ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Rightly said. There are also other features in Tejas, such as the fact that the electronics have been specifically made and tested to withstand EMP blasts caused by nuclear weapons or standalone EMP weapons while other planes would just fall from the skies if their electronics were attacked by EMP waves. Tejas is also 80% carbon composite which makes it extremely light, tough and maintenance is easy and affordable than metal parts. While metal planes have to be checked manually for bends, cracks and this doesn't show up immediately, they are susceptible to sudden breaking. Tejas being composite material plane can be checked for structural flaws in an ultrasonic scanner which shows % damage, bending, etc and you can add material to repair it. Also Tejas uses first of its kind in-built oxygen maker for the pilot. Also, Tejas has some indegenous components which allow it to have cold start without any special heating device. It was tested in Himalayas, it was left outdoors for whole night to freeze then the plane was started in the morning, it worked flawlessly. No other plane has this. I think it's some sort of digital fuel-air mixing technology.

Think about the power of Tejas single seat version, with a more powerful engine and less weight. Everyone will start shitting in their pants.
Yes,
In his simulation study, Vivek Ahuja said that if the weight of tejas is down from this stage even slightly, it will have a great positive impact on performance. If we are able to slash even 500 kg (Which i am sure we will), along with aerodynamic improvements, this will be a bloody Fuc**r. Nothing of that chinese shit including of whole Junk series J 1 to J 100 will come anywhere close. The cheap copy may bring you an aircraft some what fast but can not the top class plane like tejas. Give another 2 years and this plane shall emerge as a fearsome fighter in the world. It will carry 4 ton weight will fly and accelerate fast . It will have top class AESA and EW suite. We must thank Mr. Parrikar for supporting this project. Had that corrupt congressi government been thare, they would have sabotaged this project. MK2 shall be an absolut top class plane in league of gripen.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
One question to honorable members. Why India did not send LSP8 and SP1? Hadn't they performed better?

Nuvneet Kundu

Yes,
In his simulation study, Vivek Ahuja said that if the weight of tejas is down from this stage even slightly, it will have a great positive impact on performance. If we are able to slash even 500 kg (Which i am sure we will), along with aerodynamic improvements, this will be a bloody Fuc**r. Nothing of that chinese shit including of whole Junk series J 1 to J 100 will come anywhere close. The cheap copy may bring you an aircraft some what fast but can not the top class plane like tejas. Give another 2 years and this plane shall emerge as a fearsome fighter in the world. It will carry 4 ton weight will fly and accelerate fast . It will have top class AESA and EW suite. We must thank Mr. Parrikar for supporting this project. Had that corrupt congressi government been thare, they would have sabotaged this project. MK2 shall be an absolut top class plane in league of gripen.
I don't know why we are comparing it with Chinese J series planes? I've heard a senior official say that this plane outperformed Mirage 2000, Gripen by a big margin and even outdid Rafale, as far as flying is concerned. Of course, after you add electronic warfare and computing things, the Rafale might be a more lethal package, but judging purely as a flight platform the Tejas kills all other planes.

Also, I noticed something. Our IAF currently uses British trainer Hawk aircraft (100+) I did some googling and found that these aircraft have just 30 KN thrust (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Turbomeca_Adour), whereas Kaveri engine has around 55KN. We can make a trainer aircraft with Kaveri, no need to use GE engines at least for the trainer version. Had the IAF been a little less obsessed with flying expensive foreign planes and co-operated, we could have made a 100% indegenous trainer jet for ourselves and for massive number of exports. We could be competing with the British Hawk, instead, we are buying it! Right now, the Tejas 2-seater trainer version uses GE engine.

This is really annoying. If any IAF person says that he is not comfortable flying Indian equipment, he should be asked to resign. Look at the arrogance in that statement "IAF FORCED to choose 2 aircraft"

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...for-pilots-arup-raha/articleshow/49207462.cms

I swear, if I were the PM and if my IAF commander used such language, I would have told him that no one is forcing him, he can resign. This Arup Raha guy has taken so many press conferences to publicly shame the administration. He's a Congi stooge. I hope he retires soon.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
sure seems to be a photoshop....
Please understand the difference between the vertical take off of 2 second of JF 17. When Palne is in motion and suddenly change direction upward, it will climb some distance with the kinetic energy and not because of superior T/W ratio. Tejas did it for more than 20 second while Junk fighter did it for 2 second with the kinetic energy it alredy had while cruising horizontally.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
sure seems to be a photoshop....
Look at the take off timing. Junk fighter takes double time of 19 second against the 10 second of Tejas and accelerates very slow. It climbs vertically for few meter with the help of Kinetic energy and not with engine power and than begins to tilt and starts a normal flight. This is what Junk fighter can maximum do. It can not climb for 20 second vertically. It is the trick of pilot to bring some excitement in a a boring display of JF 17 which does not have much stuff to display except some slow looping and some cuts.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
The India media is under strict orders from their foreign patrons to not broadcast any achievements of Indians and to focus only on perceived failures.
Today I ahve oped Indian Expres, Times of India, the Hindu, Deccan chronicle ,

Not a single word on the stunning airshow display by Tejas in bahrain!!!!

For a few advertising dollars more , thrown out by MMRCA contenders our national English mainstream media has sold its soul very cheap!!!!

I also sent some pointed tweets to Rajat pandit of TOI regarding non coverage of tejas in bahrain, The guy remains unmoved like a stone, He is the senior editor for defence & strategic affairs in times Of India.

I read once in twitter that you cant find a national capital other than Delhi, crowded by so many anti nationals at the same time anywhere in the world!!! never truer!!!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I don't know why we are comparing it with Chinese J series planes? I've heard a senior official say that this plane outperformed Mirage 2000, Gripen by a big margin and even outdid Rafale, as far as flying is concerned. Of course, after you add electronic warfare and computing things, the Rafale might be a more lethal package, but judging purely as a flight platform the Tejas kills all other planes.
Please provide the link. None of chinese plane can outrun Mirage and there is no question of any chinese plane coming even close to Rafale on any criterion. JF 17 and J 10 have flown in many air shows. Show me a video which can match tejas performance at Bahrain. Even their scientist have many time confirmed this. Chinese first told that their J 15 is better than Su 33 but look at bellow link how their own scientist exposed that there is absolutely no match.

http://archive.defensenews.com/arti...09280009/Chinese-Media-Takes-Aim-J-15-Fighter

They have exposed J 31 also like this. J 20 have a huge problems with each of its part.

Few pages ago, there is a quotation of chinese scientist that their planes are not capable as the others but they are aimed at exporting to third world countries.

Let me inform you that at least 5 J10s have fallen down in year 2015 if not more. These are the incidences which china could not hide.

All chinese weapons are hyped. They says that their WZ 10 chopper is better than LCH. The fact is that it has double the weight of LCH and still has an under power engine. WZ 10 is a piece of shit and can not carry a wight of 500 kg beyond 10000 ft whereas LCH can carry its full load of 2.5 ton + and cruise at 290 KM/HR speed. We must learn from them how to hype and market our weapons. Some of our senior scientist need to say that chinese weapons are no match to that of us. JF 17 and J 10 can not come anywhere close to Tejas. That will do a great job.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Today I ahve oped Indian Expres, Times of India, the Hindu, Deccan chronicle ,

Not a single word on the stunning airshow display by Tejas in bahrain!!!!

For a few advertising dollars more , thrown out by MMRCA contenders our national English mainstream media has sold its soul very cheap!!!!

I also sent some pointed tweets to Rajat pandit of TOI regarding non coverage of tejas in bahrain, The guy remains unmoved like a stone, He is the senior editor for defence & strategic affairs in times Of India.

I read once in twitter that you cant find a national capital other than Delhi, crowded by so many anti nationals at the same time anywhere in the world!!! never truer!!!
Exactly. I am eagerly scanning all news channels in the hope that I may watch a program or even some coverage on Tejas. I got extremely disappointed. Sale sab ke sab chor mile hue hai. Sale pura din wo gaddar terrorist agent ki suicide par hi news chalate rahate hai. .

Reactions: kr9

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Exactly. I am eagerly scanning all news channels in the hope that I may watch a program or even some coverage on Tejas. I got extremely disappointed. Sale sab ke sab chor mile hue hai. Sale pura din wo gaddar terrorist agent ki suicide par hi news chalate rahate hai. .
Tejas has put up two stunning displays, but nothing has been captured in proper detail like HD. Can you believe it ?

Rajdeep Sardesai rushes to Montenegro to chat with lalit Modi, Every news hound goes to Dadri on a dubious murder, visit hyd university for an even more suspicious suicide,but not a single HD capture of tejas display from bahrain!!!

I have repeatedly tweeted "What about bahrain?" to rajat pandit TOI, But he reports on last operation of Viraat & now TOI features a quarter page column of Vikramadittya in Colombo.

But not a single word on tejas display in bahrain!!!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Also, I noticed something. Our IAF currently uses British trainer Hawk aircraft (100+) I did some googling and found that these aircraft have just 30 KN thrust (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Turbomeca_Adour), whereas Kaveri engine has around 55KN. We can make a trainer aircraft with Kaveri, no need to use GE engines at least for the trainer version. Had the IAF been a little less obsessed with flying expensive foreign planes and co-operated, we could have made a 100% indegenous trainer jet for ourselves and for massive number of exports. We could be competing with the British Hawk, instead, we are buying it! Right now, the Tejas 2-seater trainer version uses GE engine.

This is really annoying. If any IAF person says that he is not comfortable flying Indian equipment, he should be asked to resign. Look at the arrogance in that statement "IAF FORCED to choose 2 aircraft"

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...for-pilots-arup-raha/articleshow/49207462.cms

I swear, if I were the PM and if my IAF commander used such language, I would have told him that no one is forcing him, he can resign. This Arup Raha guy has taken so many press conferences to publicly shame the administration. He's a Congi stooge. I hope he retires soon.

Ohhhhhh My bad. I miss read it. I am sorry.

Nuvneet Kundu

Tejas has put up two stunning displays, but nothing has been captured in proper detail like HD. Can you believe it ?
Unfortunately that is not restricted to Indian media. Even if you leave the Dadri drama aside, our Indian ethos has a flaw which prevents us from marketing ourselves properly. Humility is considered so paramount that making a presentation that says "I made this, look how nice it is" is frowned upon. On the other hands, Americans are on top of this propaganda game. Can you count the number of Discovery and national geography shows dedicated to displaying American weapons? In all shows the central theme is fixed "look how awesome our stuff is". Then what happens is that once this is broadcasted to a global audience it starts seeping into the subconscious that American products are better.

If you see the launch of Tejas itself, you will be depressed. Seems like a school kid has recorded it with his cell phone. Very shameful on part of the government. The information and broadcasting ministry must allocate special funds to publicize events of pride. See this bullshit coverage :

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles