Absolutely No Mercy - The NYT leak of China official Xinjiang policy

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Get out of your cave
Says the guy can't figure out geography and flags
regret u don't know Chinese thus have no access to the Chinese social media or the likes. That disables u to understand one part of the world.
This is not an issue about linguists. Indians have been doing business with plenty of non-anglo world(china+south korea,japan,Vietnam etc). So language is not a barrier for us to understand a country.

FYI,In this day and age,language is not a barrier for anyone for that matter.

Even I have sources,who have done business in such countries including china. Ps.they are not necessarily fluent in the lingua franca of above mentioned countries.

All of them said,china is the only country where dissent(against their government) is suppressed in open.

For example,Can you discuss or find any info on tienmen square incident in china internet... you do know what tienmen square massacre is right?:troll:Just asking....

You're loosing your cool whenever someone confronted you with alt views.....

I'm yet see a single,constructive view point from your posts,
Argue with facts,not emotions....

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ever heard of VPN and that's not a kanadian flag:pound:

You are missing the bigger point....there is a reason I asked that question, but you cleverly evaded that...

Lemme simplify my point here,

You are a chinese(I presume) china,is posting insulting comments on a Indian defence forum without any blackout.

You can interact with us.

But is there any chinese forums,where Indians(or any country for that matter)can visit and post comments that criticizing CPC?

I'm not a liberal and not saying the articles defines the reality.

But I'm one for advocating free speech and rule of law.....

For avoiding any further confusions,
:india:
But can you write Chinese? cause all Chinese forums use Chinese language. Chinese forums use different ways to monitor forums contents, they use automatic system to block "sensitive" words , they do have moderators but moderators never seem to work and almost no one gets banned by human moderators, if your posts contain" sensitive words or phrases" they simply won't post and a message will pop up telling you that your posts contain sensitive words or phrases, please edit them, but the system won't tell you which words and phrases, most people can guess rightly about them and deliberately misspell those words to get around the monitoring system, so if your Chinese is not good enough you probably won't understand what those posts are talking about, and online translation softwares can't translate them either.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But can you write Chinese? cause all Chinese forums use Chinese language. Chinese forums use different ways to monitor forums contents, they use automatic system to block "sensitive" words , they do have moderators but moderators never seem to work and almost no one gets banned by human moderators, if your posts contain" sensitive words or phrases" they simply won't post and a message will pop up telling you that your posts contain sensitive words or phrases, please edit them, but the system won't tell you which words and phrases, most people can guess rightly about them and deliberately misspell those words to get around the monitoring system, so if your Chinese is not good enough you probably won't understand what those posts are talking about, and online translation softwares can't translate them either.

But I heard and read about it,like a lot.

In my previous life,I've had plenty of interaction with china experts with mandarin proficiency.

About the shortcuts,

But still you skirting around the government restrictions right?

The keywords are baked into the source code by the government right?

It means,the government prohibits its citizens from discussing stuff they don't want you to speak.

Whether you can or can't skirt around the law is irrelevant.

Prior to 2014, I've openly criticized congress government and the pm of my country. Then we voted them out. They didn't suppress us legally.

Now the congressis criticizing the ruling party and the pm. Similarly we are not suppressing them.

Note,We both didn't skirt around the existing missionary express our discontent.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But I heard and read about it,like a lot.

In my previous life,I've had plenty of interaction with china experts with mandarin proficiency.

About the shortcuts,

But still you skirting around the government restrictions right?

The keywords are baked into the source code by the government right?

It means,the government prohibits its citizens from discussing stuff they don't want you to speak.

Whether you can or can't skirt around the law is irrelevant.

Prior to 2014, I've openly criticized congress government and the pm of my country. Then we voted them out. They didn't suppress us legally.

Now the congressis criticizing the ruling party and the pm. Similarly we are not suppressing them.

Note,We both didn't skirt around the existing missionary express our discontent.
It's not a secret that China restricts freedom of speech, it has both pros and cons for this policy, it curbs the people communicating and interacting freely with each other on the internet, true, but freedom of speech also allows a lot rumors and misinformation to spread quikcly among people and cause panic and even social turbulance in the society, there should be a balanced approach to this issue.

You may check this out, he might not be totally right, but some points he made in the video are very true. Everything has pros and cons, all we need to do is to find a balance.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Says the guy can't figure out geography and flags

This is not an issue about linguists. Indians have been doing business with plenty of non-anglo world(china+south korea,japan,Vietnam etc). So language is not a barrier for us to understand a country.

FYI,In this day and age,language is not a barrier for anyone for that matter.

Even I have sources,who have done business in such countries including china. Ps.they are not necessarily fluent in the lingua franca of above mentioned countries.

All of them said,china is the only country where dissent(against their government) is suppressed in open.

For example,Can you discuss or find any info on tienmen square incident in china internet... you do know what tienmen square massacre is right?:troll:Just asking....

You're loosing your cool whenever someone confronted you with alt views.....

I'm yet see a single,constructive view point from your posts,
Argue with facts,not emotions....
Seriously guys i would trade Chinese for muslims and sjw types anyday.

As an atheist my value system is purely material:

1.love for tech and it's devlopment.
2.nationalism
3.material wealth .

In terms of that i judge people and entire groups and the Chinese would do better than the liberal types and definitely better than muslims.

As for suppression of Hong kon protesters and uighers,see above.

I especially don't understand how anyone hear can feel anything but purely unadulterated joy for how he uighers are treated. muslims of the world deserve collective punishment.

I'm a great believer in collective punishment and the sins of the father meme.

Groups should pay back all the damage they caused with force if they have too and as a develping country,india should not spare a quarter towards Islam even if it shows a slight tendency to be anti development.

Tomorrow if all the uighers in china were s**t in cold blood i would not bat an eye that's how low muzzies are in my personal scale.this goes for anti nationals of every country too.one must hate them as we hate our jai Chands.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
freedom of speech also allows a lot rumors and misinformation to spread quikcly among people and cause panic and even social turbulance in the society, there should be a balanced approach to this issue.
Mate,I've serious discontent with your establishment but it doesn't trickle down to the common day to day civilians.
Bcoz of two reasons
  1. they have no say in it
  2. 3000 years of civilization tainted with civilian blood.(in some areas reminded of my country)
My argument starts from the 2nd point,your civilization endured such countless massacres, yet more or less stayed in course(for example,c preservation of cultural identities).

But you are worried/afraid of puny misinformation.
It goes against of what china is known for,documentation of history.

Your culture succumbed to fairly new concept(communism) and the new concept dictates every chinese.

As for as whitemens observation,we all know how big is your market,so they'll say anything to earn your attention. For the same very reason,I posted jeremies tweet. He praised your country because of it is produced by biggest conglomerate,but dizzed you the moment he got a space to vent.

Overtime pressure will built up and it blows. Especially when you are already in crisis.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mate,I've serious discontent with your establishment but it doesn't trickle down to the common day to day civilians.
Bcoz of two reasons
  1. they have no say in it
  2. 3000 years of civilization tainted with civilian blood.(in some areas reminded of my country)
My argument starts from the 2nd point,your civilization endured such countless massacres, yet more or less stayed in course(for example,c preservation of cultural identities).

But you are worried/afraid of puny misinformation.
It goes against of what china is known for,documentation of history.

Your culture succumbed to fairly new concept(communism) and the new concept dictates every chinese.

As for as whitemens observation,we all know how big is your market,so they'll say anything to earn your attention. For the same very reason,I posted jeremies tweet. He praised your country because of it is produced by biggest conglomerate,but dizzed you the moment he got a space to vent.

Overtime pressure will built up and it blows. Especially when you are already in crisis.
A lot of foreigners were first shocked and then change their minds after they visited China for the first time, I lived in the west for some years and I know what the west is like, but very few westerners who comment on China's social affairs had never set a foot in China, the China you learned from your media is very different from the China in reality, I suggest you search youtube and find some videos shared by expats living in China and see what they have to say about China.
In our Chinese eyes, at least this government delivered us a lot during the past 4 decades, as a country China develops pretty well, and China-imminent-crash news by western media also have been around for the same periond of time but we've grown so used to them. There are many failed states around the world in the past couple of decades but China is not one of them.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Our culture is aways based on centralized power throughout the history, it's part of the core value of Confucian values, that makes east Asian culture apart from other cultures. what's good for the west doesn't have to be good for China, we have to follow our own path which can be very opposite to what westerners believe and take. China is only in a name of communism now, everything in China is a pattern of old Chinese traditional governance mode.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A lot of foreigners were first shocked and then change their minds after they visited China for the first time, I lived in the west for some years and I know what the west is like, but very few westerners who comment on China's social affairs had never set a foot in China, the China you learned from your media is very different from the China in reality, I suggest you search youtube and find some videos shared by expats living in China and see what they have to say about China.
In our Chinese eyes, at least this government delivered us a lot during the past 4 decades, as a country China develops pretty well, and China-imminent-crash news by western media also have been around for the same periond of time but we've grown so used to them. There are many failed states around the world in the past couple of decades but China is not one of them.
Our culture is aways based on centralized power throughout the history, it's part of the core value of Confucian values, that makes east Asian culture apart from other cultures. what's good for the west doesn't have to be good for China, we have to follow our own path which can be very opposite to what westerners believe and take. China is only in a name of communism now, everything in China is a pattern of old Chinese traditional governance mode.

90% of time the common civilian doesn't care who runs the country and what system they adapt as long as the their basic needs are provided for. Your hybrid system of governance(which opened up its markets way Earlier than india),has taken care of infrastructure for common civilians. Especially this is true when it comes to family centric eastern cultures.

I for one,(I cannot vouch for others) not seeing china through western concept of social liberties. But amassing power into centralized location will have its long term side effects.

How can be so sure,if someone from ones community is not punished because of expressing their views.
Ok,for now everything is going smoothly,so no problem.

What happens a nut case captured the top position starting to impose his personal interpretation of the ideology to the masses.(it happened in your recent past,if you know what I am pointing out)

========================================

Besides, I'm not judging or interested in changing your political system. Not one bit,its your country,your fate not anyone's business.

I dived in because of your countrymens insensitive comments,that's all. Just to show how hollow his arguments were.

I say it again,we Indians don't care how you running your government. We care about how your government treats our country.
(For example,Cpc objected the abrogation in UN ,if you find the supporting arguments they provided you can understand why we criticize your system. That's all)

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
90% of time the common civilian doesn't care who runs the country and what system they adapt as long as the their basic needs are provided for. Your hybrid system of governance(which opened up its markets way Earlier than india),has taken care of infrastructure for common civilians. Especially this is true when it comes to family centric eastern cultures.

I for one,(I cannot vouch for others) not seeing china through western concept of social liberties. But amassing power into centralized location will have its long term side effects.

How can be so sure,if someone from ones community is not punished because of expressing their views.
Ok,for now everything is going smoothly,so no problem.

What happens a nut case captured the top position starting to impose his personal interpretation of the ideology to the masses.(it happened in your recent past,if you know what I am pointing out)

========================================

Besides, I'm not judging or interested in changing your political system. Not one bit,its your country,your fate not anyone's business.

I dived in because of your countrymens insensitive comments,that's all. Just to show how hollow his arguments were.

I say it again,we Indians don't care how you running your government. We care about how your government treats our country.
(For example,Cpc objected the abrogation in UN ,if you find the supporting arguments they provided you can understand why we criticize your system. That's all)
China actually do have democracy within the communist party and follows team leadership, highly educated scholars and experts do have a say on where the country should go , all top leaders have to go through various lower levels of administration to reach the top, Xi himself started as a village head and lived in a cave in his early political career, leaders are merit, performance and experience oriented, it's another form of China's traditional meritocracy governance system.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinese are business smart people, we believe running a country is like running a company, only well informed top level upper management people make decisions for the company, if every employee in this company has a say on the company's policy making, the company will go nowhere. People only care about their own personal, local or region interest, and many times their interest are against the national interests.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Chinese are business smart people, we believe running a country is like running a company, only well informed top level upper management people make decisions for the company, if every employee in this company has a say on the company's policy making, the company will go nowhere. People only care about their own personal, local or region interest, and many times their interest are against the national interests.
There was a time when Nokia and Motorola were considered smart business people.

Then came Apple....

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China actually do have democracy within the communist party and follows team leadership, highly educated scholars and experts do have a say on where the country should go , all top leaders have to go through various lower levels of administration to reach the top, Xi himself started as a village head and lived in a cave in his early political career, leaders are merit, performance and experience oriented, it's another form of China's traditional meritocracy governance system.
As I said earlier,personally I do not care whether you follow democracy or not. Just because one country follows democracy doesn't mean they are righteous by default.

Lemme go one step further, I'll place a comment on your behalf. In 1971 war,two democratic countries sent their cbg's to Indian waters to suppress democratic india.

But,Commie soviets came to our rescue.

Again,I care about my country's political system only. The reason critiqued because,as I said,
I dived in because of your countryman's insensitive comments,that's all. Just to show how hollow his arguments were.

Last edited:

jon88

Country flag
As I said earlier,personally I do not care whether you follow democracy or not. Just because one country follows democracy doesn't mean they are righteous by default.

Lemme go one step further, I'll place a comment on your behalf. In 1971 war,two democratic countries sent their cbg's to Indian waters to suppress democratic india.

But,Commie soviets came to our rescue.

Again,I care about my country's political system only. The reason critiqued because,as I said,
I found your comments very interesting and valid in so many points. Every country should follow any path that is suitable to them. It is very funny that Western countries deem every human are different and should be respected, but yet do not value or respect the diversity of governance of nations.
Remember WWII? Hitler was elected in a fair and open election. Japan was the most democratic country in Asia at the time. Yet, they started WWII. Yes, democracies started WWII.
Yes, like the video suggests, there should be a balance.

Chimpoo

Country flag
You are needlessly attacking India when it's the American newspapers like nyt and wapo that are criticizing China.
Well ,yes ,obviously.

Also, just cause you post in a small India based online defence forum and say that you're Indian doesn't follow that you actually are one. Anyone can pretend to be anybody ,when posting anonymously on the internet.

And even if you are Indian,it doesn't mean your opinions expressed here,in any way represent the official position of the Indian government.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles