5 including andhra CM killed in helicopter crash.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
RIP. People this thread is not discuss the machine and promote others.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
RIP to the dead.

I heard on the news channel that the helicopter wasn't maintained very well and hadn't been used in 3 or 4 years?

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Again it is proved we never learnt our lesson from past chopper crashes. It is really sad and a shocking moment for YSR family. But sadly nobody is taking about the other 4 co passenger. My prayers with the family of those 4 co passenger who are also with YSR.

Pintu

Rest in Peace , Dr. Reddy, We pray to almighty to give strength to your family to overcome the period of Trauma. I also pray for the 4 co passengers of Dr. Reddy , may their souls rest in peace.

Pintu

Union Cabinet hails YSR - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Union Cabinet hails YSR
TNN 4 September 2009, 04:20am IST

NEW DELHI: Hailing him as an eminent leader and an astute administrator who brought tremendous development to Andhra Pradesh, the Union Cabinet on Thursday condoled the death of Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and announced a "state funeral" for him.

"The national flag will fly at half mast in Delhi and all state capitals today (Thursday) and tomorrow and all central government offices in Andhra Pradesh will remain closed tomorrow," information and broadcasting minister Ambika Soni told reporters after the Cabinet meeting.

Meanwhile, anticipating huge attendance of VIPs and public during YSR's cremation, the Centre will mobilise 1,600 paramilitary personnel to assist state police in security arrangements.

About 200 personnel will be deployed at the cremation site to help the state police manage law and order. The remaining will be stationed in Hyderabad to man the area around the L B Shastri stadium where Reddy's body will be kept for the public to pay their respects before it is taken to his native village at Pulivendula in Cuddapah for final rites.

The Cabinet meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, adopted a resolution highlighting various welfare schemes implemented by Reddy during his first tenure as CM. The Cabinet also observed two minutes silence in Reddy's memory.

"He gave a new thrust to the women's self-help group movement and made Andhra Pradesh the leading state in enrolment and empowerment of women," said the resolution.

Describing Reddy, a doctor, as a "natural reformer and moderniser", the resolution said the overwhelming support of the poor and the middle classes as well as those belonging to SC, ST and OBC, ensured his victory in the assembly elections held in May and enabled him a second term in office as chief minister.

ZOOM

Founding Member
Very tragic incident indeed. Bad weather condition may have been a caused of crash, else the Helicopter which was carrying AP CM YSR was certainly airworthy. My tribute to all the soul who lost their life in this incident. May god give their families and loved ones a courage to face such a great loss.

raghavi

nope.K.Rossaih announced that it wasnt the fault of chopper or pilot . it was due to bad whether , a thick fog leading the chopper to crash with a hill in rudrakota . and the chopper ,crash landed leading the bodies in pieces . post mortem was heldin kurnool and then it was brought to hyderabad.

May YSR and his companians souls rest in peace .

bhramos

Country flag
this was not his Regular chopper, but different one,
the orginal one went rebrushment or servicing which had very high tech devices and protection,
this was another the AP Govt.
it was less advance then the orginal one.

May his soul Rest In Peace, to YSR.

tharikiran

Country flag
clearly a case of bad weather. One of the pilots was having over 5000 hours of flying time.
If the pilot had taken a right he would have had plain fields.But he took a left and went into the mountain ranges.The reason he didn't take a right would be , pilot just couldn't see anything.And may be area on the left was visible. He had clear guidelines to follow terrain. He couldn't move into or above the clouds. He did ask for permission to move to 5000 feet but by then it was too late.

jaganpjames

67 YSR fans die of shock, son appeals for restraint - India - NEWS - The Times of India

More than 60 people across Andhra Pradesh have died of shock or committed suicide after the death of their chief minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy, prompting his MP son Y S Jaganmohan Reddy to appeal to his late father's admirers to be patient and brave.

"I appeal to all of you to be patient and be brave in this hour of tragedy. He (YSR) wanted to see a smile on the faces of all and if you resort to such things (suicide) this will hurt him," said Jaganmohan, trying to hard to control his tears.

"I request you not to commit suicide," said Jaganmohan, who was elected to Lok Sabha from Kadapa in recent elections and is being seen by many as the next chief minister. The appeal before the camera was telecast on all Telugu television channels.

Telugu television channels estimated that 67 people died of shock on hearing the news of their leader's death in a horrific air crash Thursday or committed suicide, unable to bear the loss. Most of those who died of shock were watching news of YSR's death on television.

This is the first time in the state's history that such a large number of people have died over the death of any political leader.

YSR, as the late leader was popularly known, has surpassed in death the popularity of actor and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder N.T. Rama Rao who died in 1996.

A large number of those who died of shock included young supporters of YSR and the beneficiaries of the various welfare schemes launched by him in the last five years. They suffered a cardiac arrest following the news of the chief minister's death in the helicopter crash.

The deaths were reported from 19 out of 23 districts in the state. In the coastal district of West Godavari, six people died of shock and four committed suicide.

"YSR dedicated his life to people, I am dedicating my life to him," a youth wrote in his suicide note before consuming pesticide.

A physically handicapped couple, who were getting monthly pension under a welfare scheme, attempted suicide by jumping into the Godavari river but were saved by fishermen.

In Hyderabad, 42-year-old Yadgiri died of shock while watching news of YSR's death on television. M. Srinivas, 30, suffered cardiac arrest.

The charred bodies of YSR and four others were found Friday morning in Nallamala forest in Kurnool district, almost 24 hours after their helicopter went missing.

bhramos

Country flag
james atpresent toll is at near 100 cases of death,
as i'm from andhra the situation is clear and live.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^^That is mind-boggling, people dying of shock.

bhramos

Country flag
shock means heart attacks
but some even comiting suicides too

bhramos

Country flag
atpresent toll has gone too 139 deaths in a state,
and i feel this is the highest toll of death caused by shocks
and highest death toll rate for the cause of death of a politician.

bhramos

Country flag
atpresent toll has gone too 139 deaths in a state,
and i feel this is the highest toll of death caused by shocks
and highest death toll rate for the cause of death of a politician.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles