500th Pakistani to get liver transplant in India returns home -

Sea Eagle

Two-year-old Nalain Aziz, who became the 500th Pakistani to receive a liver transplant in India, crossed the Wagah Border and returned to his hometown Lahore on Thursday.
-
Aziz was diagnosed with a rare ailment – biliary atresia – where the liver and intestine lose connection. Babies with this condition develop progressive jaundice and need to undergo a surgery commonly called the Kasai operation.
-
When he was just two months old, Aziz underwent an unsuccessful surgery. After multiple visits to the hospital it was declared that his liver had failed and he needed a transplant. As the surgery is still in its initial stages in Pakistan, Aziz was referred to India. His blood group O-positive matched with his mother who became his donor.
-
With a success rate of over 90 percent, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals created a milestone by becoming the first hospital in India to reach the 500 mark for patients from a single foreign country. Pakistani patients constitute 29 percent of the liver transplants performed at Apollo Hospitals, Delhi.
-
Celebrating the occasion on Wednesday in New Delhi, Prof Subash Gupta, the chief liver transplant surgeon at Apollo Hospitals Delhi, said: "It is a proud moment for us to have completed 500 cases. We feel a sense of accomplishment by the faith and courage shown by our patients, who have travelled such long distances for a liver transplant. It will be our endeavour to further help people from across the border to have access to quality and cost-effective transplantation at our centre."
-
Addressing the press conference, Prof Anupam Sibal, group medical director and senior paediatric gastroenterologist Apollo Hospitals Delhi, said: "We are delighted that we have been able to touch so many lives from across the border. Our experience with so many Pakistani patients and their families has taught us so much about the Pakistani culture and the similarities between our societies. From the time we performed the first successful liver transplant in India in 1998, the Apollo Transplant Programme has performed 1,700 liver transplants in children and adults. Our first recipient remains well 15 years post liver transplant."
-
Aziz was referred to India through a project called "Peace Clinic" where Dr Gupta talks to patients in an online video conversation. The project was initiated by Naved Aslam, a Pakistani who was treated for a heart problem in India.
-
"My ailment needed a very complex surgery which doctors in Pakistan were not able to perform. I travelled to India. The surgery gave me a new life, and so I began connecting patients in Pakistan to Indian doctors," says Aslam.
-
In the next phase, the Ziauddin University Hospital in Karachi, a partner of the Peace Clinic, will receive surgeons from India who will teach the finer details of liver transplant surgeries to Pakistani doctors.
-
Satisfied with the medical treatment his son got in India, Shoaib Nawaz said: "For parents scared of travelling to India for a liver transplant, let me assure them this chance is worth taking."
-

Blackwater

We give life to these pakis and people like zarvan and alpha want to nuke India

Interestingly country who has 120 nukes does not have liver transplant facility in their hospitals😄😄😄

Glint

Country flag

Interestingly country who has 120 nukes does not have liver transplant facility in their hospitals😄😄😄
I thought you know why they don't have hospitals.

here you go. I died outta laughter when i saw that.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Re: 500th Pakistani to get liver transplant in India returns home-

Two-year-old Nalain Aziz, who became the 500th Pakistani to receive a liver transplant in India, crossed the Wagah Border and returned to his hometown Lahore on Thursday.
-
Aziz was diagnosed with a rare ailment – biliary atresia – where the liver and intestine lose connection. Babies with this condition develop progressive jaundice and need to undergo a surgery commonly called the Kasai operation.
-
When he was just two months old, Aziz underwent an unsuccessful surgery. After multiple visits to the hospital it was declared that his liver had failed and he needed a transplant. As the surgery is still in its initial stages in Pakistan, Aziz was referred to India. His blood group O-positive matched with his mother who became his donor.
-
With a success rate of over 90 percent, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals created a milestone by becoming the first hospital in India to reach the 500 mark for patients from a single foreign country. Pakistani patients constitute 29 percent of the liver transplants performed at Apollo Hospitals, Delhi.
-
Celebrating the occasion on Wednesday in New Delhi, Prof Subash Gupta, the chief liver transplant surgeon at Apollo Hospitals Delhi, said: "It is a proud moment for us to have completed 500 cases. We feel a sense of accomplishment by the faith and courage shown by our patients, who have travelled such long distances for a liver transplant. It will be our endeavour to further help people from across the border to have access to quality and cost-effective transplantation at our centre."
Janab, where iz the link? :dude: plis to provide it.
salam.

Neo

Yes, almost as interesting as a country with 90-110 nukes where 600+ million people have no toilet!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Yes, almost as interesting as a country with 90-110 nukes where 600+ million people have no toilet!
Whenever a Paki has no answer he starts "toilet" "poverty" etc about India which is irrelevant to the original topic.

Why the hell are they so obsessed with our toilets???

Seems like Pakis have toilet fetish for sure and their favorite smell of Indian toilets. :lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
On topic... what Pakis need is a BRAIN Transplant on a massive scale. :lol:

Even brain of animals would be ok for them.

Blackwater

but we have hospitals with toilets which treat enemy as human .

how come u have toilets and nukes but no liver transplant hospital?/? may be chini have not given the tech or madrasa dont teach doctori

:laugh::laugh:

for u latest khabar

Over 50 pc Pakistanis living below poverty line :EAC

Over 50 pc Pakistanis living below poverty line :EAC | BUSINESS - geo.tv

16 crore ka mulk to sambhala nahi jata bakwas karne me world record ha:wave::wave:

Last edited:

Blackwater

I thought you know why they don't have hospitals.

here you go. I died outta laughter when i saw that.
specially when he was masturbating (muth mar raha tha):rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

Do you guys realise that with this kind of unlimited trolling you are only hurting DFI's and therefor India's image?
Bravo, good going! :india:

Blackwater

Do you guys realise that with this kind of unlimited trolling you are only hurting DFI's and therefor India's image?
Bravo, good going! :india:
and u made pakistan image next to switzerland:laugh::laugh:

fyodor

Country flag
hahahha pakis really are too much obsessed with where indians go to shit lol!

Mathew George

-
-
-
-
-
Addressing the press conference, Prof Anupam Sibal, group medical director and senior paediatric gastroenterologist Apollo Hospitals Delhi, said: "We are delighted that we have been able to touch so many lives from across the border. Our experience with so many Pakistani patients and their families has taught us so much about the Pakistani culture and the similarities between our societies. From the time we performed the first successful liver transplant in India in 1998, the Apollo Transplant Programme has performed 1,700 liver transplants in children and adults. Our first recipient remains well 15 years post liver transplant."
-
Aziz was referred to India through a project called "Peace Clinic" where Dr Gupta talks to patients in an online video conversation. The project was initiated by Naved Aslam, a Pakistani who was treated for a heart problem in India.
-
"My ailment needed a very complex surgery which doctors in Pakistan were not able to perform. I travelled to India. The surgery gave me a new life, and so I began connecting patients in Pakistan to Indian doctors," says Aslam.
-
In the next phase, the Ziauddin University Hospital in Karachi, a partner of the Peace Clinic, will receive surgeons from India who will teach the finer details of liver transplant surgeries to Pakistani doctors.
-
Satisfied with the medical treatment his son got in India, Shoaib Nawaz said: "For parents scared of travelling to India for a liver transplant, let me assure them this chance is worth taking."
-
India has the best Medical Institutions to cure such kind of health complexities.No matter what race, caste, religion or country..we do our best to protect life. I had liver transplantation case which was done at Aster Medcity, Kerala. They are excellent in this field.This is the link for their multi-organ transplant department.Hope it will help someone in need.http://astermedcity.com/CentresOfExcellence/Multi-OrganTransplant

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles