About I, Me and Myself

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Hi there guys,

After a ton of posts on the forum, I finally remembered that Singh had asked me to post about myself. An introduction basically. To quote him -
We just love to welcome our new members...
Anyways, those in PDF and WAB might already know me and my views on most issues.

I'm generally a BJP supporter, but I do agree with some policies of the Congress party. Basically, I agree with any policy which I believe will be beneficial to our country.

I'm a computer developer from Mumbai who also does teaching at the University...

I do hope I enjoy my stay at the forum... Cheerrs !!!

A.V.

FORMAL welcome to DFI ,your contribution is highly appreciated.
enjoy here and build up a healthy dfi community.

cheers:D

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Hi there guys,

After a ton of posts on the forum, I finally remembered that Singh had asked me to post about myself. An introduction basically. To quote him -

Anyways, those in PDF and WAB might already know me and my views on most issues.

I'm generally a BJP supporter, but I do agree with some policies of the Congress party. Basically, I agree with any policy which I believe will be beneficial to our country.

I'm a computer developer from Mumbai who also does teaching at the University...

Ah! Teacher as well; I want to thank you for that and welcome to DFI.

The fastest way to make your dream come true is to wake up!

EnlightenedMonk

Ah! Teacher as well; I want to thank you for that and welcome to DFI.
Thanks Swaraj... yep, do some part-time teaching also at the University along with my post graduation (which will be completing this year)

Anyways, you have some soft corner for teachers, eh ?? You thanked me for teaching... hehehehe....:D:D:D:D

Actually, I love to teach, its one of the things I love to do in life... but, unfortunately, it doesn't pay that much in India, else I would have loved to take that up as a profession...

Rage

DFI TEAM
Hi there guys,

Mate, you da man!! :D What part of Bombaiya are you from? And what University do you teach at? I'm a Mumbaikar myself. I love that city for everything it is: a city of brilliant contrasts, of vibrant hospitality, of shantytowns and soaring skyscrapers... and a city with a cosmopolitanism rivaled by none anywhere in the world. Yeh hai Mumbai meri jaan!!! :idhitit:

EnlightenedMonk

Mate, you da man!! :D What part of Bombaiya are you from? And what University do you teach at? I'm a Mumbaikar myself. I love that city for everything it is: a city of brilliant contrasts, of vibrant hospitality, of skyscrapers and shantytowns... and a city with a cosmopolitanism rivaled by none anywhere in the world. Mumbai meri jaan!!! :idhitit:
Totally agree with you...

I live in Chembur now for the past 5 years but since I was born I've lived at Dadar Parsi Colony for about 12 years and also Powai for about 6 years.

I teach in Institute of Distance Education at our University in a part time basis, basically during the evenings. And, also do a bit of teaching for distance education department of Annamalai University (Tamilnadu) which has a branch in Mumbai.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Totally agree with you...

I live in Chembur now for the past 5 years but since I was born I've lived at Dadar Parsi Colony for about 12 years and also Powai for about 6 years.

I teach in Institute of Distance Education at our University in a part time basis, basically during the evenings. And, also do a bit of teaching for distance education department of Annamalai University (Tamilnadu) which has a branch in Mumbai.
Nice! I have folks that live at Diamond Garden, and an apartment not to far away from Chembur on Cadel road at Dadar. Traffic at Chembur is a mumpin' snarl these days though, especially after they've started work on the mono-rail. Although I like the new interlocking roads they're building in Chembur- and in the rest of the city....not good for the tires, but atleast the roads wear slower.

Good on you for teaching distance ed at two universities. I attended the infamous Mithibhai College :D at VP- did my commerce and economics at NMCCE. Loved every bit of my experience at college, especially the inter-college festivals, the hot gujarati chix, and the variety of lip-smacking savouries you'd get outside :35:. I wonder if they're still as good as they used to be?

As you can guess I'm from the heart of Maratha country (close to Shivaji park) and a proud, thoroughbred Marratha to boot. I'm glad to have a fellow marratha here :) God bless our lion King Shivaji Maharaj, our beautiful state and our beloved country.

Jaan Hindostaan!! Jai Maharashtra!

Keep postin' brothaman,
Rage

EnlightenedMonk

Nice! I have folks that live at Diamond Garden, and an apartment not to far away from Chembur on Cadel road at Dadar. Traffic at Chembur is a mumpin' snarl these days though, especially after they've started work on the mono-rail. Although I like the new interlocking roads they're building in Chembur- and in the rest of the city....not good for the tires, but atleast the roads wear slower.

Good on you for teaching distance ed at two universities. I attended the infamous Mithibhai College :D at VP- did my commerce and economics at NMCCE. Loved every bit of my experience at college, especially the inter-college festivals, the hot gujarati chix, and the variety of lip-smacking savouries you'd get outside :35:. I wonder if they're still as good as they used to be?

As you can guess I'm from the heart of Maratha country (close to Shivaji park) and a proud, thoroughbred Marratha to boot. I'm glad to have a fellow marratha here :) God bless our lion King Shivaji Maharaj, our beautiful state and our beloved country.

Keep postin' brothaman,
Rage
Hehehehehe.... I'm not exactly a Maratha, but I'm a Maharashtrian... was born here, in fact, most of my family for the past 3 generations was born here in Mumbai... so, I'm more of a Maharashtrian than the language I speak at home (Tamil)....

I've been to Tamil Nadu once and could never connect to those people. Being here all these years has made my culture like Maharashtrians. The only thing I share in common with them now is language (which I'm not very good with unfortunately)

So, Long live Shivaji Maharaj..... I'm not leaving Maharashtra at any cost... Cheers !!!

EnlightenedMonk

Keep postin' brothaman,
Rage
Also, how did you forget ??? Long live SACHIN TENDULKAR !!! The greatest Batsman of the generation !!!

Rage

DFI TEAM
Also, how did you forget ??? Long live SACHIN TENDULKAR !!! The greatest Batsman of the generation !!!
Ofcourse, how could I forget! Long live the master-blaster!!

163 not out yesterday of 133 balls, the man is a mumpin' legend!!

EnlightenedMonk

Ofcourse, how could I forget! Long live the master-blaster!!

163 not out yesterday of 133 balls, the man is a mumpin' legend!!
He was retired hurt... I hope it isn't anything serious....

Rage

DFI TEAM
He was retired hurt... I hope it isn't anything serious....
Seems as though it was, righ' pull on the stomach muscle too....ouch!

The wise thing would be to rest him for the next game now that our lead is unassailable.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
hi Gokul it seems that you are going to be amongst the top posters in no long time.

EnlightenedMonk

Seems as though it was, righ' pull on the stomach muscle too....ouch!

The wise thing would be to rest him for the next game now that our lead is unassailable.
Ah... am glad it isn't anything serious... We can afford Sachin out for a couple of games... NOT for a couple of months!!!

God speed....

EnlightenedMonk

hi Gokul it seems that you are going to be amongst the top posters in no long time.
Hi Payeng... Please don't flatter me... I'm just an average chap. Just try to give in my 2 paise wherever possible and make a positive contribution wherever necessary....

Cheers !!! :D:D:D:D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles