A Deal's Collapse Clouds Pakistan's China Alliance

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
america pays billions to pakistan every year, free money, they don't have to pay it back. yet they get no loyalty

we pay a few million here and there, and some loans, and we get maximum loyalty

who can say this is not good value for money? if india can do this, they will be boasting about how good value it is.

why should we turn down a good deal?

Agreed that China is pretty smart in dealing with Pakistan. I will never fail to appreciate clever stuff.

However, you have got lucky to have remarkably stupid people like the Pakistanis to deal with. This wouldn't work with most other countries.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
This kind of wishful thinking can never help india's strategic planning.
So far, the top priority in Sino-Pak relationship is india, not economic motivation or any other political factor.
I thought it was shared culture(both date back 10,00000 years), technology sharing and mutual affinity....
Is it just a common enemy?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, it only goes to show that China has no balls! This does not bode well for its alliance formation efforts. This sissiness only displays to the World how unreliable China will be as a strategic ally. The West has shown its fair share of unreliability but not in the extent that China is showing us now.

SEA will definitely not going to be a willing ally of China.
There is rumblings on in another great ally of China - Myanmar!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is doing well with Pakistan.

However, one wonders why Pakistan is allowing homegrown Islamists to shaft China in Xinjiang!

They are also going gung ho to make life hell for the Chinese working in Pakistan, for Pakistan's own good and of course for China's good too!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
what is the point of putting these videos up if we can't even understand them

anyone have a translation or a video with subtitles?
Even if translation or a video subtitles are available your Government will block it as the Pakistan journalist has exposed the truth about the so called higher than mountain friendship. In essence he has stated that China has pledged only $1.25 million compared to $300 million by USA. In the video he also states that Chinese delegation was pressured to come to Pakistan for public consumption otherwise it is going to create negative image of terrorist promoting Government of Pakistan. I know it is hard for you to digest what I have stated but I am going to stand by it.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The interviewee is a well known Pakistani journalist. He is being asked about all this hoopla of "Chinese investments" in Pakistan.

I think the substance of what he said is important enough to translate and present here.

In general, he laughed off the hype around "Chinese investment in Pakistan". He says, in his own words:

So guys, this is the real nature of Pakistan-China "friendship". We still have several deluded Pakistanis who enjoy sucking Chinese. Suits me fine - let them stay in their land of dreams and false hope forever.
I did not read your post before I posted giving the highlights of TV interview. Thank you for clearing the misconception to our Chinese brothers and hope some Pakistani's will also read it than they will deny the essence of interview. I wish both the nation its people all the best and dreams of la-la land.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
China is doing well with Pakistan.

However, one wonders why Pakistan is allowing homegrown Islamists to shaft China in Xinjiang!

They are also going gung ho to make life hell for the Chinese working in Pakistan, for Pakistan's own good and of course for China's good too!
They like to sow the seeds of their demise time and time again. What can we expect when the public in general is bombarded with hatred towards others. Even the educated guys in west keep weaving their own web of self destruction. As you might have heard of a recent arrest in USA of Pakistani national Engineer.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
This kind of wishful thinking can never help india's strategic planning.
So far, the top priority in Sino-Pak relationship is india, not economic motivation or any other political factor.
Our priority in Indo-USA-SCS nations is to give it back to you what you have been doing to us. Time is up buddy. I think your leadership has started to realize the ground reality and in time will back off from any misadventure.

Tianshan

Even if translation or a video subtitles are available your Government will block it as the Pakistan journalist has exposed the truth about the so called higher than mountain friendship. In essence he has stated that China has pledged only $1.25 million compared to $300 million by USA. In the video he also states that Chinese delegation was pressured to come to Pakistan for public consumption otherwise it is going to create negative image of terrorist promoting Government of Pakistan. I know it is hard for you to digest what I have stated but I am going to stand by it.
sorry, i cannot read your post. it has been blocked by my government. =(

haha seriously though, that pakistani jonalist has very "contrarian" views.

global polls show that pakistani favor china more than any other country. even though we give far less money than usa does.

Galaxy

Country flag

global polls show that pakistani favor china more than any other country. even though we give far less money than usa does.
Why to give hard cash when merely few words like "Deeper than sea and taller than mountains" are more than enough ?:pound:

Tianshan

Why to give hard cash when merely few words like "Deeper than sea and taller than mountains" are more than enough ?:pound:
see, we are getting better value for money than america is getting.

america gives billions every year to pakistan, free money, they don't have to pay it back.

pakistani then use this money to buy chinese missiles and weapons.

america funds china too (indirect) from trade and investment, hundreds of billions a year. why should we complain

why should we turn down these good deals? if pakistan values friendship more than money, then why complain.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

Both the Government (China and Pakistan) release different news for their citizens than what the facts are. The same journalist showed in the video that the local newspapers have published the numbers as high as $36 Billion worth of deals made with China, which turned out to be false once asked for the documents to be shown.

This is the price of slavery under your system, it is same either in China or Pakistan. I would also include your other crutch North Korea. I said this because you are going to need two crutches one under each arm after your any misadventure in SCS.

Tianshan

Both the Government (China and Pakistan) release different news for their citizens than what the facts are. The same journalist showed in the video that the local newspapers have published the numbers as high as $36 Billion worth of deals made with China, which turned out to be false once asked for the documents to be shown.

This is the price of slavery under your system, it is same either in China or Pakistan. I would also include your other crutch North Korea. I said this because you are going to need two crutches one under each arm after your any misadventure in SCS.
oh dear, you think we are slaves?

please help to save us from slavery, so we can go to indian paradise!

sorry, i prefer to live in china rather than india.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In the position of a rising power with growing influence - but little responsibility as a still marginal player - it can afford to ride the coattails of the established world order while being sufficiently disruptive enough to degrade the control of the current powers-that-be. Therefore China continues to present a friendly face to those regimes which are out of favor with the west, knowing that this will play well with the inevitable resentment against the current order. At the same time knowing that its actions or policies are not going to change much, so that nothing upsets the stability that Chinese economic growth is predicated upon.

Think Pakistan. Does anybody seriously think that China can keep that country afloat in the way that the US has, or that it even wants to? Can China stump up the billions of dollars every year, or provide the trade deals , or can Chinese military hardware match the muscle of Amercian arms? I believe that the Chinese thinking goes that since the answer to this question is no, then there is little harm in giving what it can to Pakistan, knowing that this will give it disproportionate influence with that country, especially as nothing much is required in return but to sing the praises of China.
Comments on Pakistan and China: Sweet as can be? | The Economist
China has helped Pakistan in economic terms, but to the best of my knowledge, China has never bailed out Pakistan with hard cash.

Please let us know if indeed China has ever given assistance by the way of hard cash.

Pakistan survives on financial doles from the US and Saudi Arabia.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Notwithstanding whether your Govt blocks the TV coverage or not, since you are on DFI, the essence of what Najam Sethi who is a Pakistani editor of repute is saying is that the Chinese businessmen who accompanied the Chinese PM to India and Pakistan, actually came to sign contracts with India and not with Pakistan.

Just to save Pakistan's 'face', after much brouhaha from the Pakistani govt, the Chinese PM signed MOUs which in actuality means nothing except an indication of intent that would or would not be followed up! In other words, it was a whole lot of hot air.

That is what Najam Sethi, the Pakistani editor of repute, had to say!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
oh dear, you think we are slaves?

please help to save us from slavery, so we can go to indian paradise!

sorry, i prefer to live in china rather than india.
What makes you think that people enjoy the same kind of freedom as we do in India or the Western democratic world?

I prefer that you live in China too. There is no room for individuals like you anywhere else on the planet earth.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles