11 Dead in Shooting at French Satirical Weekly's Office in Paris

Redhawk

Then it is time for you to take some remedial steps.

I am sure you are not hamstrung by votebank politics like the UK.

What actions are being taken?

What is being done to assimilate them into the Australian ethos and away from radicalism?
And what "remedial steps" would you suggest, Ray?

We don't want them in Australian society! Full stop! We want them to pack up and go away. Failing that, I am hoping for a government that will intern Moslems, strip them of their Australian citizenship, and deport them to a faraway place, like Somalia or Iraq. They cannot be assimilated into Australian society. They are the adherents of a barbarous religion which is inherently anti-Western civilisation. Islam is an inherently radical or militant religion, call it what you like, that is inherently inimical to the Western way of life. Full stop! Moslem immigration in Australia should never have been allowed to proceed.

If India could not assimilate scores of millions of Moslems in India after centuries and that is why Pakistan was created, what chance does Australia have after a few decades? Get real! Assimilation of Moslems in Australian society is not going to happen in a thousand years, if the country lasts that long.

Country flag
Quite right! Moslems ought not to take this from the arrogant West. I'd pack up and go and live in a Moslem country if I were them! Why live in the arrogant West when they can live in a beautiful, peaceful Moslem country!
Why can't west be peaceful and give parts of their country?(sarcasm)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If India could not assimilate scores of millions of Moslems in India after centuries and that is why Pakistan was created, what chance does Australia have after a few decades? Get real! Assimilation of Moslems in Australian society is not going to happen in a thousand years, if the country lasts that long.
Sorry to butt in your conversation with @Ray

Would like to point out a correction in your assumption, majority of Muslims have integrated in a good way into indian society. Our contention is only with those Muslims who put religion before the country there by leaning towards anti-nationalistic sentiments. As a example I had a Muslim friend in school who was last of three sons. His mother prepared him early from childhood that he is born to serve the nation. First son was meant for looking after their family business, second son was designated to be educated, third for our armed forces. I think we were 15/16 at that time and this guy would jump from building to building four floors up I.e 50 foot drop.

Those muslims who have integrated well into indian society cannot be distinguished in our general life unless they tell you their name. They are doing well for themselves. Only those who have come into the trap of secular politics are an issue. I hope the negative comments you hear on this forum are meant for Muslims with anti-nationalistic tendencies and not the indian Muslim community as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhawk

Would like to point out a correction in your assumption, majority of Muslims have integrated in a good way into indian society. Our contention is only with those Muslims who put religion before the country there by leaning towards anti-nationalistic sentiments. As a example I had a Muslim friend in school who was last of three sons. His mother prepared him early from childhood that he is born to serve the nation. First son was meant for looking after their family business, second son was designated to be educated, third for our armed forces. I think we were 15/16 at that time and this guy would jump from building to building four floors up I.e 50 foot drop.

Those muslims who have integrated well into indian society cannot be distinguished in our general life unless they tell you their name. They are doing well for themselves. Only those who have come into the trap of secular politics are an issue. I hope the negative comments you hear on this forum are meant for Muslims with anti-nationalistic tendencies and not the indian Muslim community as a whole.
O.k. I can dig it. There's a difference between Indian Moslems and Pakistanis. O.k. that still leaves about 180 million Moslems in Pakistan and about 176 million Moslems in India, according to Google. So between the Moslems in India and in Pakistan there isn't much between them. So yeah, a lot of those Moslems in India are loyal Indians. That's good. But they are also ethnic Indians or members of ethnic groups that have been in India for centuries.

Moslems in Australia are not ethnically Australians; they are foreign ethnic groups introduced into Australia and ethnically different from the host population. That's bad.

As I have said several times on this forum, most Moslems are Arabs and those Arab Moslems that were born in Australia identify themselves this way: No. 1 they identify as Moslems, not an ethnic group, but a religious group that identifies with non-European/non-Western peoples, so they are making a statement about their ethnicity by identifying themselves as Moslems; No. 2 they identify as Arabs, their main ethnic group or race; No. 3 they identify with the nationality of their parents or of their forebears/ancestors, that is they identify as an Arab nationality, e.g. Lebanese, Iraqi, Egyptian, Palestinian, etc.; then at No. 4 they might, and I stress might, identify as Australian if they were born in the country, but this is unlikely as it is so far down on the list that it hardly matters, to either them or us.

So you see, they themselves and we ourselves don't really consider them Australians: if they as Moslems don't consider themselves Australians, why should we?

The ball is in their court, not ours. Game, set, and match.

Country flag
@Redhawk

Just curious How do other minorities mostly Asians identify themselves in Australia?

Redhawk

@Redhawk

Just curious How do other minorities mostly Asians identify themselves in Australia?
Good question.

It depends on the original nationality and ethnicity of the person concerned. For example, some young Chinese will identify themselves as ABCs: Australian-born Chinese. Many ethnic Chinese whose families have been in Australia five or six generations will identify themselves first and foremost as Chinese. Some members of these older Chinese-Australian families will identify as, for example, a fourth-generation-Australian-born Chinese. Many will identify as Chinese-Australian or, conversely, Australian-Chinese. Some, a minority, will identify as Australians, first and foremost, of Han Chinese descent. The Chinese are very ethnocentric and are a good example as they are an old non-European community.

If I wanted to put my ethnic group forward first in the manner of many Chinese I would identify myself as a fifth-generation-Australian-born Anglo-Saxon, taking Anglo-Saxon in its true and full meaning of being English or of English descent, not just of Northern European descent as it is erroneously used in America. But identifying myself this way would be, rather stupidly, considered racist in some circles in this country.

Other ethnic minorities I shall discuss later, but right now I must retire for the night as it is dreadfully late and in the small hours of the morning. Good night! And have a great Republic Day for 26 Jan.!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I am sure that there are some excellent Muslims and there can be no doubt about that. No one nor I can deny that.

However, the issue should be looked at holistically and not by stray examples.

However, like it or not, giving the cock-eyed Indian politics of vote bank that has only encouraged the Indian mentality, it has thrown up the special Muslim identity in the forefront, rather than they being Indians. And the continuous attempt to indicate that Muslims are the sole deprived community and so they require special attention. For instance the inane nonsense from Manmohan Singh:
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh courted controversy in his address at the National Development Council on Saturday by saying that Muslims should have the first claim on the country's resources.PM's priority: Muslim development - IBNLive
What did it do?

Highlighted a silly point only to score a political brownie and also divide society. Deepening the schism. And also giving grist to the idea that it is the Muslims alone being deprived.

This type of stupidity of people like MMS (who was only following the Leaders diktat) that has given the unfortunate support/sympathy to such coots as Togadi and the MP from Gorakhpur (whose name I forget).

That apart, AQ exploited that simmering anger and organised the 9/11 and hell broke loose. The War on Terror followed and founded a pan Islamism that was not there in earlier times, even if simmering.

The imagined 'disinheriting' and 'unfair treatment' of Indian Muslim that was actually promoted by the so called 'secular' forces and the 'hurt', 'pain' and the feeling of being 'persecuted' by the whole world has made the Muslims galvanise their identity to be more upfront and indefinable as if to cock a snook at the world. And most of the Indian Muslim, as most of the Indians of all religious denomination, feel deprived. While the other Indian have no singular identity or cohesion as one group, the Muslims of various denomination have since no other religion has the concept of worldwide 'oneness' except Islam because of the idea of 'ummah', merely based on religion. They are made aware of their singular identity right from childhood and now, given prominence, being the world end of the world's stick over terrorism that has been unleashed worldwide by the fundamentalist groups within their society.

The fact that there is the concept of 'ummah', virulent statements and fatwas by those revered by the Muslims as the last word i.e. the Maulavis and Mullahs, some supporting terrorism justifiable by the so called jihad has only allowed the Muslims feel that they are justified in maintaining and celebrating their separatism and separate and unique identity. All this has made others apprehensive of them and maybe even scared of them. That is why you find all the confusion in this world, to include on this forum.

Indian Muslims are good people, but they are also confused and their confusion encourages many of them, especially the illiterate and semi literate, who form the majority of the lumpen elements of the Muslim ranks to act in bizarre ways that not only put the fair name of Indian Muslims in jeopardy and only adds to the fear of the unknown amongst others.

I would therefore not be the one to not coo politically correctness that has been indoctrinated in us through the mischievous and self serving body politic of India over the last 66 years.

I feel sorry for the Indian Muslims since they feel trapped and confused as to what is the reality and what have they done to deserve this fate.

I have commanded many a Muslim soldiers and they are no less that anyone in patriotism and loyalty. But they are different, as are other religious groups in the Army.

The reason?

While we respect and practice religion, yet we do not allow it the prominence that would defeat the oneness of the concept of being Indians, Such divisions would only defeat the purpose of the unit, the Regiment, the Army and the Nation in our task to defend the sovereignty and the territorial integrity of our country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Quite right! Moslems ought not to take this from the arrogant West. I'd pack up and go and live in a Moslem country if I were them! Why live in the arrogant West when they can live in a beautiful, peaceful Moslem country!
The idea that Why live in the arrogant West when they can live in a beautiful, peaceful Moslem country is what is not understood.

People who emigrate to other countries from their own for whatever reason, must realise they cannot have their cake and eat it too.

If that is realised, then there will be a harmonious interoperability and peace.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And what "remedial steps" would you suggest, Ray?

We don't want them in Australian society! Full stop! We want them to pack up and go away. Failing that, I am hoping for a government that will intern Moslems, strip them of their Australian citizenship, and deport them to a faraway place, like Somalia or Iraq. They cannot be assimilated into Australian society. They are the adherents of a barbarous religion which is inherently anti-Western civilisation. Islam is an inherently radical or militant religion, call it what you like, that is inherently inimical to the Western way of life. Full stop! Moslem immigration in Australia should never have been allowed to proceed.

By remedial steps I mean that once you have accepted them on your shores and they are your citizens, you have to assimilate them into your culture by taking steps that make them realise they are Australians first and whatever religion they profess is secondary.

If you feel that Assimilation of Moslems in Australian society is not going to happen in a thousand years, if the country lasts that long, well then you should not have taken them in, in the first place. Now that they are there, you have to see how best you can make them feel as Australians.

In this political correct world, like it or not, you cannot show racial or religious annoyance.

Last edited:

Redhawk

By remedial steps I mean that once you have accepted them on your shores and they are your citizens, you have to assimilate them into your culture by taking steps that make them realise they are Australians first and whatever religion they profess is secondary.

If you feel that Assimilation of Moslems in Australian society is not going to happen in a thousand years, if the country lasts that long, well then you should not have taken them in, in the first place. Now that they are there, you have to see how best you can make them feel as Australians.

In this political correct world, like it or not, you cannot show racial or religious annoyance.
Well, naturally, we should not have taken them in in the first place. I certainly would not have allowed Moslem immigration to Australia, but I'm not in charge and I don't make the decisions or make policy. Things would've been very different had I been in charge. The Australian government very foolishly allowed Moslem immigration into Australia and now we have to live with it.

Last edited:

Redhawk

The idea that Why live in the arrogant West when they can live in a beautiful, peaceful Moslem country is what is not understood.

People who emigrate to other countries from their own for whatever reason, must realise they cannot have their cake and eat it too.

If that is realised, then there will be a harmonious interoperability and peace.
Ideally, that is right. But Moslems do want it both ways: they want the quality of life of the West while at the same time refusing to adapt to the society and culture of the host country.

katsung47

The Charlie Hebdo Attack: Characteristics of a False Flag Operation?

By Dr. Paul Craig Roberts

Global Research, January 14, 2015

The Charlie Hebdo affair has many of the characteristics of a false flag operation. The attack on the cartoonists' office was a disciplined professional attack of the kind associated with highly trained special forces; yet the suspects who were later corralled and killed seemed bumbling and unprofessional. It is like two different sets of people.

Usually Muslim terrorists are prepared to die in the attack; yet the two professionals who hit Charlie Hebdo were determined to escape and succeeded, an amazing feat. Their identity was allegedly established by the claim that they conveniently left for the authorities their ID in the getaway car. Such a mistake is inconsistent with the professionalism of the attack and reminds me of the undamaged passport found miraculously among the ruins of the two WTC towers that served to establish the identity of the alleged 9/11 hijackers.

It is a plausible inference that the ID left behind in the getaway car was the ID of the two Kouachi brothers, convenient patsies, later killed by police, and from whom we will never hear anything, and not the ID of the professionals who attacked Charlie Hebdo. An important fact that supports this inference is the report that the third suspect in the attack, Hamyd Mourad, the alleged driver of the getaway car, when seeing his name circulating on social media as a suspect realized the danger he was in and quickly turned himself into the police for protection against being murdered by security forces as a terrorist.

Hamyd Mourad says he has an iron-clad alibi. If so, this makes him the despoiler of a false flag attack. Authorities will have to say that despite being wrong about Mourad, they were right about the Kouachi brothers. Alternatively, Mourad could be coerced or tortured into some sort of confession that supports the official story.

The American and European media have ignored the fact that Mourad turned himself in for protection from being killed as a terrorist as he has an alibi. I googled Hamid Mourad and all I found (January 12) was the main US and European media reporting that the third suspect had turned himself in. The reason for his surrender was left out of the reports. The news was reported in a way that gave credence to the accusation that the suspect who turned himself in was part of the attack on Charlie Hebdo. Not a single US mainstream media source reported that the alleged suspect turned himself in because he has an ironclad alibi.

The Charlie Hebdo Attack: Characteristics of a False Flag Operation? | Global Research

sorcerer

Country flag
Romance, Religion, & Idealism: Why Western Women Join IS

Western women are joining the Islamic State (IS, aka ISIS) group in Syria and Iraq for a variety of reasons including religious idealism, a belief that Muslims are being systematically oppressed, and a desire for romance and friendship, according to a new report by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, a Britain-based think tank.

The report, titled Becoming Mulan? Female Western Migrants To ISIS, examines the social media postings of a number of European and North American women recruits to the IS group.

Six of the women whose social media postings are used in the report come from Britain, two come from the Netherlands, one from France, one from Canada, and one is believed to be from Austria.

The motivations given by the women for joining the IS group in Syria and Iraq reflect those stated by male foreign recruits. The women sampled for the report said that Muslims around the world were being oppressed and that there was a larger war against Islam being waged by the "kuffar" ("infidels"). Many used their social media accounts to post images of violence against Muslims, including children.

The use of graphic images, particularly of women and children, as part of a narrative that talks about Muslim oppression at the hands of non-Muslims, as a recruitment has been reported by other IS recruits, including Chechen men who say they joined the IS group or other militant factions in Syria before becoming disillusioned and coming home.

The black and white worldview of a global struggle between Muslims and the "infidels" who seek to systematically oppress them, as presented by Western women recruits to the IS group, is also a noticeable thread in pro-jihadi accounts run by Russian-speaking supporters of both the IS group and other factions in Syria.

Islamic Utopia

Beyond supporting the concept that the IS group's creation of a "caliphate" -- an Islamic state run according to the IS group's interpretation of Shari'a Law -- is a duty for all Muslims, the Western women IS recruits also expressed a desire to contribute to the idea (or ideal) of such a "caliphate."

One woman, Umm Ubaydah, wrote that "we don't resort to violence because of the wrong America has done. We are trying to build an Islamic state that lives and abides by the law of Allah." :pat:

Similar motivations were found among some Central Asian women who joined the IS group because of the "call of a devout life, or an Islamic environment for their children," a recent report by the International Crisis Group found.

Another key theme expressed by the Western women who joined the IS group in Syria and Iraq is the concept of marriage to a "mujahid" ("jihadi fighter"). The report notes that the "imagery of a lion and a lioness, of finding a brave and noble husband" is widespread among the IS group's female supporters. [They still believe in fairy tales :pat: ]

Media reports have also demonstrated that, beyond the romantic ideal of the "caliphate," another push factor persuading women to leave their families and join Islamic State is the idea of worldly romance. In one such case, a Dutch teenager ran away to Syria to marry a militant named Yilmaz, a Dutch-Turkish man who had previously served in the Dutch military.

Just A 'Normal Housewife'?

Once in IS-controlled territory, the Western women recruits lead a predominantly domestic life, with tasks in the home filling their everyday lives, the report found.

One woman, Umm Layth, wrote that an IS female recruit's "normal day...revolves around the same duties as a normal housewife."

However, in Umm Layth's view, even the most quotidian domestic tasks are imbued with a sense of happiness, because the IS recruits are doing them "for the sake of Allah."

"I have come across such beautiful sisters who will spend mornings and nights in happiness because they are cooking the Mujahideen [militants'] food," Umm Layth wrote.

The Strategic Dialogue report suggests several ways that could be used to counter the IS group's allure for, and recruitment of, women.

According to the report, counternarratives that push back against those of the IS group should be developed specifically for a female audience, and targeted via social media.

Strategies involving the women's families should also be employed to help them prevent their female relatives from leaving to join the IS group.

-- Joanna Paraszczuk

Romance, Religion, & Idealism: Why Western Women Join IS

Survival of the most idiotic!!

katsung47

Vindicated: Paris events meet the false flag checklist

January 12, 2015
By Jay | Jay's Analysis

Already numerous patterns I listed in my initial analysis, as well as others consonant with false flags, have made themselves apparent in the Paris shooting and hostage incidents. Also apparent are the predictable results that follow these events. We have seen all of the following:
https://jaysanalysis.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/fullsizerender.jpg?w=444&h=350
1. Mass mainstream media buildup and rollout, with ready-made "placards" to call global attention to event

2. Questionable videos and details of the event, as well as drills or security buildup prior

3. Military training for the perpetrators, while the "terror" suspects with deep state connections and rap sheets run free

4. A false dialectic of left versus radicalism polarizing public consumption of propaganda

5. Investigators and key individuals in the event end up "suicided"

6. Media quickly fingers low IQ duped patsies based on magical ID appearance (think 9/11)

7. More funding for militarization, surveillance and police state with media replaying past terror events ad nauseam

Webster Tarpley explains of the purpose of synthetic terror: "Terrorism thus has been known to provide a means of social control. Parts of the US oligarchy are today almost euphoric about the seemingly endless panorama of possibilities of exploiting terrorism they believe they see before them. But it is now wide to build an entire state and social order on terrorism." (Synthetic Terror, pg. 88)

https://jaysanalysis.files.wordpres...of-a-false-flag-terror-attack.jpg?w=300&h=256

sorcerer

Country flag
To the conspiracy theorists!!
If this is staged.'
What did France do in the aftermath of this event to the cause of ISIS that will benefit the US exchequer? The trail ends there!!

katsung47

I think the Paris Hebdo attack was a false flag one which was a warning and punishment on France for its compromise to the Russia. Russia is the top consideration in US world strategy right now. That's why they planned this "terror attack" and of course the top US leader won't present in Paris parade.

Hollande Risks EU Split Over Russian Sanctions Relief
By James G. Neuger Dec 19, 2014

Europe stumbled into a debate over the end of sanctions on the economically distressed Russia after French President Francois Hollande became the first major leader to dangle the prospect of easing the curbs.

Hollande's appeal at a European Union summit yesterday was a reminder that the bans on financing of major Russian banks and the export of energy-exploration equipment will lapse next July unless renewed unanimously by the 28 EU governments.

Hollande Risks EU Split Over Russian Sanctions Relief - Bloomberg Business

sorcerer

Country flag
Pensioner jailed for attacking French mosque
A French court has sentenced a 69-year-old man to prison for throwing plaster grenades and shooting at a mosque in western France. The man said he had acted in anger over a deadly attack by Islamist gunmen on satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

The court on Wednesday sentenced Jacques Chaillou, a former psychiatric nurse with no criminal record, to three years in jail. He is expected to serve only the first year as the rest of his sentence is suspended.

Chaillou launched four plaster grenades and fired a rifle at the mosque in the city of Le Mans on the night of January 7, hours after two gunmen killed 12 people in a deadly rampage at Charlie Hebdo's Paris offices. There were no casualties in the mosque attack
Chaillou, who has been detained since his arrest in mid-January, told investigators he "doubted" there would have been anyone at the mosque at the time of the attack.

On Tuesday he told the court "he was not proud" and described being upset by the death of the Charlie Hebdo journalists. The pensioner said he had been drinking and his action was "spontaneous".

"I am a Republican, an atheist, and what happened at Charlie Hebdo infuriated me. [The Charlie Hebdo attack] is a barrier to the independence of the press in our country," he said.

Spike in anti-Muslim acts

The prosecutor said Chaillou's act had been committed "against a backdrop of racial prejudice and stigmatisation".

Attacks against mosques in France have sharply escalated since January's terrorist attacks on Charlie Hebdo and a Paris kosher store. A total of 176 Islamaphobic acts have been committed in January, more than in the whole of 2014, according to France's Interior Ministry.

Mohamed Lamaachi, the imam of the mosque Chaillou attacked in Le Mans, said the Muslim community "condemned this Islamophobic act" but forgave the 69 year-old, since followers of Islam are "educated on forgiveness and respect".

"If he comes to the mosque, he will be greeted with tea and couscous," Lamaachi said.

Chaillou's lawyer Stephane Cornille said he would consult his client on whether to appeal the sentence.

France - Pensioner jailed for attacking French mosque - France 24

Global Defence

New threads

Articles