ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Vertical climb was first demonstrated by F-15. Lots of aircraft are capable of it. Premium among them is F-22. SU-35,Mig-29, Typhoon..all can do vertical climb.
I know that man. I said it is new for Tejas. I have never seen tejas doing that. All High T/W ratio aircraft can do that. The planes you mentioned are very high T/W ratio aircrafts.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I am getting excited with the thought that if our bird can perform this sort of maneuvers in at this stage than what it shall do with 500 kg lower weight and 8% aerodynamic improvement. I believe it shall be a totally different plane. By that time we shall have increased AOA by further 2* and g limit by further 0.5 to 8.5. As kota Harinarayan had rightly said, China can not make such sophisticated plane. Porkis withdrew their Junk fighter to avoid humiliation.

tejas warrior

Country flag
cheers...good video..clean and crisp display......any idea on the feed back from neutral watchers or from the international media?
Don't trust all paid International Media.. Even Indian media will be flooded by paid articles for all negative news.

kr9

Country flag
Nope. Only Su27 and further developed fighters can do. (Not even F-16, F-18, Rafael etc..)
I believe some western planes can perform the cobra - although not to the angle of attack (AOA) as achieved by the Russian fighters.
F-14s could do the manoeuvre at AOA <= 90 degrees.
Russians however could do it up to 105/110 degrees.

And Tejas is also designed to be aerodynamically unstable - so it should be able to (I think).

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Do you think Tejas has low # hardpoints? Sukhoi 30 has 12 rafale & 35 14, f15 has 16 after upgrade otherwise 8 normally. Maybe mk2 iaf version will improve or allow higher payload.

Kaveri only got to 81,

http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...456754&sig=ALL1Aj7lbrxaK1k-iH6mFh3sEksoQIFEkg

However, the 404 had to be modified to reach 85 so we don't know if politics went into the decision. Seems more that they wanted Tejas out quickly & getting kaveri into production would have taken few more years.

Probably k9+ will be 70kn for ucav k10 110 for amca. Kaveri actually has higher non afterburner thrust than 404.

Also as navy was primary backed, kaveri was not enough for mk2 naval. Kaveri is still a good engine no doubt.

As saurav Jha said, would still consider the project a success but, better not to brag until we're 1.5x ahead of #2 like before 1857.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles