Abdul Kader Mullah gets life sentence for war crimes in Bangladesh

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
A war crimes tribunal in Bangladesh has found a leader of the main Islamist party guilty of crimes against humanity during the war for independence from Pakistan in 1971.

Abdul Kader Mullah of Jamaat-e-Islami, who denied all the charges, was sentenced to life in prison.

Official estimates say more than three million people were killed in the war.

VIDEO in the link

BBC News - Abdul Kader Mullah gets life sentence for war crimes

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sheikh Hasina is showing the will to punish the perpetrators of 1971 war crimes who are now leaders of Islamist parties in Bangladesh. Good Job!!!.

I hope Pakistani Army is also brought to justice for their crimes.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Kissinger should be the one hanged. The bastard knew well what was happening and allowed it.
I'm not going to "Like" your comment, but I'm not going to object to it either.

It will take a stout rope, however.

Novice

It's too late for the blame game, isn't it? Besides who says Henry is culpable. Anything and everything that happened then was not a unanimous decision. I have been given to understand that there was a big drift between the two. President Nixon had a camera set up to record all conversations as evidence. Henry on the other hand may have had something else on mind. This can best be debated by someone who has seen and understood the time and not merely by reading history. That was a bad phase in Indo-US relations and we took the brunt. Hope that doesn't happen again.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
You are a fair man. Most times.
If not most times fair, I try to be patient. I think Kissinger deserves an eternity in Hell, screaming in pain as he is perpetually buggered by an enormous demon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles