ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganesh2691

LCA Flight test update

LCA-Tejas has completed 2206 Test Flights Successfully. (15-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-138,LSP4-82,LSP5-180,LSP7-44,NP1-4,LSP8-8)

from
LCA-Tejas has completed 2197 Test Flights Successfully. (12-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-136,LSP4-81,LSP5-178,LSP7-43,NP1-4,LSP8-5)

Devil's Advocate

There are trainers at training center ( Apple ) and there are operational squadron trainers ( Oranges )..

My gud friend Kunal never get what you Trying to make sense for?

Well Tejasnk1 is no full Fledged 4th gen aircraft in current picture.. it's nothing more than MIG21 bison ++

But yes mk2 is better and hopefully few issues will be resolved with time. At its best this jet will be Tejas mk2 of similar capability as Gripen and am talking about the current one not GRIPEN NG.

The designing had flaws too but it's getting checked on as when comes to avionics they will be under the first grade hopefully by 2016.

And For GOD Sake what gave you the idea that tejas are of same level as mig 29.. i assume you are talking about the upgraded mig 29s

Mig- 29 is way much better right now but yes we will improve in future. Tejas will be used primarily to provide flying hours to pilots.

And yes since we are lagging in no. games will be in good use when it comes to pak as they are still using the third gen era jets or jf-17 as far as f-16s are concerned they will start dying soon as USA is putting it's hand out now.

And i don't mind Tejas as supersonic jet trainer filling the gap to switch over other platform plus being a cool interceptor it's worth considering we need this to establish our own Aviation industry otherwise SORRY on any given day IAF will say no to this.

But let's see the big picture how much we have gained and AMCA the best thing is yet to come out CHEERS :)

Guys i would like you to join and share your views on this thread.

defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/52003-multiple-platforms-airforce-2020-2025-a.html
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

p2prada

And i don't mind Tejas as supersonic jet trainer filling the gap to switch over other platform plus being a cool interceptor it's worth considering we need this to establish our own Aviation industry otherwise SORRY on any given day IAF will say no to this.
This has a very high possibility of happening.

Once first 40 LCA Mk1s have completed their development cycle, they may be used as conversion trainers.

Ganesh2691

LCA Flight test update

LCA-Tejas has completed 2208 Test Flights Successfully. (18-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-138,LSP4-82,LSP5-180,LSP7-45,NP1-4,LSP8-9)

from
LCA-Tejas has completed 2206 Test Flights Successfully. (15-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-138,LSP4-82,LSP5-180,LSP7-44,NP1-4,LSP8-8)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
From your posts, Read the thread first before jumping between and knee jerking ...

As you are a new bee will answer few from your post..

====================
====================

That is because you are unaware / don't know about squadron trainers, these trainers exists in every kind of fighter squadron let it be Mir-2000, MIG-21, MIG-29, and others..

NLCA orders are 4 single and 4 twin seater..

==========================

Generation terminology is invention of lockhead martin plant for simple man, For experts it depends on aircraft capabilities..

4th gen aircraft in current picture.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Well Tejasnk1 is no full Fledged 4th gen aircraft in current picture.. it's nothing more than MIG21 bison ++

it is like saying PAKFA is just a replacement for SU-30 MKI.
Tejas has more than double the range, weapon weight and radar tracking range and BVR missile range as that of MIG-21.

The radar of Tejas is equal to the RAFALE, MIG-29 radome dia, BVR missiles of tejas are also equal to the missile ranges on RAFALE, As ADA chief said in his interview the tejas-mk-2 will have radar interfaces to carry METEOR.

And tejas mk-1 has the lowest RCS of any fighter currently serving in IAF. It is very significant advantage, In simple air to air roles with no external fuel tanks , once tejas mk-1 fires it's long range BVRs(high RCS external stores) , it's RCS will drop significantly allowing it to evade the tracking thresold RCS range of most fighters in PAf and PLAF to aim their long range BVRs at it,compared to MIG-29 and SU-30.

So in this regard it is the best air to air fighter in presently IAF.
But yes mk2 is better and hopefully few issues will be resolved with time. At its best this jet will be Tejas mk2 of similar capability as Gripen and am talking about the current one not GRIPEN NG.

mk-2 is equal to grippen NG. Mk-2 will have lesser RCS and more powerful radar than grippen NG(considering radome dia)
The designing had flaws too but it's getting checked on as when comes to avionics they will be under the first grade hopefully by 2016.
No design flaws as tejas clocked the same top speeds as that of MIG-29 and SU-30 in seal level flights in hot indian conditions (a power less dive from 4Km alt as part of it's flutter test) , so the so no design issues hasn't stopped it from achieving this.
And For GOD Sake what gave you the idea that tejas are of same level as mig 29.. i assume you are talking about the upgraded mig 29s

Tejas has lesser RCS and in mk-2 version once the critical fuel fraction spec is known , we may see it having almost the same range as that of MIG-29 K, as MIG-29 K upgrades is constrained to carrier adoption and cockpit modernization.

Tejas mk-2 is supposed to carry 120 km range BVRs and expected to carry close to 5 tons weapon load along with vastly reduced thermal signatures and radar signatures.The MIG-29 can't.
Mig- 29 is way much better right now but yes we will improve in future. Tejas will be used primarily to provide flying hours to pilots.
Mig-29 development is almost closed. Infact there is no future development programs for any of the MIG series fighters considering the clouds over MIG-35's future.But Tejas has just started out as a modern 4.5th gen fighter with lower RCS, lower wing loading , higher composites longer BVr ranges,even an ASEA upgrade in MK-2 and later in MK- 1 MLU
And yes since we are lagging in no. games will be in good use when it comes to pak as they are still using the third gen era jets or jf-17 as far as f-16s are concerned they will start dying soon as USA is putting it's hand out now.

Even some sukhois have to be used as trainers for IAF sukhoi pilots.

So what is the problem ?

It is like going to USAF and saying , since F-22 and JSF are here all your F-15, 16, 18-super hornets are simply trainers.
But let's see the big picture how much we have gained and AMCA the best thing is yet to come out CHEERS :)
AMCA is an evolution and extension of Tejas tech.
Guys i would like you to join and share your views on this thread.
In the closed Tejas -III, and in the past 60 pages of this thread all the matters you have raised in this post have been discussed to death.
defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/52003-multiple-platforms-airforce-2020-2025-a.html
Thank you very much.
So please heed the advice of gud friend Kunal,and read the following closed ADA -III thread

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/18521-ada-tejas-lca-iii-248.html#post610186

and 70 pages of this thread for useful discussion of what tejas is .

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
LCA-Tejas has completed 2219 Test Flights Successfully. (21-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-140,LSP4-84,LSP5-184,LSP7-45,NP1-4,LSP8-12)

Three days and 11 flights! to IOC-2 :thumb:

===============
===============

Insight into development process of LCA, Avionics and Weapons System (AWS) mission computer software.

http://www.bitsoftsystems.com/mydocs/Avionics%20Mission%20Computer%20Case%20Study.pdf

ladder

Country flag
LCA-Tejas has completed 2219 Test Flights Successfully. (21-June-2013).

(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-365,LSP1-74,LSP2-273,PV5-36,LSP3-140,LSP4-84,LSP5-184,LSP7-45,NP1-4,LSP8-12)

Three days and 11 flights! to IOC-2 :thumb:
Dr. Avinash Chander's QRT effect

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
'Tejas Pilots' Hall of Fame

^^

these are he men who made india's aviation history .they all praised that tejas handles very well and especially SUNEET KRISHNA , "who said TEJAS is ours, and whatever we need in it, it is modularly upgradable.

No one said it is mig-21 ++ .They know what they are flying and what they are talking.They all know that tech level of tejas is one of the very best in IAF.
===================

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well for all on this matter, could Kunal Da or someone else please enlighten me (us) when is this piece of equipment going to be inducted/ by the Air Force?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

======================
======================

Jan 10, 2011

Its already inducted..

The Tejas inducted into the 45th squadron, the Flying Daggers and based in Sulur.

Well for all on this matter, could Kunal Da or someone else please enlighten me (us) when is this piece of equipment going to be inducted/ by the Air Force?

Last edited by a moderator:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
no I meant when can we expect to see the fighter in a fight? Real or otherwise.
serial production has started.
40 engines ordered,
If we want to see the tejas in real fight ,
we need a war, not a pleasant prospect though,
if tejas is inducted in substantial numbers, along with other fighters in IAF, our borders will be peaceful because prospect of war against india won't be very appealing to our neighbors

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Defence minister to review long-delayed LCA project today
press trust of india
NEW DELHI, 23 JUNE: Defence Minister A K Antony will tomorrow review the long-delayed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) project with all the stake-holders including the Indian Air Force to find out ways of avoiding further slippage in the programme.
After the first Initial Operational Clearance (IOC-I) in January 2011, DRDO, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) are planning to hold the IOC-2 in September this year and Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by the end of next year. The meeting will be attended by senior officials of DRDO including its head Avinash Chander while Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is expected to represent IAF, sources said.
During the meeting, the IAF is expected to make a presentation to bring out the shortcomings in the LCA that it would want to be done away with and its requirements from the aircraft, they said.
Soon after Mr Chander took over, Mr Antony asked him to take care of the LCA project as his top priority and ensure there was no further time slippage in the programme.
In recent times, Mr Antony has grown impatient over the continuing delays in the programme which was initiated in the 80s and has seen several delays in it and several time and cost overruns. Recently he had said at a DRDO function that, "I am waiting that the LCA should become a reality. I have been given a particular date by the DRDO and I hope that it is the final date and the aircraft gets its Initial Operational Clearance II.
"Antony asked the team of HAL, DRDO and IAF to work together on the LCA project and ensure that it achieves the IOC-II and then the FOC.
The DRDO is seriously undertaking the task assigned to it by the Government and has formed a high-level team to complete the project in time.
Defence minister to review long-delayed LCA project today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles