2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsuraKiller203

Country flag
Why do second/third generation Muslims become more Islamist than their immigrant parents.. but second generation Indians become completely deracinated, mostly dumping their Indian ties?

It’s a puzzling situation.
My thoughts are that the parents are partly to blame because they send mixed messages which causes identity issues in their offspring. The acronym ABCD -American Born Confused Desi is wrongly used. Instead it should be CPABD - Confused Parents of American Born Desis.

This is from my personal experience in my family and around me in 90s and 2000s. Hindu Immigrants (first gen parents) when they first move to US they take "When in Rome do as Romans do" too literally and try to assimilate excessively. May be it stems from financial/social insecurities felt in India and may be the "Model Minority Certificate" that whites give to Indian-Americans is too hard to resist.
But this results in the 1st gen parents publicly dissing on ones hindu/indian/brown heritage when new in the country. The 2nd gen small child growing up notices this.

Now a lot of 1st gen parents after living in US for 10-20 years and becoming financially successful try to belatedly install hinduness on their grown-up kids at warp speed. By now the kid thinks parents only want a free caretaker in old age and are doing it out of personal need n selfinshness.

Some of these parents may teach children about hindu values in private and but avoid wearing it on their sleeve in the public. The 2nd gen child sees this as hypocrisy and loses respect for parents.

Many parents fail to convey to their kids that meek behavior in public earlier was the need of the hour for them bc of the very racist and hinduphobic enviornment of the old days. And instead end up teaching "All religions are the same" BS . Many also end up teaching their kids to do the same hypocritical public/private dance without realizing that times have changed and now it is cool to show hinduness in public now.

Basically, a 2nd gen child growing up in US gets so many conflicting signals and messages from his parents and society that the poor fellow isnt able to make out his front end from the rear especially if hes a good at heart fellow.

Hindu parents have basically lost the art of parenting. This is visible in modern India as well but is amplified when placed in challenging circumstances of adopting a foreign country. Hindus' traditional inter-generational information transmission mechanism was temple classes and gurukul. That was destroyed by the govt. Our second transmission mechanism was the large family staying together with grand pa and grand ma. With atomization of the family and 2-child small families, this method was also lost a generation ago. Hindus basically have no effective way of transferring culture, beliefs and values from old generation to the present. The small family (hum do hamare do) campaign has been a total disaster for Hindus and India. But this is off topic, more on this on a seperate thread.

Contrast this with the way a muslim immigrant family in US behaves. From Day 1 the muslim parent flaunts his muslimness on american streets. They take pride in dressing and acting differently from other americans and they pass on this kattarpanthi/radicalism to their kids. And they have large families with many kids all staying under one roof. So they have one transmission mechanism in tact. Secondly, muslims in india, us, everywhere in worlds also have their equivalent of the gurukul system in tact as a transmission mechanism while hindus dont. They have mosques, madrassas, islamic schools that make it easy to impart their worldview on next generation. And thirdly having such institutions makes it easier to have lots of kids bc these orgs do the job of free baby sitters and ease the financial burden of having large families. While hindus have no such luxury and stick to small families bc they have no social support.

In the US in my town there are many private islamic schools that muslim parents send their kids to but not a single hindu school. Inspite of hindus on the whole having more purchasing power. Almost 100% of hindus end up going to american schools where the syllabus is filled with anti-hindu garbage.

Of course the downside of muslim kattarpanthis is that they are generally disliked and end up earning less money in their lives while hindus are the highest earners in the US. But then the question basically becomes of a trade off: Hindus in the past have prioritized their earning power over instilling of dharma in their kids and the results are here for us to see now:. Deracinated kids, Self-Hating brown Sepoys and Coconuts.

There is no free lunch in life. And I hope future hindu parents put greater emphasis on their hinduness over financial well being.

captscooby81

Country flag
Not sure why such long debate about KH being ethnic indian or not . Lets look at events

KH tries to run for President with her fathers African genes gets royally kicked out by african american in primaries because they can see she is not one among them

Abuses sleepy Joe in the best of words she can at primaries , Now sleepy Joe chosen her to run for VP and this time she is now trying to sell her indian mothers relation snake oil and here we indian's are busy trying to claim how she is more indian than the ones who leave india to go and study in USA .

By the way you evil indian's stop claiming KH is yours , She is from land of lemuria, she is dravidian periyar grand daughter she won't associate herself with you aryan invaders :nono:

Oops : there is small mistake her mother has done when writing her name instead of Kamala Higher she written Kamala Iyer . Still you evil dhindoos don't claim her she is pakka lemurian

captscooby81

Country flag
If there is one person who deserve to become President of US right now . That person is none other than Mike Pompeo this man is simply poking right in the eyes of lizard instead of fearing it like dragon and making even single move to kick their balls .

Hijibiji

Country flag
Not sure why such long debate about KH being ethnic indian or not . Lets look at events

KH tries to run for President with her fathers African genes gets royally kicked out by african american in primaries because they can see she is not one among them

Abuses sleepy Joe in the best of words she can at primaries , Now sleepy Joe chosen her to run for VP and this time she is now trying to sell her indian mothers relation snake oil and here we indian's are busy trying to claim how she is more indian than the ones who leave india to go and study in USA .

By the way you evil indian's stop claiming KH is yours , She is from land of lemuria, she is dravidian periyar grand daughter she won't associate herself with you aryan invaders :nono:

Oops : there is small mistake her mother has done when writing her name instead of Kamala Higher she written Kamala Iyer . Still you evil dhindoos don't claim her she is pakka lemurian
Please clear my concepts here.
The lemurians/ periyar fellows kicked the Tamil Brahmins if i get it right. And Iyer is the "most superior brahmin" of tamilland.

So an Iyer may be a brown-sahib, a left-liberal-secular etc BUT can he be a lemurian?

Immanuel

Country flag
If there is one person who deserve to become President of US right now . That person is none other than Mike Pompeo this man is simply poking right in the eyes of lizard instead of fearing it like dragon and making even single move to kick their balls .
No, for now Trump is the only one who can face the onslaught of the media; leftists, hollywood and dem pedophiles, globalists, deep state, bgi tech, the list goes on and on.. Pompeo is nice but he is no General. One needs a bit of notoriety to stand to the continuous onslaught.

Shredder

Country flag
Kamala Harris : “Under Trump, the state department has been decimated and we don’t have an ambassador to Pakistan anymore. I will change that because to have influence in Kashmir we need a representative and that is Pakistan.”

Edited: Why is she a sellout to porkis?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
What will be the policy of india on one side we are seeing free fall in relationship with China and on the other side potentially New US Government can really turn the screws against india by supporting Pakistan to some level and by making ill actions against india on kashmir and all.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What will be the policy of india on one side we are seeing free fall in relationship with China and on the other side potentially New US Government can really turn the screws against india by supporting Pakistan to some level and by making ill actions against india on kashmir and all.
This is the reason India pursues a policy of strategic autonomy.

Willy3

Country flag
Please clear my concepts here.
The lemurians/ periyar fellows kicked the Tamil Brahmins if i get it right. And Iyer is the "most superior brahmin" of tamilland.

So an Iyer may be a brown-sahib, a left-liberal-secular etc BUT can he be a lemurian?
She's a Christian convert,so she's now officially a rebel against 'aryan Hinduism' so therefore lemurian icon

desicanuk

Don't be fooled by media coverage.

By all accounts she was closer to her mother than her father. She considers her mother as the biggest influence and inspiration in her life. Her father, who is divorced from her mother, not so much. In fact, they are stranged. She is even closer to her maternal grandfather than her father. So India looms large to her. But US politics favor black soundbites as far as diversity is concerned (for good reason).
And heres something from the Tarek Fatah,our favourite ex Pakistani Canadian but Indian at heart.This is his take on Miss Kamala's politics etc:

Kamala Harris – Tamil Indian or phony African?
Tarek Fatah Aug 12, 2020

The first signs of the dumbing down of American politics to reflect ‘ethnic vote banks,’ and not policy platforms, came to light when the Democratic front runner Sen. Bernie Sanders was crushed on Super Tuesday by Joe Biden, who successfully presented himself as the voice of African Americans.

Sanders, whose policy platform would have best served Black Americans, had to face the reality that people are receding into a worldwide tribalism where even a ‘Blackface’ politician can win the vote of ‘people of colour’ to become Canada’s prime minister.

So, it was no surprise that news agencies and mainstream media led with headlines on Wednesday screaming “First Black Woman” to run for U.S. vice-president. The fact Kamala Harris was the daughter of an Indian mother of Hindu faith and Tamil ancestry did not feature prominently in any of the newspapers.

The fact is that, by the time Kamala Harris was seven, her Jamaican father and Tamil mother were divorced, and Kamala was off to Montreal with her mom to enroll in the upscale white Anglo neighbourhood of Westmount where she spent her pre-college teen years.
The Black neighbourhoods of Montreal such as Cote des Neiges, Notre Dame de Grace or Little Burgundy were given a pass by Kamala’s mom, Shyamala Gopalan Harris, who was working as a breast cancer surgeon at the Jewish General Hospital and teaching at McGill University.
Writing about her Tamil Indian mother, Kamala Harris once wrote: … she is “the reason for everything.” In her memoir and the New York Times article, she explains, “There is no title or honour on earth I’ll treasure more than to say I am Shyamala Gopalan Harris’s daughter. That is the truth I hold dearest of all.”

Yet, when it came to list her ancestry on the U.S. Census form, Kamala Harris dropped any link to her mother and chose instead to be known as “African American” instead of “Asian Indian.”

Considering the fact she has shed her Indian ancestry and invoked her dad’s Jamaican roots, it’s surprising that she has little to say anything about him.

On one occasion when she did speak about her dad, Kamala ended up earning his rebuke. When she was asked whether she smoked pot when she was young, she said, “Half my family is from Jamaica, are you kidding me?”

Her stereotyping of Black Jamaicans as pot-smoking people so angered her dad, he responded with the following comment in a Jamaican newspaper.

“My dear departed grandmothers … as well as my deceased parents must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics.”

The picture that emerges is of a woman willing to play identity politics and trade ancestries whenever it suits her. She claims her Tamil mother to be “the truth I hold dearest of all,” yet refuses to be listed as being of Indian ancestry.

Instead, she invokes her dad’s Black heritage despite the fact the two have not known each other since she was seven years old.

And then there is Harris’ record of incarcerating a record number of Black youth as a public prosecutor.

As early as January 2019, Black author and adjunct professor Shanita Hubbard challenged Black women planning to vote for Harris: “Black women, people of colour and progressives supporting Harris need to ask tough questions about this record. This may feel like unnecessary scrutiny of an already vulnerable candidate. Yet, supporting her without at least inquiring about her decisions as a prosecutor would be tantamount to pledging our allegiance to symbolism.”

Considering her juggling of identities, can you blame President Donald Trump for labelling Kamala Harris as a ‘phony’?

ashdoc

Country flag
Copy paste from an article by Robert Spencer

It's not “screaming to get out” anymore. It’s out.
Totalitarianism is just what it says it is: total. In a totalitarian state, the government’s power is absolutely unfettered and unlimited: it either controls the means of production or owns them outright. It controls what can be said and what cannot be. It asserts authority over every aspect of the citizen’s life. Most Americans complacently assume that totalitarianism could never come to the United States. But today it is advancing here at a rapid clip.
The totalitarian impulse is not coming today from the U.S. government, although that will quickly change if the Democrats win in November, but it is coming nonetheless, and coming quickly. Yesterday I spoke with a young person who works in an industry that has nothing whatsoever to do with politics; she told me that anyone in her circle who expressed support for Trump and/or skepticism about the agenda and goals of Black Lives Matter risked being fired, and not just losing the one job, but become unhirable. Supporting Trump means career ruin.
We knew that already, but its totalitarian implications have not been sufficiently highlighted. Just like in the old Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, in America today, only one point of view, only one political perspective, can be stated openly and freely in public without consequences.
In America today, armed police won’t pound on your door at 3AM and haul you away to a camp for dissenting, at least not yet (unless you’re Roger Stone or the filmmaker that the Obama administration blamed for the Benghazi massacre), but it is increasingly taken for granted in America that only Leftists may enunciate their views without fear of personal, professional, and/or even physical harm. The implications of that, and the consequences of that, are ominous.
Not long after the riots began, I decided to forget about it all for awhile and find a good movie. But when I went to Amazon to find one, the top, most prominent row was a series of racial grievance propaganda films designed to reinforce the Left’s claim that America, the freest and most egalitarian society the world has ever known, is an inveterately and criminally racist entity. Totalitarian, it means total control, as in, you must be beaten over the head with the Left’s ideology even when you want to watch a lousy movie.
Did Amazon care that some of its customers might think that highlighting such material would do more harm than good, and intensify, rather than heal, racial strife? Obviously not. It was demanding that the totality of its audience be Leftists who had contempt for America and a healthy appreciation for Marxism.
With sports it’s the same. Did baseball fans of the past know or care whether Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays was a Republican or a Democrat? Baseball fans certainly know the politics of the players now, and surprise, they’re all hard-Leftists (or carefully and prudently silent). The 2020 baseball season started late and continues to limp along, but I am not paying attention for the first time since 1970. At MLB.com there is now a section headed “Social Justice,” providing “resources” for “understanding allyship, anti-racism and advocacy.” It is filled with Marxist agitprop from the likes of Angela Davis and Ta-Nehisi Coates, as well as guidelines on “how to have conversations about race” and the like.
What does any of that have to do with baseball? Nothing. Nothing whatsoever. But it is there because it has to be. Totalitarianism, remember – it’s total. The Left now allows for no aspect of life to be free from politicization and propagandizing.
For Amazon, MLB, and the multitudes of other businesses that are now retailing Black Lives Matter propaganda, this is also a form of paying protection. Display your wokeness, and the baseball stadiums won’t go up in flames. Recently a friend told me that every house in his neighborhood had put Black Lives Matter signs on the lawn, at the behest of young activists who knocked on the door. He told me that when they got around to knocking on his door, he would put up a sign, too, because he understood the hint of menace behind the request. You got a nice house, mister. Would be a shame if it turned out to be owned by a “racist.”
The BLM signs on the lawn are the modern American equivalent of Chinese having photos of Xi or Germans during the Nazi days having copies of Mein Kampf prominently displayed in their homes: they may have never read the book, they may have hated the dictator, but it was a prudent thing to have if one cared about one’s safety and didn’t want the boot on one’s face, forever.
That’s totalitarianism, and it’s here. There is no escaping from the Left’s propaganda today. The advance of totalitarianism in America has been swift and, indeed, total. There is nowhere one can go, nothing one can do, that will not require one to pay obeisance to the Left’s new gods. “Imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever.” That’s how George Orwell in 1984described living in a totalitarian regime. Up until recently, I thought that meant that totalitarian states always hung the threat of violence over their citizens’ heads. But now that totalitarianism is coming to the United States, I see that it involves much more than that. There are all sorts of ways to apply a boot to a face.
But one aspect of the old totalitarian regimes is conspicuously lacking, at least thus far: the charismatic leader. There is no personality cult on the Left, no secular god, no Xi, no Stalin, no Hitler. We have the totalitarianism, we just don’t have the Führer. Joe Biden certainly isn’t it; he is just a placeholder. But given the trajectory of totalitarian movements, one is likely to emerge, a rough beast who even now may be slouching toward Portland to be born .

desicanuk

this is something tarek fatah touched on with tahir gora in his video. indians who go abroad are generally the 'global citizen' sorts who are very happy if their son marries a white chick or their daughter lives in and then settles down with some black or white dude. This is 1 reason why the nation and hindus don't have good PR in the west where we nevertheless have a not-inconsiderable diaspora. Whatever image and goodwill we have is despite it and their general apathy in such matters of soft power.
Yes.Thats correct particularly true in the US.I remember a couple of them who stabbed US Indians in back after they got elected - Ro Khnanna(Calif) and Pramila Jayapal.These two are traitors to their Indian heritage.

desicanuk

I assure you Indian diplomats will run to lick her boots if she becomes VP. Even Jaishankar can lose his job.

You and me can denounce Kamala Harris but diplomats are not there to speak truth. Diplomats are there to build bridges and win concessions.

I just had a run in with somebody (sounds German) over Kashmir on my twitter account. If you think only Biden is buying Pakistani account, you are wrong. Half the world is misinformed about Kashmir because India has repeatedly failed to sell its side of the story.

People are not impressed by terrorism and how we handle it. We have to fight on principles. The biggest difficulty India faces even today is partition on religious lines. We need to go back to original Bharat (at the time of Sri Krishna) and claim all the land in Bharat. We have to fight for Bharat if we want to win. India is a synthetic construct and all the State power falls short before an ideology.
You are absolutely right.Our diplomats are not much help.Our press attaches cant be relied upon to defend India or give a retort to Pakistani falsehoods about Kashmir or anything else.Google map shows Arunachal Pradesh as disputed territory.But not Tibet or East Turkestan.PRC diplomats are very aggresive when it comes defending PRC interests.Our diplomats just want goodlife.

Roshan

Country flag
Yes.Thats correct particularly true in the US.I remember a couple of them who stabbed US Indians in back after they got elected - Ro Khnanna(Calif) and Pramila Jayapal.These two are traitors to their Indian heritage.
contrast this with our padosis who leave no stone unturned in pushing their narrative - however hypocritical and false - and their soft power. A guy like bernie sanders had a pakistani pa ffs who was telling him what to think on kashmir etc.

Immanuel

Country flag
She's a Christian convert,so she's now officially a rebel against 'aryan Hinduism' so therefore lemurian icon
Please she is no Christian 😂 you should know by now that Leftists are Godless phonies who sell out their own Mama's. Oh wait she did just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles