile+integration which were delivered in 2014

Pret

Country flag
It does not appear so because as soon as missile released , It flew ahead of plane by some distance and started dropping. So some pushing mechanism was definitely there.
you can see missile rocket motors exhaust flames/shock diamonds clearly.... and "where missile goes" wasn't objective of this test..

cannonfodder

Country flag
Good news if true.. ! Actually to early to think about exporting in my opinion.

http://idrw.org/srilanka-tipped-to-be-first-export-customer-for-lca-tejas/

According to Sources close to ” India today ” a 24-hour English language television network, Srilanka plans to procure India’s indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)-Tejas after India recently forced Srilanka to pull out of a similar deal to procure JF-17 fighter jet developed by China and Pakistan.

The report also mentions that Srilanka and Pakistan had almost finalised the deal and signing of the contract could have happened during a three-day visit to Sri Lanka last month by Pakistan’s Prime minister Nawaz Sharif but the deal collapsed reportedly due to Indian Governments pressure.

Idrw.org in past had reported that Srilanka plans to retire Israeli-made Kfir fighter jets and both Srilankan and Indian top officials have confirmed to ” India today ” that in next few months formal discussions will take place between both government on the possible sale of LCA-Tejas fighter jets to Srilanka.

HAL Chief T Suvarna Raju while attending Bahrain Airshow earlier this year had confirmed to Indian media reporters that India’s Indigenously developed LCA-Tejas fighter jet which had made its first International debut had received lot of inquiries regarding the fighter jet and HAL along with DRDO will hold official briefing with many interested parties on possible export of LCA-Tejas in coming few months.

LCA-Tejas recently started BVRAAM testing and successfully test fired Israeli supplied Derby Beyond Visual Air-to-Air missile for the first time and more such trials are been scheduled for next couple of days. LCA-Tejas while performing at Bahrain Airshow demonstrated expansions of its flight envelope and pulled more than 8Gs bringing it closer to FOC certification.

Indian Air force recently has placed orders for 106 Upgraded Tejas MK-1A which will be equipped with modern AESA fire control radar along with IFR probe and have better Service maintainability. According to well-informed sources close to idrw.org Indian Air force will receive 6 Tejas MK-1 aircraft for FY2016-2017 and 8 aircraft for FY2017-2018 before new and improved Tejas MK-1A is ready to enter production.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
ADA signed 21 million contract in 2009/11 with Rafael for Derby missile+integration which were delivered in 2014
Yes but a few I-Derby-ERs have been acquired in the batch to certify it.

Immanuel

Country flag
anyway, at most they will order 7-8 airframes so..it won't affect original delivery schedule
Any order from Srilanka would be the size of a mini Squadron expect 12-16. Delivery schedule has nothing to do with the need of the hour i.e. an increase in production rate to atleast 18-24 per year by 2018-2019. IAF at the minimum should be able to recieve a squadron every year with 6 additional slots for exports for the LCA MK-1A. Srilanka is only the start, we can expect orders from others. Production rate should eventually be stabilized at 36 by 2022-23 with IAF recieving 2 LCA MK-2 Sqds per year in the absense of export orders or atleast 27 i.e 1.5 sqds with 9 slots for exports.

tharikiran

Country flag
Some of the assumptions being made by our friends here regarding where the missile went lacks common sense.

The target could have been below the plane and immediately the missile went downwards could be a reason. Fact is the video doesn't tell us much other than-missile release. So, lets stop speculating. To assume, that only missile release was tested would be false.

Pret

Country flag
Some of the assumptions being made by our friends here regarding where the missile went lacks common sense.

The target could have been below the plane and immediately the missile went downwards could be a reason. Fact is the video doesn't tell us much other than-missile release. So, lets stop speculating. To assume, that only missile release was tested would be false.
actually there was no target... it was similar to Astra 4th may 2014 test..

Pret

Country flag
Yes but a few I-Derby-ERs have been acquired in the batch to certify it.
Deby-ER itself were unveiled in 2015 ..and contract was signed in 2009 !! there was no derby-ER back then( in 2009)

Immanuel

Country flag
Deby-ER itself were unveiled in 2015 ..and contract was signed in 2009 !! there was no derby-ER back then( in 2009)
Derby-ER was planned & has existed for quite some time, unveling has nothing to do with its existance, as said before a few Derby-ER had been ordered in 2014.

Pret

Country flag
Derby-ER was planned & has existed for quite some time, unveling has nothing to do with its existance, as said before a few Derby-ER had been ordered in 2014.
lol rafael itself offered Dervy-ER in 2015 and you are saying that we ordered Derby-ER in 2014 ?? lol
anyway...and link or something else ?

Immanuel

Country flag
lol rafael itself offered Dervy-ER in 2015 and you are saying that we ordered Derby-ER in 2014 ?? lol
anyway...and link or something else ?
I-Derby-Er has been in developement for some time now. IAF & IN were present in early discussions of the I-Derby-ER developement in 2012. IN/IAF already operates the Spyder-SAM with vanilla Derbys and Pythons. They wanted I-Derby-ER for future orders on the LCA incase of futher slippages in the Astra MK-2 and additonal stock orders for Spyder SAM when they happen. This is information from very close contacts in Israel. Take it or leave. India's links with Israel run very deep. IAF/IN have also had disucssions with Israel on a new version of Python WVR missile. India is the second largest user of both Derby, Python missiles by the way.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I-Derby-Er has been in developement for some time now. IAF & IN were present in early discussions of the I-Derby-ER developement in 2012. IN/IAF already operates the Spyder-SAM with vanilla Derbys and Pythons. They wanted I-Derby-ER for future orders on the LCA incase of futher slippages in the Astra MK-2 and additonal stock orders for Spyder SAM when they happen. This is information from very close contacts in Israel. Take it or leave. India's links with Israel run very deep. IAF/IN have also had disucssions with Israel on a new version of Python WVR missile. India is the second largest user of both Derby, Python missiles by the way.

Remjet powered astra (Like metor ) Is coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles