Yusuf's article on Pakistan

Khagesh

It's the psyche that is dented, and mind you, the world has got used to see a timid India, a change there and the world won't accept us, so even Narender Modi quickly took to the Americans who till he became the PM were more than eager to kick him on the wrong side, not to forget the business community which has strong ties with the west, who hugely funded Modi wanted him to embrace the US.

Pakistan is too small a problem. Our problem is a psychological problem, precisely what stops us from becoming great, and the way we are, I doubt we ever will, contrast the way we deal with our problems with the way China does, the reason why they are what they are and we are not even able to do even a catching game with them!
Personally speaking I agree with this diagnosis. But I differ on the prognosis.

Why cannot we think like the Chinese. 'We' as in concerned citizen. Chinese have held all their cards to their chest and all the while plugged themselves into the US led world architecture only to hollow it out from within. People underestimate the Chinese capacity to undermine the US led world from within. The way I see it, the chinese are merely waiting for the Indians to join in, in next 10-15 years and for the Russians to keep the US busy for next 10 years. The way rest of Asia has kept peace with China (both sides doing only chindi-chori style posturing in the seas and along borders), suggests that everybody is waiting for the Asian economic consolidation.

What you have stated is the received wisdom from our think tanks. But then think tanks are to state the current truth and enable the govt. of the day to figure out its own geo-strategic moves. This freedom to the govt can only be afforded if the think tanks keep a few things unsaid. For the freelancers like, most of us Indians here, it is the unsaid part that has to be wagered upon, with appropriate stop loss limits.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Last edited by a moderator:

power_monger

Country flag
I agree that with dis-integration of pakistan we will severly weaken pakistan and its idealogies. But how are going to achieve this? By promoting rebels in balochistan or via direct wars like how did for bangaladesh?How?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I agree that with dis-integration of pakistan we will severly weaken pakistan and its idealogies. But how are going to achieve this? By promoting rebels in balochistan or via direct wars like how did for bangaladesh?How?
1. By ignoring Pakistan and isolating it from the neighbourhood by assisting every other country in the neighbourhood in ventures that are for that country's goo.

2. Support the sectarian internecine war within Pakistan by lamenting that Pakistan is killing co-religionists while in India, the co religionists live in peace.

3. Making films that are very 'attractive' to the Pakistani audience, which Pakistan will immediately ban, resulting in unrest and illegal import thereby adding to the ruination of Pakistan's economy.

4. Likewise, manufacture cheap commercial goods that are required in Pakistan, and sell it in Dubai so that Pakistanis smuggle it into Pakistan causing a loss to the Pakistani economy and ruination of their domestic industry.

5. Pakistan's major export basket is composed of only a few items; cotton, leather, rice, synthetic textiles, and sports goods – these five items alone contribute to more than 72 per cent of the total exports. Ensure similar product in India are cheaper than Pakistan for export, wherein the consumers will buy from India. This will ensure 72% of their economy suffers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles