'2.5 mn Muslims threaten to leave Facebook'

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Are they all pakistanis???..-0p+=..-0p+=..-0p+=

London: Angry over the removal of certain Islamic pages from Facebook, more than 2.5 million Muslim users are likely to quit the social networking website, according to a media report.
Following the removal of four extremely popular Islamic pages from the website, the Muslim community has expressed anger and a template letter that has been pasted into numerous Facebook pages accused the website's founder Mark Zuckerberg of "ignoring the feelings of more than 2.5 million Muslims", the Daily Mail reported.
The letter reads: "Although you have attended the world's best communication skills courses you have been most successful in growing great hatred and hostility between you and Muslims around the world, but seriously this time you have caused an almost unrepairable [sic] damage."

The letter demanded not only that the pages are reinstated but that new rules are introduced which make it a violation of Facebook's terms to post anti-Islamic comments.
Apart from reinstating the four deleted pages, the letter demanded the website to ban disrespecting Islamic religious symbols and disable any Facebook page which does so.
It warned that unless its demands are met Facebook's "2.5 million Muslim users" will join 'madina.com' -- a social networking site for Muslims.
A spokeswoman for Facebook said that the Islamic pages, which included "I love Mohammed" and "Quran Lovers", were taken down because they were being used to 'spam' users, which is against the company's policy.
The letter also accused Facebook of "irresponsible behaviour" for allowing to host "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" pages which sparked controversy for encouraging users to draw portraits of the Prophet.
According to the report, there is no specific ban on images of Allah or the Prophet Mohammed in the Quran but there is one line which is commonly taken to mean that it is impossible for human hands to recreate his likeness. To attempt to do so is an insult to Allah, it is believed.
Madina.com is a site set up specifically for the Muslim community. It pledges to abide by the Islamic principles and encourages unity among the community. It also asks female users not to use their photographs in their profile

NikSha

Oh noes..

This is what happens when you don't treat one of the biggest and most peaceful religion out there (seriously, Buddhists have nothing on them) with respect and dignity it deserves. I recommend that Facebook accepts their demands and makes sure that no one dares question their religion or prophet in the future, if they know what's good for them. Everyone should learn to follow their rules. We learned our lessons here in India (thanks to Congress) and we never got attacked or got in international news for some crazy mullah declaring fatwas like a terrorist. No sir.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Crazy people. Who issued this statement? Do they have the signature of all the 2.5 million muslims that they will leave? I aint leaving. I got in touch with all my mates from school after 15 years.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I got to meet some awesome people on FB! Why Bring in Religion??????? Why not just Connect with people??? I aint leaving!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The news report is rather vague.

It does not amplify the grievance beyond the fact that four popular pages were removed.

Why were they removed is not mentioned.

Therefore, to comment either way would be on assumptions.

I personally am not too enamoured by all these social networking sites. Possibly because I don't understand its utility and I do not wish to put my personal life out for public display.

There is an interesting extract that God said when asked by Moses as to who God was -I Am that I Am (Hebrew: אהיה אשר אהיה"Ž, pronounced Ehyeh asher ehyeh [Ê”ehˈje Ê”aˈʃer Ê”ehˈje]). It is a common English translation of the response God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for His name (Exodus 3:14).

One need not be God, but we are what we are!

Let other :emot158:

How is it used as spam is also not clarified.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What a tomfoolery!!
Who invited them to Facebook? Facebook Corp. doesn't care about such fcknuts. Those who don't like it can quit anytime. I didn't like frequently changing theme of Facebook some year ago so I quit it. But now use it daily....

Regardless of how much these brainless nuts shout or issue demands, its not going to make any difference. Even if they threaten to quit INTERNET, its not going to make any difference in the course of the world.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The fact that they have aired what they feel are their grievances, allows others to understand the mindset.

Understanding others is an important fact of human relations.

For instance, if there were no media, print or electronic, we would have never understood the mindset of the Pakistanis and why the latest round of talks failed. And not knowing the chicanery done by the Pakistanis, we would have been in blissful ignorance and dropped our guard to await another strike on us to shake us into the reality. By knowing what they (Pakistani govt) feel and how cussed they have been, we are now in a position to put pressure on them. In fact, we have and so they want to continue the baatcheet during the Afghanistan meet.

Therefore, if some community quits the Internet, we will be in a vacuum in so far as to knowing what's up. Or so I believe.

Forewarned is Forearmed!

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Thing is that Facebook has motives behind everything they do. They Deleted the Boycott BP Page, and even Deleted the Profile of the Person who started the Page! Later they said its a technical glitch! Maybe, there might be some guy who is kinda not that fond of Islam and deleted those pages!

But let me ask Muslims one thing. Are they there on facebook to propogate Islam? Facebook is for connecting people, and Yes, Pages if deleted are wrong, but then, why be touchy? If you want to propogate Islam, do it in real life, where its allowed in a decent way! Stop the Boycott Anthem! Muslims are making a fool of themselves! God Speed

Agantrope

Are they all pakistanis???..-0p+=..-0p+=..-0p+=

London: Angry over the removal of certain Islamic pages from Facebook, more than 2.5 million Muslim users are likely to quit the social networking website, according to a media report.
Following the removal of four extremely popular Islamic pages from the website, the Muslim community has expressed anger and a template letter that has been pasted into numerous Facebook pages accused the website's founder Mark Zuckerberg of "ignoring the feelings of more than 2.5 million Muslims", the Daily Mail reported.
The letter reads: "Although you have attended the world's best communication skills courses you have been most successful in growing great hatred and hostility between you and Muslims around the world, but seriously this time you have caused an almost unrepairable [sic] damage."

The letter demanded not only that the pages are reinstated but that new rules are introduced which make it a violation of Facebook's terms to post anti-Islamic comments.
Apart from reinstating the four deleted pages, the letter demanded the website to ban disrespecting Islamic religious symbols and disable any Facebook page which does so.
It warned that unless its demands are met Facebook's "2.5 million Muslim users" will join 'madina.com' -- a social networking site for Muslims.
A spokeswoman for Facebook said that the Islamic pages, which included "I love Mohammed" and "Quran Lovers", were taken down because they were being used to 'spam' users, which is against the company's policy.
The letter also accused Facebook of "irresponsible behaviour" for allowing to host "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" pages which sparked controversy for encouraging users to draw portraits of the Prophet.
According to the report, there is no specific ban on images of Allah or the Prophet Mohammed in the Quran but there is one line which is commonly taken to mean that it is impossible for human hands to recreate his likeness. To attempt to do so is an insult to Allah, it is believed.
Madina.com is a site set up specifically for the Muslim community. It pledges to abide by the Islamic principles and encourages unity among the community. It also asks female users not to use their photographs in their profile
Facebook has over 600 Million users and adding @ a rate of 100Million/ year. 2.5M isnt a good number. We dont need this @#$%#$^@#$ in the net for false propaganda

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ban them Ahmed LOL.

But yes, i fail to understand why they start pages like I love Quran etc. I mean yes all muslims love The Quran, but why have it on facebook? May be facebook should delete the option for religious groups itself. Why have anything of that at all?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Have you chaps read about Al Jazeera in the latest Readers Digest India?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Facebook is not an Government or globally accepted standards organization. It is just a website like any other. What's the big fuss about it? Go create yourself your own network. Just like people divided countries. But hey, make it original if you are genuine. Have so much energy in you? challenge the Facebook, burn them with your competition. Why waste the goddamn resources & time in your pity protests? :angry_10:

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Facebook is not an Government or globally accepted standards organization. It is just a website like any other. What's the big fuss about it? Go create yourself your own network. Just like people divided countries. But hey, make it original if you are genuine. Have so much energy in you? challenge the Facebook, burn them with your competition. Why waste the goddamn resources & time in your pity protests? :angry_10:
Coz protests are easiest thing to do than competing with FB.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Coz protests are easiest thing to do than competing with FB.
so it eventually proves weakness & incapability of these protestors & so called 2.5 million nuts... :emot15::emot15:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
so it eventually proves weakness & incapability of these protestors & so called 2.5 million nuts... :emot15::emot15:
Not really....Its all about making ur voice heard by creating mob/pelting stones etc.Whoever is successful in creating in biggest mob gets heard.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Not really....Its all about making ur voice heard by creating mob/pelting stones etc.Whoever is successful in creating in biggest mob gets heard.
Quite true. However I do not see these protesters gaining anything than news headlines. On the other hand, Facebook will be benefited with more hits due to this publicity.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Have you chaps read about Al Jazeera in the latest Readers Digest India?
Stopped RD subscription a couple of years back. Nothing on its website that can be read as its subscribed. So whats in it sir?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
People please. Has anyone read the article ? The Headlines is suggesting that 2.5 million muslims are threatening to leave whereas the article says that "a template letter that has been pasted into numerous Facebook pages accused the website's founder Mark Zuckerberg of "ignoring the feelings of more than 2.5 million Muslims". Classic case of yellow journalism.

Agantrope

People please. Has anyone read the article ? The Headlines is suggesting that 2.5 million muslims are threatening to leave whereas the article says that "a template letter that has been pasted into numerous Facebook pages accused the website's founder Mark Zuckerberg of "ignoring the feelings of more than 2.5 million Muslims". Classic case of yellow journalism.
If you feel pissed then quit the site. Don't threaten, if planned to do, then do don't show off my 2.5Mn fantatic people living in the old medival ages. This is 21st Century and it might not be a place for you (Singh, you are not mentioned here :D). Mark Zuckerberg is a not a christian (probably), why do he dare about other religions. If not comfortable go create our your own site and fight there.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles