2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Its very complicated and its not very clear who in power will be beneficial(anyway we wont be able to anything about it :p)

Current est. is transactional so don't have long term strategic plan. One good trade deal may tilt favor in CCP. Also not that wasy going on outsourcing but this change need to happen in India irrespective (too much reliance on US).
Challenger has shady views on internal Indian politics. Is this temporary to get votebank, i am not sure. I would have like yang or gabbard more, but its out of question with how DNC works. They would have been more reasonable to deal with & some one like Jaishankar would have been able to navigate easily regarding CAA/J&K.

So in anycase, Modi and MEA should be prepared for the worst in both outcomes.

desicanuk

If we manage to convince US then we don't need anyone else to convince. Russia will never utter a word. China will of course cry aloud. It won't be easy though in both Republican & democrats anti India lobby still exists.
Yes.They also happen to be of Indian origin.

Indrajit

Country flag
And her mother seems to be kannadiga Brahmin, being a Brahmin puts her in negative points list as per the libtard ideology points table.
Tamil Brahmin.

To me her name sounded like she is a Muzzie .. Kamala is not a hindu name as for as i can see.. may be down south they use such names.....was her father muzzie or her husband is one... i am sure she had a muzzie connection...

anyways that gives me a good assurance.. if Joe fella was not able to handle her than trump is few levels up when it comes to bullying and taking spotlight away...he is ruthless ...
As has been already said, it does mean lotus. Btw, the extra “A” is actually the correct spelling in Sanskrit and all South Indian languages faithfully follow the original Sanskrit name. As is “Rama”, not “Ram” . The interesting part though is not just that, her Hindu mom gave her daughters very Hindu, very religious names. She is Kamala Devi. (Harris is her dad’s surname). Means Goddess Lakshmi, Her sister is named Maya Lakshmi. Maya’s daughter is named Meenakshi . As Hindu names as you can possibly get. As children, they were taken to Hindu temples by their mom, though she also sent them to Black Churches with the neighbours,. The mom never went to the church with them. Don’t know about Maya and her daughter but Harris identifies herself as Christian while alluding to her Hindu roots. As with other politicians in the US,, difficult to say whether it’s only political. With the exception of Tulsi Gabbard ( who is not Indian), no one wears their Hindu roots on their sleeve.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
The Extra A got me in i guess...
Kamala is Sanskrit, means 'eyes like lotus flower'.

It does seem prima facie that Biden ticket may not be good for India.

But you never know.

American politics is weird; and the 'deep state' is what makes policy.

garg_bharat

Country flag
My thinking is we should welcome Kamala Harris on Biden ticket.

We do not know who wins. Burning bridges with an ethnic Indian VP is the worst thing India can do.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
To be frank I won't say Republicans are best friends either. They are somewhat White supremacits who also don't much like Hindus & Indians. We gotta see it from what's best for India perspective. Indian Americans only see what's best for them & we got no reason to blame them. They've been taught since Bill Clinton's era that Democrats are good for immigran
Indian Americans are a relatively young community by virtue of when most of the immigration to the US happened (there are two major waves -- the first in the 70s & 80s when scientists and doctors came and the second in the 90s and 2000s when a number of engineering and software professionals came to the US. According to Portland State University, the average age of Indian Americans is around 37.
The Democratic Party tends to appeal to the younger population through their policies like what Obama did.
true.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
My thinking is we should welcome Kamala Harris on Biden ticket.

We do not know who wins. Burning bridges with an ethnic Indian VP is the worst thing India can do.
She's American. Full stop. She'll have American and her own agenda in mind.

We can't trust own our own college kids with full Indian blood and upbringing, and how will we trust one such as Harris?

Indrajit

Country flag
True that .. TBH, I liked her.. i am not much into US politics but she seems better,,,,no doubt joe choose kamala...

She's has a lot to be admired. Inspite of constant vilification for her "ties" to India and supposedly to this government and her Hinduness and therefore supposed Islamophobia, she hasn't budged even if she wont be a member of Congress from next year. That takes a lot of guts.

Indrajit

Country flag
which history of Kamala harris tells you she is not a dumpster fire for India?
Doesnt matter. If we dont want them to decide who governs in India and work with whoever. we too should do the same. We should welcome her. Our welcoming or not is going to have no bearing on the ticket winning. As has been said by @garg_bharat no need to burn bridges. We will deal with whoever wins but we will do it with our eyes open.

SKC

Country flag
What are you talking about? Kamala comes from Kamal which means Lotus in Sanskrit. Kamala is a synonym from Devi Saraswati since she resides on Lotus.

It's a very common word used in Sanskrit and Sanskrit root languages. Words like Kamalakshi [Akshi (eyes) like Kamal (lotus)] use the word Kamal.
DC named their muslim super hero : Kamala Khan, due to this the name sounds no longer pure hindu.

Roshan

Country flag
Spot on.Unfortunately there are lot of ignorant DP Indian supporters in US.They willl be in seventh heaven as soon as they hear Kamala (not Kamla) Harris and will vote for Biden.As far as I am concerned theres nothing Indian about this nasty woman except some of her mitochondrial dna.This does not bode well for India.Both sleepy Joe and nasty Kamala hate Modi/BJP.
she's as indian as that youtuber lilly singh who tries very hard to co opt black culture and distance herself from her own indian origins. Both black inside white outside. I can't believe people over here are getting hoodwinked by the bald faced opportunism.

SKC

Country flag
she's as indian as that youtuber lilly singh who tries very hard to co opt black culture and distance herself from her own indian origins. Both black inside white outside. I can't believe people over here are getting hoodwinked by the bald faced opportunism.
This is a very weird behavior among popular global Indians on any platform. They start to distance themselves from india roots and tend to merge with popular global views.
Lilly singh used to make good indian themed skits initially but latest her content totally changed. Most of the time pleasing white audience with having more white and black casts in her skit.

Roshan

Country flag
This is a very weird behavior among popular global Indians on any platform. They start to distance themselves from india roots and tend to merge with popular global views.
Lilly singh used to make good indian themed skits initially but latest her content totally changed. Most of the time pleasing white audience with having more white and black casts in her skit.
this is something tarek fatah touched on with tahir gora in his video. indians who go abroad are generally the 'global citizen' sorts who are very happy if their son marries a white chick or their daughter lives in and then settles down with some black or white dude. This is 1 reason why the nation and hindus don't have good PR in the west where we nevertheless have a not-inconsiderable diaspora. Whatever image and goodwill we have is despite it and their general apathy in such matters of soft power.

Indrajit

Country flag
That's where their audience is. Not surprising.

Indrajit

Country flag
this is something tarek fatah touched on with tahir gora in his video. indians who go abroad are generally the 'global citizen' sorts who are very happy if their son marries a white chick or their daughter lives in and then settles down with some black or white dude. This is 1 reason why the nation and hindus don't have good PR in the west where we nevertheless have a not-inconsiderable diaspora. Whatever image and goodwill we have is despite it and their general apathy in such matters of soft power.
2nd generation Indian Americans are pretty much useless to us, atleast most of them. They are completely deracinated. In my opinion, stupid to give that lot OCI etc.

Immanuel

Country flag
Can you explain why that means a walkover election for Trump? Genuinely interested
Can you explain why that means a walkover election for Trump? Genuinely interested
Before Kung Flu, Trump had the best economy the US has had ever: millions of new jobs, thousands of new factories, lowest unemployment in decades in virtually all categories. The biggest trump achievement would be the federal regulatory cuts which made it a lot easier to run businesses. The list of accomplishments are pretty crazy also when it comes to Federal judges.

In 2016 Trump won because a lot of voters were sick and tired of the dem and republican establishment. They had for the last 2 decades lead the country in the wrong direction (jobs got shipped and many states increasingly became nanny states with high local taxes, restrictions on various constitutional rights including 2A, corruption). Both parties failed middle America.

People woke up to deep slumber with years of deep state wars (Libya, Syria, Afghan etc) Trump was a message to the establishment. However, they had one thing uncertainty with Trump but they preferred him over Hillary who is widely known for being a cunt.

Most people don't blame Trump for COVID, they closely follow state politics especially now. Trump has been to most extent a Federalist President and has allowed for States to manage their own business even during pandemic. A vast majority do not support defund police. In March alone after COVID became a reality, millions of new requests background checks for weapons and gun sales in the US are at the best they have ever been. Now with a lot of dem shitholes defunding police, cops quitting due to open media rebuke and hatred, the situation is unstable. Also, Trump can easily point to dem run shitholes which are heavy in debt and vastly known for crime violence, being sanctuary cities.

Trump will wipe the floor with Kamel-Joe in debates. He currently has a 36% (publically known) approval among Blacks (secretly it's more). Dems need 90% black vote to win. It's not a easy win but Teflon Don is a hardworker, the nigga don't sleep and hardwork with cool calculated tactics will win. Many may not like his style but people vote with their feet

Besides Dems have the wrong message: they want higher taxes, already a lot of dem states are increasing taxes during pandemic :facepalm:, they want medicare for all including illegal immigrants, they want everything from carbon to meat taxes, they want to raise federal taxes on the middle class and wealth tax too. Trump will obliterate that narrative.
Trump just has to point to San Fran, LA, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Portland, NY to show how shitty their policies are.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
2nd generation Indian Americans are pretty much useless to us, atleast most of them. They are completely deracinated. In my opinion, stupid to give that lot OCI etc.
Why do second/third generation Muslims become more Islamist than their immigrant parents.. but second generation Indians become completely deracinated, mostly dumping their Indian ties?

It’s a puzzling situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles