126 killed in two Baghdad bombings, Islamic State claims responsibility

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Baghdad: Nearly 126 people were killed and 200 wounded in two bombings overnight in Baghdad, most of them in a busy shopping area as residents celebrated Ramzan, police and medical sources said on Sunday.

The attack on the shopping area of Karrada is the deadliest since US-backed Iraqi forces last month scored a major victory when it dislodged Islamic State from their stronghold of Falluja, an hour's drive west of the capital. It is also the deadliest so far this year.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had ordered the offensive after a series of deadly bombings in Baghdad, saying Falluja served as a launchpad for such attacks on the capital. However, bombings have continued.

People inspect the site of a suicide car bomb in the Karrada shopping area, in Baghdad. Reuters

A convoy carrying Abadi who had come to tour the site of the bombings was pelted with stones and bottles by residents, angry at what they felt were false promises of better security.

A refrigerator truck packed with explosives blew up in the central district of Karrada, killing 115 people and injuring at least 200. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement circulated online by supporters of the ultra-hard line Sunni group. It said the blast was a suicide bombing.

Link

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
this is confusing. the report doesn't mention that most victims were shias or it was a shia-majority distt. then whats the reason for this/these bombings?!!

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Read this news in the morning. Didn't post as its getting to be a routine thing in Baghdad.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
this is confusing. the report doesn't mention that most victims were shias or it was a shia-majority distt. then whats the reason for this/these bombings?!!
I think its the same old Wahabis waging war on the Shias.

Ancient Indian

Here is another report.
130 killed in IS-led bombings on Iraqi Shias

BAGHDAD: At least 130 people, including children and women, were killed in two overnight bombings in Baghdad, most of them in busy areas, as residents shopped ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr, police and medical sources said on Sunday.

In the deadliest bombing -- the most lethal single attack in Baghdad this year -- which hit Karada, a busy shopping district in the centre of Baghdad, 125 shoppers were killed and over 100 others wounded, according to police and medics.

The second blast -- of an improvised explosive device -- in eastern Baghdad left five people dead and 16 others wounded. It was earlier reported that a bobby-trapped car blew up in the area. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

The Karada street in the mainly Shia area thronged with crowds shopping ahead of the Eid festival.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Here is another report.
130 killed in IS-led bombings on Iraqi Shias

BAGHDAD: At least 130 people, including children and women, were killed in two overnight bombings in Baghdad, most of them in busy areas, as residents shopped ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr, police and medical sources said on Sunday.

In the deadliest bombing -- the most lethal single attack in Baghdad this year -- which hit Karada, a busy shopping district in the centre of Baghdad, 125 shoppers were killed and over 100 others wounded, according to police and medics.

The second blast -- of an improvised explosive device -- in eastern Baghdad left five people dead and 16 others wounded. It was earlier reported that a bobby-trapped car blew up in the area. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

The Karada street in the mainly Shia area thronged with crowds shopping ahead of the Eid festival.
I wonder what's so peaceful about these muslims and what's so holy about this month?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
If this is the love they show to their fellow muslims, I shudder to think what they will do us.
What a screwed up Ideology and religion.
And they blame USA for it. Like they are innocent babies and USA hoodwinking them.
I hate it when they blame USA instead of admitting the fault in their religion. If not USA, they blame the Jews. They will always keep finding excuses and that's why this diseases is incurable.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I agree with you. They keep big strain on humanity.
It is like whatever compassion the world show on them, they piss on it in the end.
The problem is the very root of it - Quran. I'm telling you, think of it as a social experiment. Ban Quran for one generation and the world will know peace.

Ancient Indian

The problem is the very root of it - Quran. I'm telling you, think of it as a social experiment. Ban Quran for one generation and the world will know peace.
who will ban quran?
Who dares to do it ?

World has forgotten what valour and battle means.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
who will ban quran?
Who dares to do it ?

World has forgotten what valour and battle means.
I know. It is not possible literally in this world. But that is the root of the problems and this is the solution. Got to start somewhere. One by one, every country needs to become Japan. Then they will realize.

Ancient Indian

I know. It is not possible literally in this world. But that is the root of the problems and this is the solution. Got to start somewhere. One by one, every country needs to become Japan. Then they will realize.
Japan is hardly an influential country, spiritual-wise.
The distance is too much to take inspiration from them.
Worries of second and third world are different compared to first world.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Japan is hardly an influential country, spiritual-wise.
The distance is too much to take inspiration from them.
Worries of second and third world are different compared to first world.
Influence and distance doesn't matter. Just follow their laws. Ban muslim citizenship in your country like Japan did.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles