We are not here to debate RAM or ALLAH

A.V.

of late there has been too many debates going on with religion at the center topic of discussion as we are a mature board we do allow a bit of cultural debates on our history and culture section but first and for most its defence first

and many a time the mods has been drawn to such debates just to keep things sane and simplified here because we believe every member must be given a change to express themselves completely before any action is taken

henceforth we will try and see members dont get oppurtunity to malign any religious believes because DFI is a place which respects each and every religion and the diversity of its members and staff who come from various backgrounds is a testimony to that.

we suggest all such members who want to debate religion find a religious forum or join one of the hate forums that are around where insulting any religious and name calling is the order of the day.

please keep things simple.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
DFI use to follow a policy of not allowing religious discussions when it was formed. It was only when a few members who committed to have a mature discussion on certain religious topics that we did start to allow such debates and discussions here.

Just recently we have seen a spate of threads on religion. Bashing has also come into pic. I think it would be best to go back to our old policy of strictly no religious discussion or at best have just one thread to discuss any religious topic which will be heavily moderated.

SHASH2K2

DFI use to follow a policy of not allowing religious discussions when it was formed. It was only when a few members who committed to have a mature discussion on certain religious topics that we did start to allow such debates and discussions here.

Just recently we have seen a spate of threads on religion. Bashing has also come into pic. I think it would be best to go back to our old policy of strictly no religious discussion or at best have just one thread to discuss any religious topic which will be heavily moderated.
I dont see any problem with discussing religion but people should definitely restrain themself from making derogatory remarks about religions. Till yestarday night Everything was going on smoothly and we had very good and healthy debate. Issue like this may come from time to time and something like this also happen in normal thread where people start using abusive language to each other. Its all about us knowing where line is and we should not cross that.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
enough of religious discussions. we are a defence forum primarily and let us keep it like that and the way it used to be when we started off.

pankaj nema

Country flag
That is why I have always maintained That contro versial topics should be avoided. It will in evitably get ugly.

What ever views one might have on any thing under the sun , we are entitled to keep it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont see any problem with discussing religion but people should definitely restrain themself from making derogatory remarks about religions. Till yestarday night Everything was going on smoothly and we had very good and healthy debate. Issue like this may come from time to time and something like this also happen in normal thread where people start using abusive language to each other. Its all about us knowing where line is and we should not cross that.
With the number of people with extremist and hate filled minds around, such topics are bound to get out of hand. It was precisely the reason why DFI started with a no religion based discussion policy. when things get heated up, emotions fly and people forge they are humans.

Either we stop all this discussion, or keep it confined to one thread which will be under strict watch. Even then, ZERO tolerance to any hate filled posts which derides,abuses or questions the basis of ones faith. It should invite a permanent BAN. Period.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i think we can add a poll up there with a yes and a no option, let people decide and in case it is a yes then as is being suggested by yusuf, we keep it like that, though i like the place without any such discussions.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Do you want to discuss religion on DFI?
Option 1 : NO
Option 2 : YES and i Pledge not to deride,abuse and question other religion

pankaj nema

Country flag
The YES / No poll option is liable to be mis used.
What prevents Pakistanis , chinese And even some Americans as Navida to hijack a poll.

would it reflect the true picture. Just as in this babri masjid ,case we know the world is watching. If outsiders would vote over whelmingly for any particular side , how would it reflect the true picrure

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The DFI has always been a forum with a liberal policy to allow all types of opinions being raised.

The excellent aspect of this forum was that there was a very healthy respect for each others opinion, even when disagreeing. It was commendable and spoke highly of the maturity and gentleman like attitude of all posters.

It is a Defence oriented forum, but with popular request, other subjects were allowed, though there were reservations, if I recall correctly.

After it was opened to other subjects, there was still a healthy respect for each other and then suddenly...............

there came the avalanche of religiosity. Still acceptable to some extent.

Then came the lampooning and downright abuses of all religions highlighting the oddities of each religion that are not in consonance with scientific explanations, but which are merely allegoric representation.

In such a vitiated environment, to maintain the till now impeccable reputation of the forum, the Board was constrained to impose the sanctions.

AV has given a very timely advise and it would be in our interest, of those who participate in the forum and who care for it, to heed his timely and matured advice.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
One religion to follow here on DFI: Rationality

neo29

As an Indian i dont see difference between Ram and Rahim.

In India unlike other countries we are a multi religious society, unique in this world. Racism and discrimination does exists in every country but in India different communities have been living for 1000 of years unlike anywhere else. The US boast of its first free society in its world which started the civil war in 1861 due to slavery, but we were the one who showed unity during the 1857 rebellion which did not see caste and religion, just one enemy an outsider in our country.

India is one country where any religion live freely and can speak freely. Its due to politics which brings about misunderstandings among even castes of the same religion, let alone 2 different religions. As an Indian lets not fall for this petty politics coz we are a civilization that has survived the onslaught of Maharaja's, Nizams, Nawabs and Europeans. We can pass these cheap Politicians too.

I proud to be Indian.

sandeepdg

Folks, I have been associated with this forum more than a year now, I was also a part of Indian Defence Forum previously, and the one thing that drew me to both these forums was the fact that there was and are an outstanding number of discussions and debates at a very mature level on topics that were always of immense interest to me : Defense and Global geopolitics. I have made it a point to stick to these topics mosty, and not get engaged in political/religious topics. I think this being a defense forum, we should stick to topics that I mentioned and not get drawn into non-relevant topics. There are lot many Indian forums to discuss non-defense issues on the net, whoever is interested in a mud-slinging game can check them out ! This is my frank opinion though !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Defence of a Nation is gleaned from Strategy.

Strategy is gleaned from the geopolitical environment.

Geopolitical environment is gleaned from national politics and that has a bearing in every aspect of the Nation!

Tough Call!!

In so far as discussing on the forum it is based on the centre of gravity location in the cranium and of course, one that has some semblance of neuronal cell bodies, neuropil (dendrites and both unmyelinated axons and myelinated axons), glial cells (astroglia and oligodendrocytes) and capillaries.

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Friends there is a place in Palestin, which is known as RAMALLAH. THIS SHOWS WE ARE THE SAME. Nice to see RAM and ALLAH in ONE NAME..............:happy_8::happy_8::happy_8:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles