A professor said Chinese way of urbanization is not superior than India.

masterofsea

A professor of central CPC party school said Chinese way of urbanization is not supe
below is the source, but I have enough time to translate it to English.
http://finance.ifeng.com/news/20100514/2186782.shtml

Here I briefly introduce some sapect of Chinese way of urbanization.
Migrant workers work in majir cities and return to home before their are too old to work. Students of colleges and industrial schools will stay, but they will suffer rocket high house price .

what's the problems Indian youth are facing when he/she want to settle down in a city?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
what's the problems Indian youth are facing when he/she want to settle down in a city?
Our real-estate model is similar. Developers acquire land at key locations, use local labour, and construct. Our town-planners are expansionist. If they find there are too many residential blocks concentrated in one part of the city (bad for water-supply and traffic), then they will push the local administration to recognize areas surrounding the city (usually villages) as new areas, will build self-contained residential areas there, set up some means of transit to the "interior" city (new roads, using metro rail, local trains, new bus routes). That sort of cools down property prices. In interior cities, property prices are very inconsistent and tend to skyrocket and fall. Buying houses in new settlements on the periphery of the city will have the usual problem of lack of amenities, long transits, etc.

amoy

I read this article but didnt see any ground for comparison who's superior (China vs. Brazil or India). This professor probably just intends to reinforce his point - hey China's way of urbanization can't be sustained.

By the way I do have great doubt about what's alleged in the report -
Brazilians living in slums, despite low pay, enjoys basic public services / welfare- education, medicare and unemployment relief, and are under the city management
生活在"贫民窟"çš„人,白天在城里工作,收入总体不高,但同样享受国家提供的基本公共教育、医疗和失业救济等福利保障,并且接受城市的管理。

Is this professor painting a Utopian role model for China ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles