ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nandu

IAF to get 20 additional LCA Tejas soon

NEW DELHI (BNS): Indian Air Force will induct the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas after the initial operational clearance in December this year.

The aircraft will have both naval and air force version, according to a statement by the Indian Ministry of Defence.

A contract for procurement of 20 Tejas in Initial Operational Clearance configuration was signed with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd on March 31, 2006. These light combat aircraft are likely to be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) by March 2011.

"In addition to the above contract for 20 LCA, a proposal for procurement of an additional 20 LCA in Final Operational Clearance configuration is being progressed. The specifications of the LCA are as per the Air Service Requirements framed by the IAF,” Indian Defence Minister AK Antony told the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.

The LCA, a project of Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), is the first supersonic fighter craft manufactured by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

The naval version of the LCA would be attached to aircraft carrier Gorshkov once it is ready for operations. HAL will manufacture 20 LCA for the Air force and another 20 for the navy.

SOURCE: BARHANAND.COM

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
few more pics

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Weapons/ASM/Carrier+Bomb+Light+Stores+Mk200-1A+for+Practice+Bombs.jpg.html

notinlove

This is what i meant , i found the number of hard points to be a tad small , so was wondering if that would lead to underutilisation of the payload capacity , but this solves it :)

Rahul Singh

Country flag
LCA-Tejas has completed 1301 Test Flights successfully. (24-Feb-10).

LCA has completed 1301 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-129,PV3-194,LSP1-54,LSP2-138,PV5-6).

Number of test flights/ per month on downslope. Anybody know why?
Wild guess. My be all test points have been achieved successfully except MMR testing and that is why jets are been sent for MMR integration.

Agantrope

LCA-Tejas has completed 1301 Test Flights successfully. (24-Feb-10).

LCA has completed 1301 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-129,PV3-194,LSP1-54,LSP2-138,PV5-6).

Number of test flights/ per month on downslope. Anybody know why?
Wild guess. My be all test points have been achieved successfully except MMR testing and that is why jets are been sent for MMR integration.
Limited test pilots and they too are in MMRCA evaluation :)

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No, LCA have a separate team of 7 test pilots from NTFC. The guys who are evaluating contenders of M-MRCA are experienced pilots of IAF.

vijayvenkatramani

A quick question - does LCA Tejas have a modular design which enables mid-life upgrades and stretching its lifespan upto 2030?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
A quick question - does LCA Tejas have a modular design which enables mid-life upgrades and stretching its lifespan upto 2030?
Its databus allows it for easy upgrades in the 1533 standard. That should be good enough for LCA up to the first batch MLU. A life extension requires the complete disassembly, rewiring with new harnesses, replacement of fatigued parts, recore or new engine, and whatever new systems you want on it. It is a little small to have growth potential outside its current capacity.

pavanvenkatesh

can anybody tell me how many hard points (i.e.payload capacity) does the LCA have? does it have operational flexibility like the eurofighter i.e.switching from air to air to air to ground instantly

notinlove

can anybody tell me how many hard points (i.e.payload capacity) does the LCA have? does it have operational flexibility like the eurofighter i.e.switching from air to air to air to ground instantly
8 Hardpoints , 4000 kg payload capability , yest it will have operational flexibility once the radar is operational , also can mount various pods for A2G roles.

pavanvenkatesh

8 Hardpoints , 4000 kg payload capability , yest it will have operational flexibility once the radar is operational , also can mount various pods for A2G roles.
Thanx notinlove but i feel 8 is a bit small payload most of the fighters in MMRCA has heavier payload then this?

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
Thanx notinlove but i feel 8 is a bit small payload most of the fighters in MMRCA has heavier payload then this?
MMRCA = Medium multi-role combat aircraft
LCA = Light combat aircraft

I think this could make you understand it easier

pavanvenkatesh

MMRCA = Medium multi-role combat aircraft
LCA = Light combat aircraft

I think this could make you understand it easier
my doubt was what specific role does the light combat aircraft have is it a frontline 4+ generation workhorse fighter like the mig 21 and F-16 or any thing else

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
my doubt was what specific role does the light combat aircraft have is it a frontline 4+ generation workhorse fighter like the mig 21 and F-16 or any thing else
The LCA is envisaged as a point defence aircraft and is going to be uased for air intrediction and interception. The Delta wing helps it to climb and accelerate quickly to intercept the incoming strike packages. The LCA has a secondary A@G role and CAP role too. But these are only secondary roles. The LCA will be the numbers of IAF just like the MiG 21 now.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
cross posting:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/C...ed-in-next-generation-fighter-aircraft/585363

The Head Up Display (HUD), developed by the Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO), Chandigarh, would soon be used in the next generation aircraft.

The CSIO recently completed the last phase of transfer of total 20 units of HUD to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) which would be fabricated in the Light Combat Aircrafts (LCA) to be used by the Air Force. Not only the LCAs, the CSIO has also received order to develop 200 more items of equipment for the next generation aircrafts.

The CSIO is now in the process of development of the HUD systems for SU-30 MKI, Jaguar and MiG series aircraft. Dr Pawan Kapur, Director CSIO, said the organisation has recently received an order to develop 200 more HUD for the next generation aircrafts.

“The technology successfully developed and displayed to the Air Force would be subsequently used by them. It is a long-term programme which would be further implemented in the next generation aircrafts,”
said Kapur.

The HUD is supposed to be superior to similar systems in the international market.

According to Dr Kapur, “The CSIO equipment is noiseless and offers a better field of view. It is compact, reliable, non-reflective and designed for high-performance aircraft. HAL is undertaking the fabrication of HUD in the LCAs under close monitoring with CSIO. Various institutes and research bodies including HAL, Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) are involved in the process.”

After trials with LCA-TD2 aircrafts, the HUD technology has been successfully developed and integrated with these aircrafts and also the feasibility study of HUD for HJT aircrafts is completed. The HUD for the HJT, a follow-up project of the Tejas HUD, is more compact and lighter, with some more features incorporated into it.

The HUD is an opto-electronic device installed above the cockpit’s instruments with its screen at the pilot’s level. It provides information on the aircraft’s flight parameters like speed, direction, altitude, weapon-status, among others.

vijayvenkatramani

Lifespan of LCA Tejas

What I meant to ask was even if more than 200 LCA Tejas enters squadron service between 2012 and 2017, will its lifespan be extended beyond 2030 or even upto 2050 until ADA-HAL can design and build a replacement for the LCA Tejas?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
The next aircraft is already on the drawing board, MCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles