20th Anniversary of the Gulf War

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Made a little tribute video to the French forces of Operation Daguet. Feel free to post anything relevant to the Gulf War to honour all who served to liberate a nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Was in grade 6 and CNN had just come I think. It was all too exciting for a 12yr old to see live pictures of war and see those mean machines pound the iraqi forces.

Country flag
I was part of a mobile army surgical hospital unit during this ,and worked in a military hospital for 16 years upon returning from Germany.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was part of a mobile army surgical hospital unit during this ,and worked in a military hospital for 16 years upon returning from Germany.
MASH. My favorite ever serial. Never missed an episode including repeats.

Country flag
MASH. My favorite ever serial. Never missed an episode including repeats.
These units have been phased out of the army now we were a part of the 44th medical brigade. Unlike the show many personnel were moved around often and performed many duties that were not traditional military roles. One thing I remember is special kits called mark 1 were ordered in case of an expected chemical attack from Saddam's stockpile of sarin came,making sure all the soldiers had access to them and contingency plans if it was a big attack,this was a monumental task that most people will never know about. Along with instructing soldiers about their correct use, in a chemical attack if they were exposed they had 3 minutes to use them correctly to save themselves.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles