2010 Winter Olympics Discussion and Medal Count

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Opening ceremony is beginning, may the best win!!

Condolences to the Georgian killed in the luge crash

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Day 1 Medal Count

EU = 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze
Russia = 1 Bronze
USA = 0
Canada = 0
China = 0

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thought it was a rather lackluster opening ceremony. Did you all see Azerbaijan's pants?

WTH?

StealthSniper

First of all, RIP to the Georgian athlete who died and it was very sad to hear that he passed away from his Luge accident. Secondly as a Canadian I though it was a very, very good opening ceremony and alot of people were saying it was one of the best indoor opening ceremonies in the world and also they said it was a smart thing to do it indoors. I am very proud and very excited about the Olympics and hopefully Canada does very well overall and in Men's hockey.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Secondly as a Canadian I though it was a very, very good opening ceremony and alot of people were saying it was one of the best indoor opening ceremonies in the world and also they said it was a smart thing to do it indoors. I am very proud and very excited about the Olympics and hopefully Canada does very well overall and in Men's hockey.
I liked the projectors, favourite parts were the whales with the flash pots for the blow-holes and Nikki Yanofsky singing the anthem in French. Nelli and Bryan sounded like a broken record. The interpretive dancers looked like they were lost and that skruffy local tapdancer was a bore. That kid pretending he was Peter Pan just looked gay and that opera singer's vibrato just ruined the Olympic hyme. Then the cauldron wouldn't go up and Gretzky had to take it outside. I guess I had my hopes up after Beijing but I just wasn't entertained. Glad you Canadians are happy. Good luck in the medals.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Craziness in men's speed skating 1500m. The Koreans were 1-2-3 in the final turn and three wiped out the second into the wall. American 2-3... Koreans must be pissed.

StealthSniper

GO CANADA GO, # 1 in gold medals and their will be a gold medal game with Canada vs USA in hockey. Come on Canada show America what we are made of. GO CANADA GO.clap

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I couldn't believe USA whooped you in hockey.

StealthSniper

I couldn't believe USA whooped you in hockey.

I can't believe France only got 2 gold medals and have only 10 medals overall (Canada has double that and we only have 30 million people). And USA "whooped" alot of other teams to get to where they are. They are a good young team with an excellent goaltender. Underestimating your opponents is a amateur and dumb move. I thought you were smarter than that.

Last edited:

amoy

Korean is leading the way in Asia, 7th, up to date 6/6/2 (total 14). Probably Korea will be next Aisan host of Olympics Winter (Japan the 1st?)

StealthSniper

Korean is leading the way in Asia, 7th, up to date 6/6/2 (total 14). Probably Korea will be next Aisan host of Olympics Winter (Japan the 1st?)

South Korea has done pretty well, I know Russia will be the next host in 2014, after that I don't know.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I can't believe France only got 2 gold medals and have only 10 medals overall (Canada has double that and we only have 30 million people).
France didn't expect to get any gold with our two best skiers out with injuries. We are +1 from the 2006 games. The really poor showing in these games were the Brits. Only one medal. The Russian count was really low for them too.

And USA "whooped" alot of other teams to get to where they are. They are a good young team with an excellent goaltender. Underestimating your opponents is a amateur and dumb move. I thought you were smarter than that.
My intelligence has nothing to do with it. The Canadian press were the ones saying they were favoured for gold. I guess it is just the arrogance from the country that invented the game.

StealthSniper

France didn't expect to get any gold with our two best skiers out with injuries. We are +1 from the 2006 games. The really poor showing in these games were the Brits. Only one medal. The Russian count was really low for them too.
I think you are making excuses, We have more gold medals then France has overall, and I was expecting that France would be close to Germany (European neighbors, and have close populations). And at least Germany and Russia have hockey teams, what's the French excuse.

My intelligence has nothing to do with it. The Canadian press were the ones saying they were favoured for gold. I guess it is just the arrogance from the country that invented the game.

I don't care what the Canadian press were saying, you said "I couldn't believe USA whooped you in hockey". And I guess you were trying to say that the Canadian team isn't good or something. Well we might have lost to America, but we beat 3 consecutive teams (Germany, Russia, Slovakia) to get to play America again. And the Canadian press is right (we are still favored to win gold) but alot of teams have more talent and are improving every olympics and no team is easy to beat. For example, who would have thought that Russia and Sweden wouldn't get a medal at all? Sweden won the damn gold medal in 2006, so every country is getting better and better but Canada still has risen to the challenge.

At the end of the day, at least I can say I'm proud of my country and the tremendous hard work our athletes have done to get to where they are. We have accomplished our goals and we can stand tall and proud for the next 4 years for what we have done, and the countries that have done poorly should look at the mirror and ask themselves where they went wrong. The Olympics is a pressure sport with HUGE expectations, and winning and doing well is a huge boost for the respective country and gives the country bragging rights for the years to come. GO CANADA GO.

Last edited:

StealthSniper

Holy cow, Canada is even doing better than I thought it would. 12 GOLD MEDALS, a new record for Canada. I am so proud and happy right now. GO CANADA GO.clapclapclapclapclapclap

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think you should change your flag to Canada... your allegiance is clear.

StealthSniper

I think you should change your flag to Canada... your allegiance is clear.

Don't need to change anything, I am a proud Canadian and proud Indian, and everybody here knows this. Unfortunately, India isn't well represented in the winter Olympics and this really annoys me. If China can be in it I hope India can also be in it and maybe one day I can see both my countries participating in the Olympics. I can only dream that I will see India and Canada on the top of the podium, and hopefully one day my dream will become a reality. But until then, GO CANADA GO.

By the way Canada will have 26 medals (which will be higher than 2006) and we also will have the highest # of gold medals ever in Olympics (13 or 14).

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If Canada and India are on opposite sides of WWIII, who would you fight for?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You want to turn this into some national contest... your flag says India = 0 medals. End of discussion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles