2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Just heard the full debate. CNN as usual has painted Biden as winner.
But that pure comedy lmao.. From both old dudes:rofl::crying:
Trump said he used OBAMA/BIDEN tax policy to his advantage, It's their fault they had such policy so that billionaires like him could use it. Funny now Biden can't say shyt to that because he was the one who partake in that tax policy with Obama.
AND then came some more hilarious stuff when Trump talks about climate. He doesn't know shyt about it honestly, but its funny to hear him about it. Not that Biden would know any better. It just funny to hear Trump say I want clear air and shyt lol.
Also trump said both India & China are fudging their covid 19 numbers.. Modi should give a call to santra here😉
In my view Trump did give some window to Biden to attack, Biden failed to use it. He needs to learn a bit from Obama there. This guy stutters a lot, plus he carries too much baggage into this debate.
Trump started off well but ended a little bit poorly and tried to be too aggressive but dude was dealing with both Biden & Wallace.
I'd give Trump the victory here.. He did not buried Biden but man this was the highlight ROFL😂

Biden making a point: And No. 2
Trump to Biden: You are No. 2

lmfao Target Destroyed :laugh:

garg_bharat

Country flag
My assessment:

Biden is doing really good. Trump has not been able to punch back and explain economy, covid handling, trade war. Unexpectedly he did better with law and order making some valid points. No health/dementia issue with biden and was really well prepared.

MEA better be prepared for biden presidency.
I think USA-China rift is fundamental and will continue with Democrats. However China is perfectly capable of making deals with USA under Democrats which defers the fight for some time until 'China deals with India'. So my thinking is India should prepare for the worst.

It is not that Trump is great for India either. Trump is very undecisive and prone to manipulation.

India will need USA in fight with China. However bulk of effort needs to come from local sources.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What do you say about Trump openly qiestioning India's Covid-19 statistics and lumping it with China and Russia?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
What do you say about Trump openly qiestioning India's Covid-19 statistics and lumping it with China and Russia?
Modi, as well as us, was also taking a dig at "developed countries" for failing so hard Vs a country like ours which is honestly in much better condition than anyone ever thought we'd be in.

It's just politicking. I'd not lose any sleep over it. Only people who will give it importance are liberal left.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
it is usual political rhetoric that happens in all democracies.

or

No other country was mentioned during the debate, not UK, not France, not Germany, not Iran. Brazil was mentioned but that was by Biden, in context of deforestation.

one thing all three India China & Russia have in common is size and military power. Somewhere in his sub-consciousness he considers these three countries as Huuuuuuuuuuge and bigly..

Take your pick...

garg_bharat

Country flag
Covid statistics is of little significance.

Trump referring to it is just to score brownie points - like we are honest others are not.

It is possible that India numbers are slightly lower than actual but difference won't be much. Some deaths specially in poor strata are hard to assign if Covid has not been tested. However indirect information points to only a slight increase in overall death rate.

It is hard to comment on China and Russia. Obviously world does not believe China's numbers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Its not like democrats don't have pro India people. We have to identify and fund them, do whatever it takes to make things happen. We cant rely on off chances.

US is an important partner and we have to cultivate good relations with them regardless of which party is in power and that means "Money". We have to exert our influence through our diaspora and goras too, money is key.

Put money in Hollywood, like chinks are doing. Put money in businesses. If americans know they can make money with you, then they are your best friends.
They do have pro-India people, but the party narrative is Islamist and very anti-India right now. Tulsi Gabbard was openly ridiculed and discriminated for being a Hindu - she's not even Indian for crying out loud! (her dad is Samoan and mom is a German Hindu). Everyone including Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden and especially Kamala Harris, was vicious to her. Heck! The fanatic white-Christians of the Republican party seemed to be kinder to her.

I have done my nut trying to write letters to everyone from top to bottom in the national BJP, raising the issue on MyGov about this. So there's a fat chance we will be 'funding' someone. China has a very strategic thought process - they don't keep teetering about here and there and making a khichdi of opinions. While now they are admittedly draconian, under their previous president, things were quite good.

I wonder if there are any Indian-American NRIs here who can speak to groups like Hindu American Foundation and Universal Society of Hinduism. These groups are extremely powerful and have a good influence on US politics, including excellent relations with the Jewish lobby.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thread .
In 2013, Joe Biden and his son Hunter flew on Air Force Two — the plane designated for the Vice President — to China. A few days later, a deal between Hunter and the Bank of China came through for a $1 billion investment fund named Bohai Harvest RST.

It is said that the deal had been stamped before the trip itself. An arrangement between China, an adversary of America and an expansionist power, and the son of the then Vice President and now Presidential candidate is quite revealing.

Joe has no issues with this arrangement because he has always been a great supporter of China like many other wealthy and powerful elites in the US. In 2001 he had actively worked to pass permanent national trade relations with China. (Source: Stealth War by Robert Spalding)

Hari Sud

Country flag
With his unpleasant comments about India and it’s Covid count during the presidential debate, President Trump turned a bulk of 3.5 million voters of Asian Indian origin against him. It is better, if he had stayed away from saying anything about India which is four times bigger and is doing a better job on a Covid containment than US. Very soon US will be sourcing Covid vaccine from India at a throw away price. He should have appreciated that. For those reason and his unsavoury behaviour on other matters, I will advise Indian voters to put hold on their choice and wait for his apology.......

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
With his unpleasant comments about India and it’s Covid count during the presidential debate, President Trump turned a bulk of 3.5 million voters of Asian Indian origin against him. It is better, if he had stayed away from saying anything about India which is four times bigger and is doing a better job on a Covid containment than US. Very soon US will be sourcing Covid vaccine from India at a throw away price. He should have appreciated that. For those reason and his unsavoury behaviour on other matters, I will advise Indian voters to put hold on their choice and wait for his apology.......
Idealism has left the building in U.S politics, A sitting president of United states had been called a clown and told to shut up on the stage while 70 million people were watching.

apologies can be demanded later, get him elected first.

Mikel

Country flag
Trump is a loose cannon it's no secret. He's that kind of personality who will openly trash his closest friend in public just to be the funny guy in the party. But geopolitics doesn't swing on off-hand comments made in the heat of the moment. It has to have real substance behind it.

Destrius

Country flag
Concerns about Biden-Harris seem overblown. US foreign policy doesn't change much from president to president and China has pretty clearly established themselves as the #1 threat to America.
I don't think the US will turn back from its pro-India stance as Pakistan is now a Chinese vassal. India was one of Trump's foreign policy successes so I feel the shrill anti-India tone of liberal media is mostly to diminish Trump's accomplishments.

As for Kamala Harris, she is a flip-flopping, power hungry, political hack. She will attack anyone if it makes her look better. Her progressivism is fake and the far-leftists will likely be ignored as they are very unpopular with the American masses. I wouldn't take her anti-India rhetoric seriously. Remember Obama appeared very leftist but in the end his foreign policy didn't change much from Bush.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indians in US should always vote left for simple reason, it will be good for them and for whole world and probably also india. World is in a difficult situation. I hope this guy loose so all the jokers who are ruling every other country globally get tossed out from Brazil to china and between.

Destrius

Country flag
Indians in US should always vote left for simple reason, it will be good for them and for whole world and probably also india. World is in a difficult situation. I hope this guy loose so all the jokers who are ruling every other country globally get tossed out from Brazil to china and between.
Indians should vote both parties equally so both will try to cater to us.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indians should vote both parties equally so both will try to cater to us.
Trump is not you typical conservative. US has change , so has india under this govt , so has the whole world, for the worst in my opinion. i hope indian Americans or for that matter other ethnicities do not vote for him.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Trump is no friend of India ...and he's definitely not winning the election. :lol:
It's more than a month for election day and already more than a million Burgers have voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles