Saudi Arabia warns non-Muslims: Respect Ramzan or else ...

Predator

>>> Saudi authorities are warning non-Muslim expatriates against eating, drinking or smoking in public during Ramzan, or face expulsion.

now people there will eat, drink and smoke in private.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Tomorrow they will ask people to convert if they have to work in saudia. Worst place for non muslims to work.
This is not a new thing.

Just the first time ToI is reporting it..

pmaitra

If India did not have a huge burden of BPL population, cutting of people traveling to Saudi would have been much easier. It is time all countries stopped allowing their citizens to travel to that hell hole.

This rule, is however, not new. It has been in force for a long time. Compare this with PRC. They would force all restaurants to remain open and serve food in East Turkestan. Consider Saudi under Chinese occupation.

Predator

If India did not have a huge burden of BPL population, cutting of people traveling to Saudi would have been much easier. It is time all countries stopped allowing their citizens to travel to that hell hole.
That's just too harsh, normal saudi are cools, its the muttawa who are fanatic in implementing the sharia laws.

This rule, is however, not new. It has been in force for a long time. Compare this with PRC. They would force all restaurant to remain open and serve food in East Turkestan. Consider Saudi under Chinese occupation.
Dude we allow all equal opportunity to practise their religion. Forcing shops to remain open is not right.

pmaitra

That's just too harsh, normal saudi are cools, its the muttawa who are fanatic in implementing the sharia laws.
I agree that many Saudis are yearning for a freer society, and there are few that are trying to keep the society restricted. However, right now, the orthodox clerics have a sway. Therefore, I feel that it would have been much nicer if Indians didn't have to live and work in KSA. In other words, lift the country out of poverty, so that people are not forced to go and live there.

Dude we allow all equal opportunity to practise their religion. Forcing shops to remain open is not right.
It's not about right or wrong. It's about the law of the land. In PRC, you obey the laws of PRC. In KSA, you obey the laws of KSA.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Its the same in Malaysia, no big deal.

Predator

I agree that many Saudis are yearning for a freer society, and there are few that are trying to keep the society restricted. However, right now, the orthodox clerics have a sway. Therefore, I feel that it would have been much nicer if Indians didn't have to live and work in KSA. In other words, lift the country out of poverty, so that people are not forced to go and live there.
even if everyone in india got rich, we would still need people there to maintain business and diplomatic relations.
we cant isolate ourselves from other nations or try to isolate them by boycotting them.

It's not about right or wrong. It's about the law of the land. In PRC, you obey the laws of PRC. In KSA, you obey the laws of KSA.
and the laws of KSA call for strict enforcement of sharia.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
But I would say, if you think your "rights" are more important than the money you get, simply dont go there yar. Simple!!!

You go to a country, you follow "its" rules

pmaitra

even if everyone in india got rich, we would still need people there to maintain business and diplomatic relations.
we cant isolate ourselves from other nations or try to isolate them by boycotting them.
Diplomatic staff have diplomatic immunity. Immigrant workers don't. In the normal countries, immigrant have certain basic rights. KSA or PRC does not. KSA and PRC sit in the extremist zones of opposite ideologies.

and the laws of KSA call for strict enforcement of sharia.
Yes, and that is what makes living there undesirable, at least for one who is used to living in India or the west. Mutilations and executions are commonplace in KSA; executions are commonplace in PRC. They are both bad. Between the two, PRC is better, IMHO.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
what are the constitutional changes that you envision?
I agree with Pmaitra that some country must step in to make the shop owners open the shop 24/7. It will be tight slap in the face of the religious nutcases all round the world.

pmaitra

I agree with Pmaitra that some country must step in to make the shop owners open the shop 24/7. It will be tight slap in the face of the religious nutcases all round the world.
That's not what I said.

I said 'consider' the case!

PRC is slightly better than KSA, but both are extremist.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
That's not what I said.

I said 'consider' the case!

PRC is slightly better than KSA, but both are extremist.
yeah I know, banning it is extremist, but then again, we cant talk love and peace to those idiots.

One extremism is infinitely much better than the other. You know which one is so:heh:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Actually their country..their rules...what is there to argue about that..?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles