26,400 Chinese school children in toxic uniform scare

arya

Country flag
The £20 winter uniforms made by the Shanghai Ouxia Clothing company contained traces of aromatic amines, often found in plastics, pesticides, dyes and drugs.
Some amines can be toxic if ingested while others are thought to be carcinogenic. Some 41 schools in Shanghai had bought and distributed uniforms from Ouxia, in the latest health scare to worry Chinese parents.
One 16-year-old student, Jiang Yunlu, told the Global Times newspaper: "The new school uniforms that I bought smelt awful, like new paint. They are too cheap; no wonder there are problems with the quality."
There is no indication that Shanghai Ouxia sells any of its uniforms abroad. The company has made uniforms for the past five years and sells around 15,000 a year. A spokesman said the uniforms had been made using material sourced from Zhejiang province which contained the toxic dye.
However, she said the uniforms containing the dye had only been samples and were not sold

The authorities in Shanghai have launched an investigation into the company and the Communist party has said it is investigating internally to discover if corrupt school officials had turned a blind eye to the substandard uniforms.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In last 5 years I heard about Toxic chairs. toxic paints, toxic water, toxic air, toxic medicines, toxic milk and now even toxic dress. Its not creativity but depravity of some materialistic society.

arya

Country flag
In last 5 years I heard about Toxic chairs. toxic paints, toxic water, toxic air, toxic medicines, toxic milk and now even toxic dress. Its not creativity but depravity of some materialistic society.
yes things are getting changed

specially in china , with growth you have to face negative face of coin

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Toxic oil (collected from gutters outside restaurants).

My quick hypothesis

Actually, I can empathise why some Chinese do what they do.

If one believes/argues morals etc have been shaped by religious indoctrination; due to lack of religion in China, Chinese are comparatively driven by fear of legal punishment over moral scruples.
That is extrinsic reward is dependent on extrinsic risk rather than any intrinsic judgement.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The £20 winter uniforms made by the Shanghai Ouxia Clothing company contained traces of aromatic amines, often found in plastics, pesticides, dyes and drugs.Some amines can be toxic if ingested while others are thought to be carcinogenic. Some 41 schools in Shanghai had bought and distributed uniforms from Ouxia, in the latest health scare to worry Chinese parents.

One 16-year-old student, Jiang Yunlu, told the Global Times newspaper: "The new school uniforms that I bought smelt awful, like new paint. They are too cheap; no wonder there are problems with the quality."
There is no indication that Shanghai Ouxia sells any of its uniforms abroad. The company has made uniforms for the past five years and sells around 15,000 a year. A spokesman said the uniforms had been made using material sourced from Zhejiang province which contained the toxic dye.However, she said the uniforms containing the dye had only been samples and were not sold

The authorities in Shanghai have launched an investigation into the company and the Communist party has said it is investigating internally to discover if corrupt school officials had turned a blind eye to the substandard uniforms.
No wonder that its a Chinese product...... what else you expect? :confused:

arya

Country flag
thats why i try to avoid any chinise product .

Now govt should look into may b chinise toy, items have some danger to us

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles