2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Doesnt matter. If we dont want them to decide who governs in India and work with whoever. we too should do the same. We should welcome her. Our welcoming or not is going to have no bearing on the ticket winning. As has been said by @garg_bharat no need to burn bridges. We will deal with whoever wins but we will do it with our eyes open.
Exactly we should stay neutral in this entire situation. No one knows who'll be in power.
Thankfully Indian media is propagating positive image of her. We do have a tendency to burn bridges.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Before Kung Flu, Trump had the best economy the US has had ever: millions of new jobs, thousands of new factories, lowest unemployment in decades in virtually all categories. The biggest trump achievement would be the federal regulatory cuts which made it a lot easier to run businesses. The list of accomplishments are pretty crazy also when it comes to Federal judges.

In 2016 Trump won because a lot of voters were sick and tired of the dem and republican establishment. They had for the last 2 decades lead the country in the wrong direction (jobs got shipped and many states increasingly became nanny states with high local taxes, restrictions on various constitutional rights including 2A, corruption). Both parties failed middle America.

People woke up to deep slumber with years of deep state wars (Libya, Syria, Afghan etc) Trump was a message to the establishment. However, they had one thing uncertainty with Trump but they preferred him over Hillary who is widely known for being a cunt.

Most people don't blame Trump for COVID, they closely follow state politics especially now. Trump has been to most extent a Federalist President and has allowed for States to manage their own business even during pandemic. A vast majority do not support defund police. In March alone after COVID became a reality, millions of new requests background checks for weapons and gun sales in the US are at the best they have ever been. Now with a lot of dem shitholes defunding police, cops quitting due to open media rebuke and hatred, the situation is unstable. Also, Trump can easily point to dem run shitholes which are heavy in debt and vastly known for crime violence, being sanctuary cities.

Trump will wipe the floor with Kamel-Joe in debates. He currently has a 36% (publically known) approval among Blacks (secretly it's more). Dems need 90% black vote to win. It's not a easy win but Teflon Don is a hardworker, the nigga don't sleep and hardwork with cool calculated tactics will win. Many may not like his style but people vote with their feet

Besides Dems have the wrong message: they want higher taxes, already a lot of dem states are increasing taxes during pandemic :facepalm:, they want medicare for all including illegal immigrants, they want everything from carbon to meat taxes, they want to raise federal taxes on the middle class and wealth tax too. Trump will obliterate that narrative.
Trump just has to point to San Fran, LA, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Portland, NY to show how shitty their policies are.
Thanks!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My thinking is we should welcome Kamala Harris on Biden ticket.

We do not know who wins. Burning bridges with an ethnic Indian VP is the worst thing India can do.
It’s not about burning bridges, it’s about sending a message.

Message was sent during UK elections as well, look how calm UK labor party has been after the elections. Tories even made indian origin folks as their finance & home ministers.

Public opinion & govt to govt relationship are not the same.

garg_bharat

Country flag
which history of Kamala harris tells you she is not a dumpster fire for India?
It does not matter. India must be smart enough to convince an enemy.

I would not avoid Kamala Harris even if she did not have any Indian ancestry.

Avoiding Kamala or Jeyapala is not a solution.

garg_bharat

Country flag
It’s not about burning bridges, it’s about sending a message.

Message was sent during UK elections as well, look how calm UK labor party has been after the elections. Tories even made indian origin folks as their finance & home ministers.

Public opinion & govt to govt relationship are not the same.
See I understand the political part. But India is not a superpower, USA is. USA is an open society for the most part and we do have a right to put across our point.

Cancelling a meeting due to presence of Dr Jayapal is not right.

Dr Jaishankar should not let such small things damage a broader and mutually beneficial relationship.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
See I understand the political part. But India is not a superpower, USA is. USA is an open society for the most part and we do have a right to put across our point.

Cancelling a meeting due to presence of Dr Jayapal is not right.

Dr Jaishankar should not let such small things damage a broader and mutually beneficial relationship.
Jayapal was not part of that committee meeting, she inserted herself in the last minute. such cheap theatrics at the cost of a friendly govt are not appreciated.

Indian govt need not answer to american “MLA’s”, it was a courtesy which Jayapal misused.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Jayapal was not part of that committee meeting, she inserted herself in the last minute. such cheap theatrics at the cost of a friendly govt are not appreciated.

Indian govt need not answer to american “MLA’s”, it was a courtesy which Jayapal misused.
Well Congressmen are like MPs.
My point is that we need to formulate a political strategy on Kashmir and start communicating it.

Cancelling meetings does not help.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well Congressmen are like MPs.
My point is that we need to formulate a political strategy on Kashmir and start communicating it.

Cancelling meetings does not help.
Democrats cannot use India as a punching bag for their vote bank politics either.

Let the ultra left democrats change their attitude towards India, they should stop demonising hindus & Indian state first.

if you sum up all their arguments, this is what you get:

1) hindus are deemed aggressors, even if riots are inflicted upon them. Hindus have no right to self defence.

2) Indian state has no right to self defence against terrorism from across the border.

3) only Muslim lives matter, lives of Indian security forces & victims of Islamic violence have no value.

4) Pakistan sending terrorists & sponsoring terrorism is justified.

5) how dare India as a country become self sufficient, without a Marxist at the helm.

6) how dare Indians rejects our “truths” which we publish in NYT, Wapo , economist & BBC.

7) how dare Indians resist our efforts to disintegrate Indian culture thru cultural Marxism.

8) Indians don’t know how to govern themselves.

9) nothing else matters other than what our marxists, German & missionary experts wrote for two centuries on India. history of India before those two centuries does not exist.

Immanuel

Country flag
The US needs our direct engagement even into local politics level. It's very important we have our active lobbies who advocate for Indian interests. That's primarily the way US works. Be it Dems or Republican we need active engagement is pushing for favourable picks. China, George Soros and a lot of others directly do this and it's easy to steer the US govt. to better strategic ends. A lot of dems, media are whores for China.

India can't engage China if one doesn't play the same but more elaborate game.

A closed mouth doesn't get fed, India should always promote it's interest that's how we build cultural strength everywhere we have diaspora.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Democrats cannot use India as a punching bag for their vote bank politics either.

Let the ultra left democrats change their attitude towards India, they should stop demonising hindus & Indian state first.

if you sum up all their arguments, this is what you get:

1) hindus are deemed aggressors, even if riots are inflicted upon them. Hindus have no right to self defence.

2) Indian state has no right to self defence against terrorism from across the border.

3) only Muslim lives matter, lives of Indian security forces & victims of Islamic violence have no value.

4) Pakistan sending terrorists & sponsoring terrorism is justified.

5) how dare India as a country become self sufficient, without a Marxist at the helm.

6) how dare Indians rejects our “truths” which we publish in NYT, Wapo , economist & BBC.

7) how dare Indians resist our efforts to disintegrate Indian culture thru cultural Marxism.

8) Indians don’t know how to govern themselves.

9) nothing else matters other than what our marxists, German & missionary experts wrote for two centuries on India. history of India before those two centuries does not exist.
International diplomacy is often the art of dealing with people you hate. You have to sit down with your enemies. Either you create a powerful State which does not have to bend (which we do not have), or learn the art of diplomacy.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
International diplomacy is often the art of dealing with people you hate. You have to sit down with your enemies. Either you create a powerful State which does not have to bend (which we do not have), or learn the art of diplomacy.
Yes, Indian govt does sit with whom they are meant to sit with I.e govt to govt. otherwise we would have been in a military conflict with CCP right now.

diplomacy does not mean, bend to every vote bank theatrics by American politicians. if they want discuss India, let their elected politicians debate with our elected politicians at a neutral setup, not the CO-ideologists they keep inviting in the name of representatives of India. Ex: shashi Tharoor, Manish tiwari types.

If there is one major deficiency in Indian foreign policy via a vis the US, that the lack of funding of lobbies & think tanks to promote our narrative like @Immanuel has said.

and more importantly, we shouldn’t fall into the Marxist/ ultra leftist trap of keeping India & US apart. If you observe they are playing both sides for decades, on the US side they continue to promote India as it was till pre-2000’s , as if India has only slums, rapes & caste system and nothing else. On Indian side they project NYt wapo & huffpo are the voice of entire US.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The US needs our direct engagement even into local politics level. It's very important we have our active lobbies who advocate for Indian interests. That's primarily the way US works. Be it Dems or Republican we need active engagement is pushing for favourable picks. China, George Soros and a lot of others directly do this and it's easy to steer the US govt. to better strategic ends. A lot of dems, media are whores for China.

India can't engage China if one doesn't play the same but more elaborate game.

A closed mouth doesn't get fed, India should always promote it's interest that's how we build cultural strength everywhere we have diaspora.
Vested interests are there in every society. Some people like China as it satisfies some need. We have to look beyond ideology in such situations.

My view is to engage a wide spectrum of American politicians.

Willy3

Country flag
Self deleat for disrespectful word, sorry to those who already read

desicanuk

My thinking is we should welcome Kamala Harris on Biden ticket.

We do not know who wins. Burning bridges with an ethnic Indian VP is the worst thing India can do.
What bridge?There was never a bridge to burn.Both Biden and Kamala demolished that bridge when they chose to accept Pakistani version of events as fact rather than load of bs propaganda.Lets take a page from the CCP Book.Power comes from a strong economy.World respects economic power not Gandhianism.And, did I read you correct?Kamala - an ethnic India???Give me a break.She is 99% African Jamaican and 1% Indian.At least thats what she would have us believe.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
What bridge?There was never a bridge to burn.Both Biden and Kamala demolished that bridge when they chose to accept Pakistani version of events as fact rather than load of bs propaganda.Lets take a page from the CCP Book.Power comes from a strong economy.World respects economic power not Gandhianism.And, did I read you correct?Kamala - an ethnic India???Give me a break.She is 99% African Jamaican and 1% Indian.At least thats what she would have us believe.
I assure you Indian diplomats will run to lick her boots if she becomes VP. Even Jaishankar can lose his job.

You and me can denounce Kamala Harris but diplomats are not there to speak truth. Diplomats are there to build bridges and win concessions.

I just had a run in with somebody (sounds German) over Kashmir on my twitter account. If you think only Biden is buying Pakistani account, you are wrong. Half the world is misinformed about Kashmir because India has repeatedly failed to sell its side of the story.

People are not impressed by terrorism and how we handle it. We have to fight on principles. The biggest difficulty India faces even today is partition on religious lines. We need to go back to original Bharat (at the time of Sri Krishna) and claim all the land in Bharat. We have to fight for Bharat if we want to win. India is a synthetic construct and all the State power falls short before an ideology.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What Indian roots? look at the coverage, she is being projected as a black candidate. and our people are going gaga over here..
Don't be fooled by media coverage.

By all accounts she was closer to her mother than her father. She considers her mother as the biggest influence and inspiration in her life. Her father, who is divorced from her mother, not so much. In fact, they are stranged. She is even closer to her maternal grandfather than her father. So India looms large to her. But US politics favor black soundbites as far as diversity is concerned (for good reason).

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Please stop this Kamala puraan or whatever her name is.

She is a hostile, leftist witch and India under current dispensation must rub her good whenever it finds a chance. Stop being pussies and bending backwards to roll on some vague bridge that keep us connected with some rag tag American politician.

This talk by senior members on her Indian connection is seriously laughable.

If my memory recalls correct I see same people who called for India showing spine against Trump are now giving lecture on being conciliatory and open-ended.

I don't know when we will learn and start thinking straight. She is a problem and sucking up to her is not a solution. The onus is on her to work on her rapport with India and fix her leftist Jihadi ways.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
I watched there democratic debate. There debates are worth every popcorn tub I can spend on. Notice they all forgot about why they are good candidates and started attacking Trump. And they think they are good leaders. They didn't gave two fucks about there country.

1. Black Americans shouldn't have been an issue, if they regarded them as equal.
2. They are a way to polarize a minority just like we do in India these days.
3. The same shit is repeating itself.

I didn't found any better candidate by the democrats, and I think Trump is doing far hell of a Job than these ass*** would ever do. I mean they are so obsessed with sexism that (I can't recall her name, lady in blue) she was almost begging to become Prez because she was a women. :dude:

I think Trump should stay, its beneficial for our country.

Oh and Kamla isn't in our tribe. She is an American and we shouldn't confuse to her roots being Indian to what she is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles