1965 Indo-Pak war: Facts and Fiction

DocK

Country flag
US had given pakis Patton tank, the tank was hyped to be an indestructible tank . So many Patton tanks were destroyed that it became a major embarrassment for the americans. My father told me when I was younger that homi Bhabha had created special bombs just to destroy the Patton tanks and it was a major success. Since the destruction of Patton s by India . US has not sent any tanks to pakis.
I had heard that US/China threatened India with nuclear weapons. (US was trying to make bed with China.)

Homi Bhabha then promised to reply with Indian Atomic bomb. That threat worked well for India but not for Bhabha. He was soon eliminated for his patriotism.

Country flag
I had heard that US/China threatened India with nuclear weapons. (US was trying to make bed with China.)

Homi Bhabha then promised to reply with Indian Atomic bomb. That threat worked well for India but not for Bhabha. He was soon eliminated for his patriotism.
China was asked by Nixon to attack India from the west during the 1971 india pak war. Don’t think US
China ties were that good in 1965?? After taking Tibet China has been nuclearizing Tibet . It may have hastened the Indian nuke program??

Blademaster

China was asked by Nixon to attack India from the west during the 1971 india pak war. Don’t think US
China ties were that good in 1965?? After taking Tibet China has been nuclearizing Tibet . It may have hastened the Indian nuke program??
And people blamed India for starting a nuclear race in South Asia when it was the US and China all along that was responsible for this race.

Kumaoni

Here’s an excerpt from a book by Brig. Jasbir Singh SM. He served with the 4th battalion of the Kumaon Regiment (Major Somnath Sharma’s paltan).

This battalion in 1965, captured a large trac of land in Tangdhar/Northern Kashmir sector. It beat back heavy enemy counter attacks and destroyed a vital bridge post ceasefire.

This is just one of the many eveterans of the 1965 war which felt betrayed by politicians.

Btw, I highlighted something. The religious part. Yes, the army is indeed secular organization, but some of the most Zealous Hindus in my Family were from the Indian Army. Hinduism plays an important part for Hindu soldiers of the army.
25E7C44A-657F-463F-91D6-655D01A72CA2.jpeg
5C5A42C9-3E08-4B0C-AE2E-74DBAAC700C1.jpeg

Kumaoni

Col Parashar, retd veteran of 6 JAK LI. Unit captured several posts in Sialkot sector, also confirms the same
D095D2D5-9D3E-4C6A-8EA7-CD5161BFFDD0.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles