3 Tibetans Commit Self-Immolation In China Protesting Against China

amoy

Re: 3 Tibetans Commit Self-Immolation In China Protesting Against Chin

That again points to the fact that how much your news papers and media twist the facts to serve you at your breakfast.

The joke is on you.
you will die laughin without even knowing what you are laughin at.
Not knowing? u r making yourself a laughing stock.

Indira Gandhi was killed by her Sikh guards after assaulting the "Golden Temple" and killing Sikh leaders. Another Gandhi, Rajeeev was blasted by a Tamil suicide bomber. U really think the outside world has no ideas abt your "skeletons in the cupboard"?! Not to mention your daily oppression in Kashmir or NE states who yearn for freedom.

Dont try to fool the world around with your pious platitude as if others wwere ill informed!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ice berg

That again points to the fact that how much your news papers and media twist the facts to serve you at your breakfast.

The joke is on you.
you will die laughin without even knowing what you are laughin at.
The joke is on you, son. You have no idea what newspapers and media I have access to. :lol:

sorcerer

Country flag

Not knowing? u r making yourself a laughing stock.

Indira Gandhi was killed by her Sikh guard after assaulting the "Golden Temple" and killing Sikh leaders. Another Gandhi, Rajeeev was blasted by a Tamil suicide bomber. U really think the outside world has no ideas abt your "skeltons in the cupboard"?! Not to mention your daily oppression in Kashmir or NE states who yearn for freedom.

Dont try to fool the world around as if others wwere ill informed!

Haha...You are telling me facts thats veryyy old...Is that your BREAKING NEWS?
We have moved out from that era to an era of cooperation and coexistance.

Is LAUGHING and JOKE the WORD OF THE DAY for Chinese?

sorcerer

Country flag

The joke is on you, son. You have no idea what newspapers and media I have access to. :lol:
No..I dont want access to your news paper. When I need fiction..I read quality novels from some real good authors.

ice berg

Whatever..they want you out of there.
Again Joke is on you,
BTW..isnt Tibet a banned keyword inside the Great wall of China?
You are the joke here.

Self-immolation in Tibet: The burning issue | The Economist
The Dalai Lama provides cover for this, since, as he reiterated in the Hindu interview, he himself sees "autonomy" under Chinese sovereignty—rather than Tibetan independence—as the only solution.

Shows your ignorance. Unlike a troll like you. I can prove my points. You , on the other hand make up stuff along you go.

drkrn

I must agree with you, Buddhism has done so much damage to China in the Chinese History. The monks do not work for a day in their life, pay no taxes, and base their living as biggest land lords. They instill pessimism into the original more progressive Chinese culture. They told the Chinese not to fight the mongol and helped Mongol to justify their slaughters and massacre. Buddhism have done great job helping nomads invader securing their rule to abuse the natives.

Another point I want to bring is most of modern Chinese Buddhists are basically idol worshiper, they have never read any religious classic and yet they call themselves Buddhists, how funny.
yes Buddhism even did a lot of bad things to world too.spreading all over the world they did spread peace and harmony.
teaching science and medicine to uncivilized worlds.
yes they did a lot bad by preaching all persons to give up desires causing a loss of business to alcoholics,starting deadly martial arts and now its used as a weapon of mass destruction.what else not.we have to condemn Buddhism

sorcerer

Country flag

Okay..,here is your hello world program
censorship.

The document presents a list of Chinese state television (China Central TV, CCTV or 中国中央电视台) website censorship keywords. This list was current at the time of writing.

Use of these keywords in postings automatically triggers human intervention.

Most of this long list is in Chinese, however there are also some English or Latin-character words present, centering on the Falun Gong meditation movement, Tibet, political leaders, democracy movements (6.4 / 89), and, somewhat cynically, CCTV itself. It also includes a number of other content predictors, such as "www", "http", "IP", and "ne how ma" (marking a latinization of Chinese which would otherwise evade the filter).

Arms
Brothers
Brothers in Arms
BrothersinArms
CCTV
cctv
CCTV-5
cctv-5
chao
FALUN
falun
Falun
Falun Gong
FalunGong
Free Tibet
FreeTibet
----
Gong
http
IP
jiangzemin
JIANZEMIN
LIHONGZH
LIHONGZHI
lihongzhi
LIPENG
ni how ma
nihowma
Power to the Falun Gong
PowertotheFalunGong
Resistance
SB
sb
shit
sky
the Underground Resistance
theUndergroundResistance
Tibet
TIBET
tibet
TMD
tmd
Underground
XJG351
News - Latest breaking UK news - Telegraph

The pacifist spiritual leader pursues a "middle way" policy of calling for Tibetan autonomy within China. His younger followers demand independence.
On Sunday, the Dalai Lama denounced a Chinese "rule of terror" but insisted that China deserves to host the Olympics.
"China does not deserve to host the Olympics. It's evident that they do not deserve the Olympics," said Tsewang Rigzin, the leader of the Tibetan Youth Congress, at Dharamshala yesterday.
The town, in the Indian Himalayas, is home to the Dalai Lama's government in exile. Many of the younger exiles were born after their parents fled Tibet about 50 years ago and have never seen their homeland.
Tibet is more than one person.

sorcerer

Country flag

Okay..,here is your hello world program
censorship.

The document presents a list of Chinese state television (China Central TV, CCTV or 中国中央电视台) website censorship keywords. This list was current at the time of writing.

Use of these keywords in postings automatically triggers human intervention.

Most of this long list is in Chinese, however there are also some English or Latin-character words present, centering on the Falun Gong meditation movement, Tibet, political leaders, democracy movements (6.4 / 89), and, somewhat cynically, CCTV itself. It also includes a number of other content predictors, such as "www", "http", "IP", and "ne how ma" (marking a latinization of Chinese which would otherwise evade the filter).

Arms
Brothers
Brothers in Arms
BrothersinArms
CCTV
cctv
CCTV-5
cctv-5
chao
FALUN
falun
Falun
Falun Gong
FalunGong
Free Tibet
FreeTibet
----
Gong
http
IP
jiangzemin
JIANZEMIN
LIHONGZH
LIHONGZHI
lihongzhi
LIPENG
ni how ma
nihowma
Power to the Falun Gong
PowertotheFalunGong
Resistance
SB
sb
shit
sky
the Underground Resistance
theUndergroundResistance
Tibet
TIBET
tibet
TMD
tmd
Underground
XJG351
News - Latest breaking UK news - Telegraph

The pacifist spiritual leader pursues a "middle way" policy of calling for Tibetan autonomy within China. His younger followers demand independence.
On Sunday, the Dalai Lama denounced a Chinese "rule of terror" but insisted that China deserves to host the Olympics.
"China does not deserve to host the Olympics. It's evident that they do not deserve the Olympics," said Tsewang Rigzin, the leader of the Tibetan Youth Congress, at Dharamshala yesterday.
The town, in the Indian Himalayas, is home to the Dalai Lama's government in exile. Many of the younger exiles were born after their parents fled Tibet about 50 years ago and have never seen their homeland.
Tibet is more than one person.

amoy

Haha...You are telling me facts thats veryyy old...Is that your BREAKING NEWS?
We have moved out from that era to an era of cooperation and coexistance.

Is LAUGHING and JOKE the WORD OF THE DAY for Chinese?
very old? hn I appreciate your pious platitude as if India were a harmonious wonderland!?

how many states on earth hav had two leaders got assassinated by killers frm different ethnic backgrounds? both with Gandhi surname, and now Rahul on the queue.

now no more communal violence? Hindu demolishing mosques all bygones? Arent protests in Kashmir and NE a rountine against India atrocities?

I dont bother to offer links but leave the task for u.

sorcerer

Country flag

very old? hn I appreciate your pious platitude as if India were a harmonious wonderland!?
India is a country with internal issues just like any other country.
and we have found and is finding solutions as it comes.

how many states on earth hav had two leaders got assassinated by killers frm different ethnic backgrounds? both with Gandhi surname, and now Rahul on the queue.
Like Chinese, I dont indulge in number games .Cuz that is not the crux of the problem or a solution.
Gandhi Surnam,,isnt it obvious..If you know a bit of Indian History..you already know the answer.

now no more communal violence? Hindu demolishing mosques all bygones? Arent protests in Kashmir and NE a rountine against India atrocities?
Communal violence doesnt
But these are internal issues and communal issues which are amicably settled or handled.

This can never be compared with what is happening Tibet.

mikhail

Country flag

First sentence of your reply is a personal attack direct against another member instead of replying to other's post. So this is a way for you to make an argument, and this is how Indian teach debate an University? What an advance civilization.
ahh mate don't you worry about my education.i am more than capable of teaching history in the Beijing university if they allow me to do that!and secondly the above post was in reply to your previous post which i found to be pretty offensive and as a matter of fact i wrote the truth as most of you chinis are atheists and hence i have all the rights in the world to call you a Godless human being as your kind don't believe in divine power!

nimo_cn

Country flag

ahh mate don't you worry about my education.i am more than capable of teaching history in the Beijing university if they allow me to do that!and secondly the above post was in reply to your previous post which i found to be pretty offensive and as a matter of fact i wrote the truth as most of you chinis are atheists and hence i have all the rights in the world to call you a Godless human being as your kind don't believe in divine power!
Beijing University is hiring history teacher across the world, you should apply for that job, I was told the salary is good.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

mylegend

Is this the ad hominem?
I was not refering to that comment, i was referinging to intentionally miss interpret my statement to against my own statement. Ad hominem does not have to refer to attack of character.

mylegend

yes Buddhism even did a lot of bad things to world too.spreading all over the world they did spread peace and harmony.
teaching science and medicine to uncivilized worlds.
yes they did a lot bad by preaching all persons to give up desires causing a loss of business to alcoholics,starting deadly martial arts and now its used as a weapon of mass destruction.what else not.we have to condemn Buddhism
Pessimism may be good or bad for individual, but it is surely evil and destructive for civilization and nation. Buddhism is not evil, but the its leader during historic period was, Buddhist temple and monks have corporate with barbarian invaders to increase their influence, it is a fine desire for Buddhist to spread its own faith. However, those traitor forget the all the massacre those barbarians have done to the land and all the misery of those being enslaved, killed, and treated as third class citizens. They also put their faith above the national interest, and forget they are Chinese before they are Buddhists.

Buddhism is not evil, but the effects they cause in Chinese History is negative. Every nation state that adopt Buddhism have grown weak. That is bad because we lived, live and will always live in this world that based on power.

drkrn

Pessimism may be good or bad for individual, but it is surely evil and destructive for civilization and nation. Buddhism is not evil, but the its leader during historic period was, Buddhist temple and monks have corporate with barbarian invaders to increase their influence, it is a fine desire for Buddhist to spread its own faith. However, those traitor forget the all the massacre those barbarians have done to the land and all the misery of those being enslaved, killed, and treated as third class citizens. They also put their faith above the national interest, and forget they are Chinese before they are Buddhists.

Buddhism is not evil, but the effects they cause in Chinese History is negative. Every nation state that adopt Buddhism have grown weak. That is bad because we lived, live and will always live in this world that based on power.
any unbiased(preferably non-Chinese) links supporting will be appreciated.please don't give personal theories or propaganda's

amoy

any unbiased(preferably non-Chinese) links supporting will be appreciated.please don't give personal theories or propaganda's
Unbiased? Yours sounds biased enough.

Personal? So yours is not a PERSONAL theory or propaganda but sort of self appointed official or authority?? hmmmm interesting

drkrn

Personal? So yours is not a PERSONAL theory or propaganda but sort of self appointed official or authority?? hmmmm interesting
please stop quoting me if you can't provide a link

drkrn

please stop quoting me if you can't provide a link.learn the rules here first.support your views with a link

amoy

I'm personally strongly biased against Buddhism as a foreign gibberish, negatively impacting Chinese psychologically and culturally.

It has also been abused by terrorist organizations based in foreign soil i.e. India to such an extent to mislead and encourage sociopathic behaviours such as self immolation.

Confucian Responses to Buddhism Throughout Chinese History - China culture
Throughout Chinese History, there are numerous Confucian responses to Buddhism. The rebirth of Confucianism, or Neo-Confucianism, was welcomed by an age where Buddhism was of immense practice and most of was in large part a reflection of Buddhism influence. So the rebirth of Confucian beliefs was to be challenged by Buddhist precedents, which called for Confucians to speak out against the Buddhism and respond to their presence in . Buddhist, in turn, then responded to the attacks placed against them in a matter that seemed to be extremely the result of cause and reaction.

The natures of the attacks on the Confucian side were directed at removing Buddhist institutions and their stronghold on society. Many of the Confucian attacks were against the clergy, as well as the Buddhist doctrines, and attacked the heart and soul of the Buddhist religion. The attacks resulted in much of the Chinese society switching over to a growing Confucian populace and resulted in a prevalent Buddhist society having to respond to many of the Confucian attacks on them, in order to remain the prevalent and official philosophy of Chinese civilization. But the Buddhist attacks on Confucianism were not as strong as the responses of those coming from the Confucian side. There are many reasons for this, all of which will be attended to. But one thing that must be of note, is that during the sparring back in forth between these two great philosophies, there were many ideas which offered great insight, and interesting rhetoric into the two religions.

Confucians of this time period had several key points that they wanted to focus on in responding to the prevalent Buddhism belief in . One of them included a specific attack on the land properties and other excesses of Buddhist clergymen. Many clergymen were able to benefit from the tax-exempt religious land, of which much was not even used for religious purposes. This allowed many clergymen to avoid paying property taxes and thus gave them the opportunity to possess great pieces of land that were extravagant and luxurious. The clergymen were also allotted prize lands from Buddhist followers where they often instituted slavery and worked the land to achieve immense wealth, which often led to power and affluence. Confucians found this practice to be contradictory to the development of the Chinese civilization and to the ethical belief system that they were attempting to establish, and then deemed the Buddhist clergymen as being parasitic.

Another response to the dominant Buddhist religion of the time were the general attacks on the Buddhist doctrine. Confucians assaulted the Buddhist doctrine on several different accounts. One of those accounts would be a response to the doctrine belief that people should emancipate themselves from their own minds. Confucians strongly believed in the development of the self and in learning and education, so it is obvious that separating the one's actions from the mind was not in the best of Confucian interests. Another aspect of the Buddhist doctrine that is often attacked is the contradicting elements of helping others come to Buddhism while the remainder of the religion preaches a strong support for escaping society. Clearly, doing both is quite problematical, as one cannot help other people come to Buddhism and cultivate their minds if they are not even a part of society where there are people to encourage.

The escapist, anti-social, and nihilistic attitude was at the forefront of the Confucian response to Buddhist predominance in Chinese society. Confucians found that too many Buddhist clergymen were preaching people right out of society, telling them that the mind must be free of all secular engagement and influence in order to become free from the sanctions of civilization and embody the ultimate Buddhist form, nirvana. However, this is in direct contrast with Confucian beliefs that preach that people should learn from the world, react with society, and become a devout and influential person in the social order. While Buddhism was suggesting that people abandon respect for the norms, culture, tradition, Confucian ethics promoted all these things, and even required them as necessities for personal growth and attainment. Confucian philosophers also truly were against the idea of escaping society and living by one's lonesome because of the fact that this left no chance for the individual to practice filial piety, regard for strangers and the polishing of the mind. It was very important that people show consideration for their parents, strangers and rulers in the Confucian ethical system, and the practices of escapism being taught by Buddhist were in direct contrast with that. The Confucians made public that the Buddhist escapist practice was encouraging people to abandon their families which was unswerving disregard for the Five Constant Relationships. Moreover, charges against the Buddhist practice went on to claim that the escapist customs tended to regard material things as deceiving and not real, and therefore it seemed that Buddhist only considered the mind as being authentic, which is a part of the Buddhist doctrine. Confucians found this to be a factor that disintegrated society and made Buddhist everyday interactions scorned, while on the other hand, promoted meditation and inner cultivation as the only means of useful interaction.

The Buddhist responses to the charges being made against them by Confucians were relatively small in comparison. There are many debates over as to why this is. One clear cut belief is that the Buddhist leaders, had to practice what they preached, thus their escapist beliefs led them to not have a means in which to respond to Confucian criticisms. After all, if the majority of Buddhist leaders and writers are off in the wilderness meditating and escaping from society, than they are not going to be able to respond to Confucian attacks in a means that would reach the masses. And just assuming they even heard of many of the Confucian attacks while living the escapist-monkish lifestyle is a stretch in itself. Another theory as to why the Buddhist response was quite small is that most of the Confucian attacks were indisputable realities. As one recalls, in some of the aforementioned charges against Buddhism (that were stated earlier) it is apparent that they are based on the writings and teachings of the Buddhist religion. The attacks on the Buddhist Doctrine are responses to direct claims made from the text, and the charges on the escapist mentality are undoubtedly undeniable as nihilism runs ramped through Buddhist teachings. However, despite these facts for there not being a considerable rebuttal by Buddhist philosophers, there are a few counterpoints that they did offer.

The points that Buddhist tended to defend were the ones that did not have as much of a factual claim. A considerable Confucian response to Buddhist practices was to say that they did not account for the theory of causation because of their belief in the separation of the mind and the rest of the world. Buddhist counter by saying that the Buddhist Doctrine and other writings do account for a theory of causation and that karma is something that embodies that very philosophy. Another assertion that the Buddhist often chose to counter is the Confucian claim that Buddhism is a harbinger of calamity and that it is a parasitic religion. Buddhist often counters this by saying that no religion is free of poverty and disasters, and that the few problems that have resulted in Buddhist society cannot be blamed on the religion. Buddhists are stated as using Confucius' and Yu-Hui's poverty stricken problems as evidence of their religion not being the cause for calamity. While these counterpoints to Confucian responses are not in accordance with some of the bigger themes, they are the most effective and most believable of the Buddhist comebacks.

The historical context of these arguments is quite interesting. First, one must note the literary tactics that were used to display some of these arguments. The Confucians often displayed their responses in writings that included examples of song and verse, and of course, prose. Displaying their arguments in such means offered a very aesthetic value to their claims and it made them more poignant and more memorable, as well as better suited for long readings. Secondly, the impact of the Confucian-Buddhist debates changed the structure of Chinese society. Buddhism was quite prevalent, but with a large number of Confucian attacks and the minimal Buddhist responses, it was not long before the re-birth of Confucianism became the predominant ethical system once again. Neo-Confucianists had been successful in calling out Buddhist clergymen and revealing some of their bad intentions. This unveiling of flaws within the Buddhist religion, and with in the Confucian practice as well due to Buddhist attacks, caused both practices to undergo changes for their public perception, such as Buddhist altering their doctrines and Neo-Confucianists altering their beliefs to be a little more receptive of a few Buddhist ideas in order to persuade more newcomers to the Confucian philosophy.
Chinese Renaissance is based on our own glorious and superior heritage, excluding such non-Chinese elements.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles