2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
In TN i think Jayamma party spends all tax rupees on free mixer, free rice, free scooter, free laptop, free mobile gibsmedats, so no money left to subsidise power for industries.
If there was DMK meanwhile all the tax money would be siphoned into Karunanidhi clan and other friends coffers
Between 2011 and 2014, I used to spend at least 6 months in Chennai. Barring for the hi-fi rich neighborhoods and core sectors, all others faced 4-8 hours of load shedding. My friends parents stayed in south Chennai near the IT hub. They faced 16 hour power cuts. Suburbs were the worst hit.

If we switch to solar, most generation costs will drop off a cliff, depreciation would be minimal, less manpower, little downtime, maintenance etc. The main focus going forward should be on storage of power.

When we look around at least in India, we only see an overcomplication of problems which have an easy, economical fix.

Reminds me of the time when MoD rejected our bid which was worth a few lakhs and disqualified us from participating by raising the minimum company turnover to Rs. 500 crores.

avknight1408

Country flag
In TN i think Jayamma party spends all tax rupees on free mixer, free rice, free scooter, free laptop, free mobile gibsmedats, so no money left to subsidise power for industries.
If there was DMK meanwhile all the tax money would be siphoned into Karunanidhi clan and other friends coffers
Wrong. TN provides power subsidy for industries too. And that's why TANGEDCO has massive debt. Bailing it out is the reason why TN which had low debt-to-gsdp ratio is now rapidly piling on debt.

avknight1408

Country flag
TN power problems were mostly due to corrupt DMK goons. Once AIADMK came to power they started turning around the sector. Now the situation is far better. My locality experiences power cuts only during heavy rain and strong winds. But problem is that AIADMK has not been able to increase electricity prices due to politics. TANGEDCO is basically a bankrupt company. Some difficult decisions has to be made but with elections around the corner nobody has the guts to do it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
gentle men, here is the best example of our lefiticle INDIAN media twisting words to its advantage.

this is what trump said,

“Look at China, how filthy it is. Look at Russia, look at - India, it’s so filthy, the air is filthy,” the American president said, arguing his position on climate crisis. "

i m not defending trump. perhaps he should chosen alternative words. i also feel INDIAN air is filthy.

but
look at our headlines in our media: and congress twisting words

Donald Trump’s ‘filthy air’ remark result of ‘Howdy Modi’: Congress leaders
- the hindu, NDTV, hindustantimes

now wait for raul vinci to tweet something funny :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
If you recall the skies of San Francisco in 80’s & 90’s, you couldn’t see skyline because of the pollution. There used to be frequent talk of “acid rains” in US those days.

it took massive infra spending to make the city dust free, and also lots of regulations on industry. Luckily for California, dot com boom came and they didn’t need manufacturing industries to fund their air cleanup.

taking California as an example here because, climate of India & Cali mostly match.

It’s all relative, in effect india needs lots of funding to clean up air, it can come only when economy grows. one has to follow the other, can’t have both at the same time.

Illusive

Country flag
If you recall the skies of San Francisco in 80’s & 90’s, you couldn’t see skyline because of the pollution. There used to be frequent talk of “acid rains” in US those days.

it took massive infra spending to make the city dust free, and also lots of regulations on industry. Luckily for California, dot com boom came and they didn’t need manufacturing industries to fund their air cleanup.

taking California as an example here because, climate of India & Cali mostly match.

It’s all relative, in effect india needs lots of funding to clean up air, it can come only when economy grows. one has to follow the other, can’t have both at the same time.
Delhi's surrounding geography doesn't help, the Himalayas, the stubble burning and low winds make a dangerous combo.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Delhi's surrounding geography doesn't help, the Himalayas, the stubble burning and low winds make a dangerous combo.
obviously pollution in Delhi and surrounding areas is a series of solvable engineering problems, it just needs tonnes of money to solve. Whenever the monies come by, it will get solved.

Until then it is a political point scoring beating stick.

Akula

Country flag
Delhi is surrounded by villages of Punjab, Haryana, UP, Uttarakhand and HP.

another_armchair

Country flag
obviously pollution in Delhi and surrounding areas is a series of solvable engineering problems, it just needs tonnes of money to solve. Whenever the monies come by, it will get solved.

Until then it is a political point scoring beating stick.
Technology is already there to extract biodiesel and bio-cng from crop refuse and the end product is still cheaper than what's sold in retail pumps. The leftover makes for excellent biofertilizer too.

Unfortunately, a solution to a problem is creating another problem when vested interests get involved and this has plagued our country since independence.

Surface water has been deliberately polluted so people have no choice but to buy water or dig borewells.
Honestly don't understand why industry effluents must be released into natural water sources?
Rivers, tributaries have been reduced to sewage nullahs all over the country. These were sources of fresh water few decades back. This can be witnessed all over the country, not just a specific state. Almost feels like systematic, organized crime at work.

The biggest contributor to pollution in the NCR region is burning of crop residue. This has to stop.

As a lot of OT posts have been made, request Mods to please move the entire lot to an appropriate thread, preferably Chit-Chat or Economy.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
India really needs a 1 child or 2 child policy, I recall Modi talking about this in his 2019 Independence Day address but have not heard much about it since.

For reference, here is the population projection for India via the UN Populations Division.

A 2 child policy would also deal with Muslim having more kids as well, if I remember correctly the average TFR of Hindus is 2.1 (right on replacement levels) while that of Muslims is 2.6

This would really help in the infrastructure department as well as the environmental one, how much more forests will we have to pave over to build ugly flats?

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag

Chinese have kompromat on Biden it seems, although this is just a Twitter post, I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.

Biden has engaged in all sorts of quid pro quos in order to bail out his crackhead paedophile son.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
Trump: Look at India it's filthy
It's air is filthy

He called India filthy twice

He called India filthy generally

He then called our air filthy

Just wow:india2:
To be honest, Western environmentalists are quite retarded, I would expect them to be demanding sanctions on India and China due to the environmental degradation caused by these two countries but instead they mainly focus on Western meat eaters or something like that.

SKC

Country flag
It's air is filthy

Trump be like - "Maaf karna Gusse mai thora idhar udhar nikal jata hun"

shade

Country flag
Trump be like - "Maaf karna Gusse mai thora idhar udhar nikal jata hun"
It's more like "Ha bola India filthy hai, kya karega tu ? "

1603457252519.png

by shitting on CHAINA and Indya he panders to his gora right wing audience, who are permanently butthurt over "Pajeet" stealing their ez service sector jobs, and Zhang stealing their comfortable manufacturing jobs.

It is another matter that the spoilt and complacent 56% White Master race would never work for "Pajeet" and Zhang prices in the first place.

shade

Country flag
Trump is only good for India in the context that he turns off the funding and aid tap for Al-Bhikaristan and applies the stick whenever and however possible to China.
The Hilal -e- Pakistan awardee on the other hand would splurge on Al-Bhikaristan and allow China to return to the good old 2010's era of unfettered dominance.

captscooby81

Country flag
He said China is filthy

Russia is filthy

And India is filthy

Guess what type of Filthy ? its Filthy air he was talking about and it was on paris climate accord

Don't worry wuhan virus muncher he called you also filthy

It's air is filthy

Abhay Rajput 02

What actually is the issue here? This may or not offend some people but in Hinduism, we are used to such depictions. I’m not sure you can categorise it as offensive and as meant to be so. Their names are Kamala Devi, Maya Lakshmi and Meenakshi, as classical names as you are going to get. The names by themselves don’t mean anything but openly antagonistic behaviour can only make them turn elsewhere. I ,for one, would encourage any and all embracing of Hindu culture. We have nothing to lose there. If you push them away, why be surprised when they show even less inclination to engage. Granted these are political moves but so what? What do we lose? Whatever the reasons to engage with Hindus, we should always welcome them in. Otherwise, why would they change ?

In any case, I just don’t understand this almost loony attitude of being antagonistic to Biden/Harris, especially Kamala Harris. What exactly is the point? Whether they win or not is not in our hands and our openly antagonistic behaviour will hardly help if they do win. We should sit this one out and keep our powder dry for real problems that may crop up.
The point is kamla harris is no hindu at all. Her mother converted to christianity to marry . She was raised as christian. And she is also a member of church. Also her daughters having some indian names is nothing but to make people fool. Thats it. Just like in india christian too have hindu names why to get reservations. Kamla harris do that to get votes. Diversity , blah , blah and blah.
Trump win is good for us for 2 reasons -
china and pakistan.
Biden is distraous for us due to the same reason Pakistan and china. Also christianity conversions business will have no effect in india whether trump wins or biden wins. Both Republicans and Democrats support that business in there own way. Infact having only 2 parties made it easier for them.
In conclusion our reason for supporting trump is simply because he is more anti china and anti pakistan , than biden

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
Trump is only good for India in the context that he turns off the funding and aid tap for Al-Bhikaristan and applies the stick whenever and however possible to China.
The Hilal -e- Pakistan awardee on the other hand would splurge on Al-Bhikaristan and allow China to return to the good old 2010's era of unfettered dominance.
Apparently Harris will take over soon after a Biden victory, I wonder what she would be like, I have a feeling she would be favourable towards Islam due to her Brahmin liberal background (although she pretends to be black, she was most definitely raised Hindu from what I have read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles