YouTube launches YouTube Box Office in India

EagleOne

YouTube will feature a premium block buster movie every month absolutely free of cost

All netizens in India have more reasons to rejoice as YouTube is introducing a new destination for all the movie buffs titled 'YouTube Box Office'. This exclusive channel will feature a premium block buster movie every month absolutely free of cost. Kick-starting the initiative will be the latest hit 'Band Baaja Baaraat', starring Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma.

The YouTube Box Office channel will also feature other popular movies which users can watch for free from the YouTube catalogue of movies which includes over 1,500 titles including regional language films. The channel will be available to all users in India and will be IP blocked for users in other countries. Intel will be the exclusive presenting sponsor for the channel in India.

Sandeep Aurora, Director-Marketing, Intel South Asia said, "The YouTube Box Office channel provides the consumers an opportunity to view premium, high quality movies on their PCs. Consumers can also enjoy these movies on their big screen HDTV with Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) feature on the 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor based PCs and bring YouTube to life in HD format on their TVs."

YouTube will collaborate with its partners in India on a revenue share basis to bring more of such premium content on YouTube Box Office every month.
:tea:

A.V.

Thats great news but what about the pathetic net in india , half the time it screws up things , even after paying 30 usd a month i get very bad net

nimo_cn

Country flag
Thats great news but what about the pathetic net in india , half the time it screws up things , even after paying 30 usd a month i get very bad net
30 usd, that is a lot of money considering it is just internet fee.

Oracle

Yes, 30 USD is way too much. I also pay 30 USD for a 1 mbps speed. Net is good, but overly costly.

The network infrastructure in India is pathetic. I guess, I and many like me are lucky to live in cities. Remote places in North East either do not have internet or the speed is 14 kbps. And by remote I mean, say 12 hrs from Guwahati - the gateway of NE India.

ganesh177

Country flag
How is it in china ? In dollars ?
I know its top of the world in korea and japan, so may not be that bad in china as well.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am in a hotel in Taiwan using the wi fi provided by the hotel. Don't know how many more guests are there using the net, but I am getting awesome speed. Movie streaming without repeated buffering. Internet seems to be cheap here. Even mobile data plans on 3G are dirt cheap though call rates are very high.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles