A Letter to the Prime Minister

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Blackmailing the government through strike has become a common phenomena and nobody lagging in this race. Hospital, airport, transport, banking- we have already seen how people suffer in several instances. Sometimes I wonder what difference these blackmailers have with those who hijack a plane and threat the government to bomb it for non-fulfillment of their demands. Especially strike by the government employees is like a dirty joke owing to their high pay scale and poor work culture. These things are to be taken with very strict hand and offenders must be punished as per with the traitors. In a democracy everyone has the Right to protest but that must not be going against national interest. I remember how Jayalalita once brought back government employees to work who were in strike in Tamil Nadu by threatening to impose ESMA.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Dear Prime Minister,

For development of any country peace, security and stability are very important. Our Defense forces and paramilitary forces are doing a commendable job in maintaining peace. We have fought 4 wars with Pakistan and one with China. We lost thousands of our defense personnel who made the supreme sacrifice defending their motherland. Now we are facing a proxy war in J & K and in North East. Each day one or two member of our armed force or paramilitary force is making the supreme sacrifice while fighting the terrorists.

War memorial is an issue close to the heart of every Indian. Our future generation must know about our War heroes and the heroics they did while defending their motherland. But how can they do that when there is no War Memorial? We have India gate as a War memorial but that was built by British. Public money is misused for building statues. But there is infighting going on between Ministry of Defense and ministry of Urban development about the proposed War Memorial. I will request you to intervene and sanction the money so that we can immediately start work on the War Memorial. I will also request Ministry of Defense to start a website on War heroes of India. Sacrifice of our martyrs will inspire future generation to join defense forces. Just paying homage at Amar Jawan jyoti on 15th of august and 26th of January is not enough. We need to do much more for our defense forces.

Politicians never miss a chance to take credit of the achievement of our defense forces. But they forgot our defense forces never fight for any party they fight to protect their motherland. It is a national shame that we do not have a war memorial after 5 wars. Recently there is lot of controversies regarding celebration of Vijay Diwas which is celebrated for our victory over Pakistani intruders in Kargil. A shameless Congress MP said why we should celebrate Vijay Diwas it is BJP’s Victory. Mr. Prime Minister I wonder why he was not sacked? The Defense minister did not have time to go to Drass and felicitates the family members of the Kargil martyrs. The reason being he will get more publicity by showing up at ATV launch.

The warning bells are ringing. Young Indians are less inclined to join defense forces. We are facing shortage of officers in army, premature retirement of fighter pilots in IAF. It is not about money. Young Indian has a feeling once they got killed in a conflict nobody will think about his/her family. The government will provide few lakh rupees as compensation and a state funeral. Then on every 15th august and 26th January Prime Minister of India will pay homage at Amar Jawan Jyoti on behalf of the nation. How many Indians even know about those thousand of Jawans (soldiers) who get martyrdom? Our media only talk about officers. I am not denying that our officers always lead from the front or undermining their sacrifice. We will never face any shortage of Jawans because they do not have much option. They need employment and they have minimum qualification. Our government is yet to implement one rank one pension.

Mr. Prime Minister if we fail to address these issues quickly we will see a depleting force level in coming years. I hope to see some action taken sooner than later.

marcos

One more inportant thing we should care about is our low productivity in agricultural sector. Somewhere I read if properly utilised Indian plane can produce enough crops to feed the whole world. Unfortunately, due to our low productivity it has become a threat whether we will be able to feed our own population (which is increasing with an alarming rate) in future. Beside that India is also concentrating on manufacturing sectores and more industrialisation means more pressure on agricultural land. Even if we go ahead with best of the plans we will have to sacrifice some part of our fertile land. If we do not concentrate on increasing our productivity , problem will be critical in future.

It is said modern machines can not be used here , in most of the places as land is divided in small pieces among small peasants. And small peasants can not afford that too. I think the concept of 'comunity farming' will be very help ful in India, provided farrmers are convinced about the benefit of it.It will not only help to increase output, it will bring more prosperity to the rural population.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Just showing in a TV channel:

Goons while collecting 'hafta' from the shop keepers shot a one and half years old kid named Arman. The poor child on spot. After that exiceted mob caught the killer, a known anti-social named Birju and handed over to police. It took place in Indore.

In another incidents goons who were forcefully collecting money stopping on going cars killed a newborn baby (of two days) by trashing him on road when his parents refused to pay to the goons. An incident from Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. Here also local people woke up from their slumber and chased the goons and caught on of them.

God knows when Authoritis will do something to curb this "dadagiri" before they become too bold to do such things...

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The Stern Diplomatic Langueage Should have been made earlier

Krishna condemns Indian's murder in Australia

Strongly condemning the "brutal" killing of an Indian student in Melbourne, India has asked Australia to bring to book those responsible for the crime and said such incidents could have a "bearing" on bilateral ties.

"The brutal attack on the Indian student is strongly condemnable. I call on the Australian authorities to speedily bring to book persons responsible for the crime," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna told reporters in Bangalore.

He said the Australian government should realise that India is a vibrant democracy and such attacks were making the public opinion "polarised".

Krishna said Australian authorities should take note of the "deep anger" being caused by such incidents and the "bearing" they could have on bilateral ties.

My comments in our letter to the PM :

the anger of the Indian people both at home and NRI's abroad should have been conveyed earler to the Australian Govt. In particular the couldn't care lass attitude of the police Commisioner of the State of Melbourne should not have been tolerated and given a stern reaction

None of this was done until now when at leat 3 indians have been killed.

this still gives the impression with foreigners that Indian can be toyed with until a late stage ....the Pm must ensure that this poor image cannot continue !!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles