ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I know people say its indescribable watching child walk first time. After watching following video i can say, i fully understand!

[video]http://gallery.tejas.gov.in/photos/2465302115_pFN6nDr-960D.mp4[/video]
Anyway did anybody noticed LCA -- a neither light nor clean (drop tanks re visible) took of in under 300 meters.

I have seen people claiming this and that for JAS-39 Gripen's STOL capability and praising its super canard design. Bad they use these assumptions for cursing LCA for not having canard while comparing LCA's capabilities with stereotype tail less deltas like Mirage 3. Worse they don't see any special is LCA's two sweep or cracked delta wing and completely rejects the fact that this unique shape gives LCA better low speed performance than stereotype tail less delta wing fighters like Mirage 3s.

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
There is this very handy saying: In an emergency borrowed teeth and no match for one's own gums.
are you implying that tejas mk2 and super sukhoi are no match for rafeal?if the deal goes through(at the currrrent speed) the first squadron of rafael is at least 5-6 years away.by that time china will field 5th gen j20 and we will be inducting pak-fa/fgfa.then why would iaf waste critical financial,manpower and logistic resources to induct a 4th gen fighter like rafel?alternatively both tejas and super-sukhoi are improved version of existing fighter in iaf inventory and iaf would not have to build separate infrastructure for their repair and maintainence.the mmrca deal is at least 8-10 years late and world is moving towards 5th gen fighter and india should not waste 15-17 billion dollars of forex reserve in french defence industry rather than building our own indegeneous capacity.

tramp

are you implying that tejas mk2 and super sukhoi are no match for rafeal?if the deal goes through(at the currrrent speed) the first squadron of rafael is at least 5-6 years away.by that time china will field 5th gen j20 and we will be inducting pak-fa/fgfa.then why would iaf waste critical financial,manpower and logistic resources to induct a 4th gen fighter like rafel?alternatively both tejas and super-sukhoi are improved version of existing fighter in iaf inventory and iaf would not have to build separate infrastructure for their repair and maintainence.the mmrca deal is at least 8-10 years late and world is moving towards 5th gen fighter and india should not waste 15-17 billion dollars of forex reserve in french defence industry rather than building our own indegeneous capacity.
You did not get my point, buddy. What I meant is exactly what you are trying to say.
Whatever the level of sophistication of our "borrowed" fighters, what if we do not get timely delivery of aircraft and spares when we need them most?

That's why 'one's own gums become more useful than borrowed teeth'.

p2prada

Re: ADA LCA Tejas Mark-II

Induction of greater drag? True. Impossible? Not at all. Anyway that's for internal weapon bay and podded weapons, but won't F-414 will will have ample thrust? Ok lets leave it for future.
Even with the extra thrust, you don't want to lose supersonic agility while carrying air to air loads.

Whywould youfit a DSI if you have a fine working air intake without moving parts?
Silly craze for it.

p2prada

I have seen people claiming this and that for JAS-39 Gripen's STOL capability and praising its super canard design. Bad they use these assumptions for cursing LCA for not having canard while comparing LCA's capabilities with stereotype tail less deltas like Mirage 3. Worse they don't see any special is LCA's two sweep or cracked delta wing and completely rejects the fact that this unique shape gives LCA better low speed performance than stereotype tail less delta wing fighters like Mirage 3s.
LCAs requirement is not meant for it to get into a turning fight like Gripen.

tramp

Yes there are F22s and F35 around the world. But we should learn to work on what we have and try to improve on them. Let us work on Tejas and make it better.

p2prada

Yes there are F22s and F35 around the world. But we should learn to work on what we have and try to improve on them. Let us work on Tejas and make it better.
Sure, I am all for it.

tramp

Great pix. We should focus all our energy on Tejas and make it a success..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
When you read the Specs about Tejas STOL, Its is well clear what Tejas holds..

Tejas are unique in there own way, It as AoA of 26-28 degree with R-73 and DASH its WVR capability makes it up quite a challenge for other high AoA preforming fighters like MIG-35 and SU-30MKI..

I know people say its indescribable watching child walk first time. After watching following video i can say, i fully understand!

Anyway did anybody noticed LCA -- a neither light nor clean (drop tanks re visible) took of in under 300 meters.

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Even with the extra thrust, you don't want to lose supersonic agility while carrying air to air loads.

Silly craze for it.
If idea is to loose some agility for better LO then why not especially when you have ample thrust to make up for?

So they designed LCA as negatively stable fighter just for fun. How silly?

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Kinda like smoke dispensers of MBTs.........Dispense couple of these when you are cought from six o'clock.

Last edited:

vram

Country flag
Man they just need to get the production in proper shape now after testing of BVR capabiity. Then we have a very good fighter replacement for the Mig-21's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles