2016 The year to improve in Hindi Language ( Words and phrases )

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Can we stop this Hindi vs others debate ?? I would love to see purification of Hindi from these Urdu words imported by the bhatts of Bollywood.

sabari

Nothing wrong in leaming hindi it the language of our ancestors which evolved with time took persian,turk and urdu words in it,we are the only people who are carrying the heritage of vedas and sanskrit via hindi (devnagri)

Anyone who hates hindi,he is a hater of sanskrit and aryans and probably a periyar prick or stranded rohingya.

Hindi is still very popular among Westerners.
View attachment 6865
Sorry Tamil is older as Sanskrit and it is still in use by over 70 million.Tamil has its own heritage, arts ,architecture, etc . Veda is not the only book which has Indian heritage.thiru kural tell about ethics a person should have. Selapathikaram tell about the way a citizen should be .character the rulers should posses. Sitha tell about medical. So Sanskrit is not the only language which carry Indian heritage.

pmaitra

Please discuss how to improve Hindi language. Keep it relevant to the topic.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Sorry Tamil is older as Sanskrit and it is still in use by over 70 million.Tamil has its own heritage, arts ,architecture, etc . Veda is not the only book which has Indian heritage.thiru kural tell about ethics a person should have. Selapathikaram tell about the way a citizen should be .character the rulers should posses. Sitha tell about medical. So Sanskrit is not the only language which carry Indian heritage.
I respect thiruvalluvar and his work though i have never read it but there was a short lesson in my Hindi book about him i think in class 5 CBSE that he used to pick rice while eating from pin so that food (Anna) is not get wasted.

I have also read the brief short stories what you call epics in sangam literature.

sabari

I respect thiruvalluvar and his work though i have never read it but there was a short lesson in my Hindi book about him i think in class 5 CBSE that he used to pick rice while eating from pin so that food (Anna) is not get wasted.

I have also read the brief short stories what you call epics in sangam literature.
Brother in south many of us know Ramayana, Mahabharata. but in Ramayana you could see monkeys helping rama to build bride to sri Lanka .who are those monkey is Ramayana say Tamil and malyali peaple as monkey. there is always a war between both and south in past.in north Ramayana is great epic .if we accept Hindi we have to accept there heritage means accepting our self as monkey.

Bornubus

Brother in south many of us know Ramayana, Mahabharata. but in Ramayana you could see monkeys helping rama to build bride to sri Lanka .who are those monkey is Ramayana say Tamil and malyali peaple as monkey. there is always a war between both and south in past.in north Ramayana is great epic .if we accept Hindi we have to accept there heritage means accepting our self as monkey.
You mean those monkeys in Ramayana or ram charita manas (tulsidas) were humans living in south india,is that what you are saying ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Periyar himself went to gutter like the rat he was tell me how many know about that turd ? you didn't answer any of my point,which all India exam or public places thrust Hindi in the throat of non Hindi speaker,tell me where is the little murugan discriminated at public banks,Railway stations, airports ?
The same can be asked in return. Why the f should non Hindi majority of India learn that backward illegitimate child of Persian and Sanskrit called Hindi when Hindi has nothing to do with us? If you want to conduct your state exams in Hindi, all the power to you. Why the hell should we Tamils learn it? It does nothing for us .

Should,could,would,will doesn't mean anything in the real world,so instead of the anti Hindi rhetoric non Hindi speakers (or i must say southerner dravidians) should resist themselves from coming and working in Hindi belt.
The same to you. Ask your bimaru brothren to stop coming here for manual/unskilled work :lol:

Also they should boycott armed forces personnel (majority from hindi belt and proud hindi speakers) who is helping a random Murugan or Vellama stranded in a flood they are proud Tamil speakers and ancestors of Periyar pride of India lol.
May be we should. May be Hindi is what jeeps everything backward in india, seeing how all developed states are non Hindi states:lol:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If you think language can held a country together I cannot help it.
It takes a lot more for a country to be together. How did India remain as one India all these years though as much as more than 50 % of the population doesn't know Hindi ?
Explain that.......
because powers like usa and britain have not invested too much to break India after 1947. But if they wish, they can do it on the basis of caste, language, religion, and region.

Bornubus

The same can be asked in return. Why the f should non Hindi majority of India learn that backward illegitimate child of Persian and Sanskrit called Hindi when Hindi has nothing to do with us? If you want to conduct your state exams in Hindi, all the power to you. Why the hell should we Tamils learn it? It does nothing for us .

The same to you. Ask your bimaru brothren to stop coming here for manual/unskilled work :lol:

May be we should. May be Hindi is what jeeps everything backward in india, seeing how all developed states are non Hindi states:lol:
Illegitimate how ! The same people who deserves the heritage of Vedas are today's Hindi speaker and earlier Prakrit speakers,Persian itself is more close to us than non Aryan Tamil,several Persian words have similar Sanskrit words.

And when did i said you should conduct your exams in hindi,exams are already conduct in native and English language and it remain that way.

As for manual and unskilled worker do you know the per capita of Haryana,NCR,uttarakhand,west UP and Himachal ?

Northerners rarely came to work in south except few metroes like Bangalore and Hyderabad whose IT economy is dependent on North.

As far as i know south were unskilled manual labors who were taken to carribean and sri Lanka to work in fields.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
People in India have already become too sensitive about their background than before. Earlier, it was not so. But now every where there is a discussion on caste, religion, language.

We are reminding people about their background, and foreign hand is there, in organising such a situation in country.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
अब हिंदी को संयुक्त राष्ट्र की भाषा भी बना लें तो ज़्यादा तो हिंदी के लिए और अच्छा होगा।
:D

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
:pound::pound:

are you even serious?

Afghanis speak pashto, dari, and Afghanistan was part of Bharat only.
To clarify what others have already said to you. The Hindi that is spoken in India nowadays is indeed an Arabicised,Perisanised form of an older derivative from Sanskrit. Inf aact there was a controversy known as the Hindi-Urdu debate in UP during the British rule. Hindi has more loanwords from Arabia and Persia than say Tamil or Bengali.

Infact Hindi and Urdu are the same language linguistically with Urdu being more Perso-Arbic and Hindi leaning more towards Sanskrit.

Check this before commenting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi#Comparison_with_Modern_Standard_Urdu

Linguistically, Hindi and Urdu are the same language. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script and uses more Sanskrit words, whereas Urdu is written in the Perso-Arabic script and uses more Arabic and Persian words. Urdu is the official language of Pakistan, while Hindi is the official language of India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi–Urdu_controversy

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
To clarify what others have already said to you. The Hindi that is spoken in India nowadays is indeed an Arabicised,Perisanised form of an older derivative from Sanskrit. Inf aact there was a controversy known as the Hindi-Urdu debate in UP during the British rule. Hindi has more loanwords from Arabia and Persia than say Tamil or Bengali.

Infact Hindi and Urdu are the same language linguistically with Urdu being more Perso-Arbic and Hindi leaning more towards Sanskrit.

Check this before commenting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi#Comparison_with_Modern_Standard_Urdu

Linguistically, Hindi and Urdu are the same language. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script and uses more Sanskrit words, whereas Urdu is written in the Perso-Arabic script and uses more Arabic and Persian words. Urdu is the official language of Pakistan, while Hindi is the official language of India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindi–Urdu_controversy

1) First of all we Indians believe that Persia and Bharat, had similar culture out of similar believes due to Vedas and Avesta. Hence the fusion is not new but since thousand of years. Religious Rituals are though different.

2) Till Afghanistan, we claim it to be our territory, of pre Millennia. Hence Pashto, Dari are daughter of Sanskrit only. Remember Akhand Bharat!!

3) Secondly, Hindi what we speak is no where is fused with Arabi. We do not tolerate this. Yes, there may be some fragments of Urdu, but Urdu itself is a fusion of arabi persian and hindi. Without Hindi grammar there is no Urdu sentence formation.

4) Our hindi literature, tulsi das, kali das is very much hindi.

Last edited:

I_PLAY_BAD

because powers like usa and britain have not invested too much to break India after 1947. But if they wish, they can do it on the basis of caste, language, religion, and region.
Do you say they didn't try ?
Read some articles and refresh your knowledge.

asingh10

Brother in south many of us know Ramayana, Mahabharata. but in Ramayana you could see monkeys helping rama to build bride to sri Lanka .who are those monkey is Ramayana say Tamil and malyali peaple as monkey. there is always a war between both and south in past.
Most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum.

If Tamils and Malyalis are monkeys as per this logic, then people of North must be Bears, Serpents and Rakshasas since Jambavan, Takshak, Hidamaba and many other exotic, mythological beings were from there.

In Ramayana, Shri Rama addresses Hanumana and Sugreeva as "Arya". Vali's own wife addresses him as an "Oh! Aryaputra (आर्य पुत्र)" (son of an arya/noble man) as he is dying.

Kishkinda Kanda 19 Sarga 27 Sloka

suptaa iva punar utthaaya aarya putra iti vaadinii |
ruroda saa patim dR^iSTvaa samviitam mR^ityu daamabhiH ||

27. saa= she; suptaa iva= sleeping, as though; punaH utthaaya= again, rising up - reawakened; aarya putra iti vaadinii= noble's, son, thus, while saying; mR^ityu daamabhiH sam viitam= by death's, strings, fast, bound; patim dR^iSTvaa= husband, having seeing; ruroda= she wept.

On getting up as though reawakened from sleep she saw her husband bound fast by the strings of death, and then she wailingly addressed him as, "oh, nobleman's son..."

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/kishkindha/sarga19/kishkindha_19_frame.htm

Now ask yourself why the same epithet 'Arya' is being used by the author irrespective of the north-south divide / race / ethnicity / skin color etc. He wouldn't use the word 'Arya' if his intent was to be derisive to these people.

The Jain Ramayana says that the Vanaras were supernatural beings (not monkeys) with monkey as their flag emblem. Our epics have mixed it up with lot of imagination and metaphors over a period of time, if you are taking it literally then there is something wrong with you or perhaps you have the knowledge of unseen that we don't.

in north Ramayana is great epic .if we accept Hindi we have to accept there heritage means accepting our self as monkey.
Tamils have their own version of Ramayana, it's called Kamba Ramayana. Do you even know your own heritage ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramavataram

Nobody has an exclusive "claim" as you are trying to suggest, even S.E Asians have their own versions of Ramayana.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles