A Request and A Warning : Please don't copy our content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Guests and Members,

It has come to our notice, our content is being replicated on another fora.

We request those who are doing whether inadvertently or inadvertently that it is against the law. We urge them to cease and desist from doing so.

We are also giving a public warning, as required, to those website owners hosting plagiarized content to immediately take down all copied content forthwith. Failure to comply will result in us taking appropriate measures.

Regards
DFI Staff

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Could an exception be made for some of the jokes? :-D

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Jokes are fine I guess.

But some members and guests are copying the thread titles and unique content within and posting on other foras. This is directed at them and the owners of those fora who encourage such plagiarizing/stealing of contents.

JayATL

really, 99% of forums like these copy articles off other sources . 99.99% of threads here are copy and paste of articles journalist have taken time to write for their publications and gets pasted not just here ,but every forum that engages in hot topics.

what kind of articles are you guys claiming that are being copied that is beyond the pale or are infringements? I just found the thread a bit weird.

Param

Can someone post a screen shot of such plagiarized stuff?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Jay, due credit is given to articles sourced which starts or assists in debates/discussion. But the individual members posts is property of DFI and for its own members. Other forums are free to link us as source for any content they use from DFI.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We don't need to provide screen shots and give content thieves any publicity.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
really, 99% of forums like these copy articles off other sources . 99.99% of threads here are copy and paste of articles journalist have taken time to write for their publications and gets pasted not just here ,but every forum that engages in hot topics.

what kind of articles are you guys claiming that are being copied that is beyond the pale or are infringements? I just found the thread a bit weird.
The content plagiarized we are talking about is unique to DFI. So we protect it.

Many of us here do copy paste many articles but we leave a link to the source. And if some one asks us to take it down, we take it down. As simple as that.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It is also copy of right of the person who is posting it, provided it is from his own mind.

JayATL

Jay, due credit is given to articles sourced which starts or assists in debates/discussion. But the individual members posts is property of DFI and for its own members. Other forums are free to link us as source for any content they use from DFI.

I for one can only think about blogs written by members falling under that category, nothing else. everything else is opinion that can be shared. Many of our posts are opinions transposed -that have been brought up previously.

The only one that claim such claims on opinion is me! I see my postings used elsewhere for its sure brilliancy in critical thinking as copyright infringements- but I'm having a tough time thinking of anyone else here that claim such infringement. example would be great ....

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Depends. When is plagiarism allowed, when is it liable. That is not for us to decide.

Unique threads / posts / content which are replicated as it is, is an infringement of our copyright. It is upto the competent authorities to decide.

Can someone post a screen shot of such plagiarized stuff?
We don't need to publicize it, it is for the appropriate authorities to handle. As is required we have given a public warning, our job is done.

yes hume bhi pata chale, kon maha-puruh ha?????
Der hai andher nahi

It is also copy of right of the person who is posting it, provided it is from his own mind.
Since we are the content host, therefore it is also our prerogative to ensure the content is not plagiarized.

I for one can only think about blogs written by members falling under that category, nothing else. everything else is opinion that can be shared. Many of our posts are opinions transposed -that have been brought up previously.

The only one that claim such claims on opinion is me! I see my postings used elsewhere for its sure brilliancy in critical thinking as copyright infringements- but I'm having a tough time thinking of anyone else here that claim such infringement. example would be great ....
I suggest you read up on American copyright laws esp the ones made effective in late 90s.

====

This thread was meant as a warning, and as an obligation. We have done our bit, now the ball is in a different court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles