120 Kashmiri youths inducted into Indian Army

FRYCRY

Country flag
As many as 120 youths hailing from different parts of Jammu and Kashmir were on Monday inducted as soldiers in the army after successfully completing a 42-week training course here.

"The majestic Bana Singh Parade Ground at the J-K Light Infantry Regimental Centre (at Rangreth on the outskirts of Srinagar), showcased its latest batch of 120 passing-out recruits from J-K.

"Marching in precise unison with a singular aim of devoting themselves to the nation's cause, singing their Regimental Song 'Balidanam Veer Lakshnam', the young soldiers inspired one and all as their voice echoed in the Valley," Public Relations Officer (Defence), Col NN Joshi, said.

The passing out parade was reviewed by a decorated veteran, Col (retd) Virendra Kumar, Vir Chakra, and was attended by over 1,000 parents and relations of the young soldiers from across the state along with a number of civil and military dignitaries, Joshi said.

The 'Oath Ceremony' reflected the indomitable spirit of the young soldiers, he said, adding that "their ceremonial ardour and salute to the tricolour... inspired patriotic vigour in all present".

Kumar, in his address, congratulated the young soldiers for their immaculate parade and spoke of rendering selfless service to the nation.

He praised their contribution towards encouraging more and more youth from J-K to come forward to join the Indian security forces and also underlined the vital role played by parents in motivating their wards for the same.

As a mark of respect and recognition of the contribution made by the parents of these young soldiers, they were presented with 'Gaurav Padaks' instituted by the army, the PRO said.

Read more at http://www.thestatesman.com/news/la...to-indian-army/93383.html#l1WSi6WrPi0cbU8i.99

Blackwater

Send them to POK as part of operation gibraltar part 2[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji38]

sob

Mod
Country flag
So in this part of Kashmir youth are joining the IA and on the other side we have violent protests and the people in POK want to join India. Interesting times ahead for us.

As Indian economy accelerates and Pakistani stagnates the trouble in POK, Balochistan and other areas will only increase.

Jagdish58

Are the inducted citizens Muslims or how many of them are Muslims ?
This is very important.
Indian army is secular organisation where there is no room for quota business ,hence doesn't matter whether they are buddist, muslims or Kashmiri pandits they are Indians hailing from J&K

only secular party like congress & swine's like owaisi's will sensor recruitment with religion and caste

sob

Mod
Country flag
Indian army is secular organisation where there is no room for quota business ,hence doesn't matter whether they are buddist, muslims or Kashmiri pandits they are Indians hailing from J&K

only secular party like congress & swine's like owaisi's will sensor recruitment with religion and caste
Well replied to a very senseless question.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
we already have many Muslims serving in the security forces (police, paramilitary, etc.) in that region/valley. but i guess the intention of @I_PLAY_BAD in asking the question may've been to know whether then this marks the changing outlook of the Kashmiri (Muslim) youth towards GoI and the Indian Army, which is why they are showing interest in joining the Force. this would indeed be a very welcome change and a damn good sign/effect of the goodwill work the Army's been doing there!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The muslims from J&K in the army are usually Shias from Kargil or other regions.

DingDong

Country flag
But isn't entire Kashmir majority Shias?
Shias constitute less than 15% of J&K population. Sunnis are around 99% in POK. Shias of the valley may face similar fate like the Kashmiri Pundits, large number of them have already migrated to Jammu and Laddakh regions. That is the reason behind increase in %ge of Muslim population in Laddakh.

I_PLAY_BAD

You are not understanding the reason I asked that.
If at all in future India has to strengthen its Kashmir-integral-part-of-India mantra the people recruited by IA from Kashmir must have considerable Muslim recruits.
I think I don't have to explain anymore.

I_PLAY_BAD

If they won't join they will be anti national, if they will join they will become ISI agents. #Sanghi_Logic
Can you deny the potential truth in that ?
I will trust a sangi brain rather than a filthy-sickular-poop brain of yours.

I_PLAY_BAD

we already have many Muslims serving in the security forces (police, paramilitary, etc.) in that region/valley. but i guess the intention of @I_PLAY_BAD in asking the question may've been to know whether then this marks the changing outlook of the Kashmiri (Muslim) youth towards GoI and the Indian Army, which is why they are showing interest in joining the Force. this would indeed be a very welcome change and a damn good sign/effect of the goodwill work the Army's been doing there!
Kashmir will merge more with India if the recruits are Muslims too.
As you said the perspective of IA and GoI will take a toss in the valley.
Thanks for correctly cracking my intention unlike some foolish sickulars.

I_PLAY_BAD

Well replied to a very senseless question.
The intention of the question alone can render it sensible or senseless.

You/me/we may be secular but not Kashmiris and Pakistanis who lay claim on them.
Tomorrow if Pakistan uses non-participation of Kashmiris in Indian Government institutions
where will we keep our faces ? Will be able to strongly defend our reason to claim whole of Kashmir in front of those who question our governance in Kashmir ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What do you think of this ? Recruiting Kashmiri Muslims is a game changer.
Its not a game changer in anyway. The fact still remains that Muslims are less than 3% of the armed forces. And this is not new BTW, it has been so for some time niw

asingh10

Kashmir will merge more with India if the recruits are Muslims too.
As you said the perspective of IA and GoI will take a toss in the valley.
Thanks for correctly cracking my intention unlike some foolish sickulars.
Vijayanagara hired Muslim soldiers , how did that work at Talikota? Netaji Subhash Bose's Muslims in INA deserted for pan Islam when Turkey joined Allies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles