Your reaction to WC semifinal win

A.V.

how u enjoyed the win and all from u r locality lets hear it

Oracle

Cannot express in words. Looking for fcuk!** trolls to kill! Where are they now? Show your face pussies!

prahladh

Respected Member
Thanks for winning this and saving our record. Now NZ will meet Pak at airport, India will meet Lanka in Finals.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just a game.

I was amazed at the way Indians went berserk to see the match, then watch it on TV by missing office, closing their businesses including the pavement sellers and then wasting money on the cell!

What was the loss to the Indian economy one wonders because of just a game.

And now the horror of analysis going the endless rounds, right from the experts to the village idiot who has not seen a proper cricket bat in this whole life, but an expert otherwise.

amitkriit

We danced to Drum beats, burnt firecrackers. Whole Delhi was celebrating as if it was Diwali.

Rage

DFI TEAM
The loss to the Indian economy was indeed staggering. But, on a day like this, I for one am willing to tolerate the loss. I'd rather they cut down on the losses from all those hartaals and strikes they have in West Bengal and Kerala.

Anyway, Hindustaan Zindabaaad! India Zindabaad!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Because of the hartals in Bengal, I find the waste of manhours today is another way how we find any excuse to bring cheer to our otherwise drab, unambitious, jo ho so ho life.

Why no such enthusiasm for our national game - hockey?

I presume we all know that it is still classified as our national game.

I don't want to be a spoilsport and break the party mood, but throughout today it was like a circus come to town!

In fact, it was a competition between two faded and jaded teams with just some appearing as flashes in the pan!!

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
LMAO! Brig. loosen up a lil :D. I understand. But this was a national celebration of sorts, almost synonymous with a festival like Diwali or Eid.

These are uniting factors and a day like this will live down as a red letter day in the hearts of most Indians. The benefits are many even if not necessarily economic.

On the other hand, hartaals particularly in the communist-run states are a serious killjoy. But I won't discuss those here any further.

For tonite, it's partyyyy time!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
LOL, I didn't even watch the game. Don't care enough about cricket, even if it is against Pakistan.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
AV,

In my locality, it was as if Mamata Bannerjee has called a bandh.

Roads empty with the rare vehicle.

Each Pakistani wicket down was known. even if one did not watch on TV. Crackers, bombs and peals of joy and shouts heralded the news!

For once, I had to flip between BBC and CNN to know what is happening around the world. From yesterday, every news bulletin was only cricket and more cricket ad nauseum and what was jarring was the shrill monotonous whine of the last word in cricket = Boria Mazumdar!

BTW, this Majumdar is an ex Test player or is he an One dayers?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yeah Rage, have a party.

You deserve it.

You had the tenacity to watch it all the way, right?

Hardly anything for a Hindustan zindabad jazz.

I am sure the same joy was there for every match that India played including the one against Burkina Faso, if indeed the played India! :eek:

No, I was just joking.

I am sure you must be real proud today.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I bow out of this thread since I am ruining the mood I presume.

Hindustan Zindabad!

Jolly thumping show!

Blackwater

Interestingly Pakistani TV like Ary, Geo, Ptv, DM digital. They bloody start celebrating pak win, day before till Indian ininging. Since Pak started batting, when they were sure they will loose ,most of the pak tv channel cancel there programe or change there programe hahahahaha. All black magic wale rohani baba on there set predicted pak will win hahhah hohohhoho. It was good match. I feel india was short 30 to 40 runs. pak.iyo ko unki aukat dekhade

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
It brought people together. They were united with ONE feeling to defeat Pakistan in Cricket. So they did.

And it was followed by celebration. Thousands erupted on streets with Indian flags. Firecrackers lit up the sky. Its almost Diwali.

For business concerned, it wasn't big deal IMO. Office goers managed it their way. Government employees had their code. Businessmen calculated their day, like any wise one would do. In all, grown ups do take care of themselves.

Authorities in some cities managed a protocol so not to hamper anything critical. Like in Pune, streetside Screens were not permitted as it can trouble on-duty ambulances with emergencies.

--

One of the best cricket matches I've ever seen. There was intense emotion within all Indians for this game.

I will not treat it only as just another Semifinal cricket. India clashed with arch rival Pakistan specially after 26/11 massacre. It was nothing less than battle with Bat,balls instead of guns.

Marvelous play. Pakistan also did their best. But it was never enough.

--

I am enormously proud of Team India today. You saved our face. I can't even imagine emotion across nation if India would have lost. Indian team deserves all & every recognition regardless of numerous errors we may figure out.

Good job Team India. You not only proved yourself capable of representing India but also awarded us with straight nose in front of manslayer state.

We are grateful to you!

---

Be it a fair match on 2nd but most important chore is finished now.

Best of luck. Go India go!

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
@Ray

I am, sir.

I am very proud indeed.

Because this singular event, among other things, will coalesce all the feelings, that have been building up over the last few years into a sense of national integration.

How ironic was it not? That, on the day of the test, India pulled through in terms of its security considerations. While Pakistan on the other hand had a bomb blast. Truly shows the level of chaos and self-inflicted destruction, they have descended into.

This is a cataclysmic event, an event that synopsizes and coalesces all those feelings of disparate national integration in one, brief shot. It is a red letter event. Not on any pure merit of its own, but on the emotions that have built up around it. And as a student of politics, I understand it.

If this does not truly convince the Kashmiri, the Christian in Karachi, the Balochi nationalist or separatist, that Pakistan is one big shithole, that one nation is headed in the right direction and the other in the wrong, nothing will. Because this was, as of sort, the last bastion of the Pakistanis.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I am always thrilled whenever we beat pakistan :D

firecrackers + Indian flags + dancing is the gist of the celebrations.

:india:

mikkix

Tihar Jail
Banned
shame to all of you that how much you hated us, yes we lose, its a game.

Oracle

AV,

In my locality, it was as if Mamata Bannerjee has called a bandh.

Roads empty with the rare vehicle.

Each Pakistani wicket down was known. even if one did not watch on TV. Crackers, bombs and peals of joy and shouts heralded the news!

For once, I had to flip between BBC and CNN to know what is happening around the world. From yesterday, every news bulletin was only cricket and more cricket ad nauseum and what was jarring was the shrill monotonous whine of the last word in cricket = Boria Mazumdar!

BTW, this Majumdar is an ex Test player or is he an One dayers?
Boria Mazumdar is an sports analyst, maybe a cricket editor in Times. He is not a cricketer, at least he did not play for India.

Oracle

Don't ruin the party my friend. Strange also is the fact that you bowed down after the defeat. And yes, it is just a game! :)

plugwater

Yes we hate you.. whats the big deal!! tell us something we don't know..

Finally we stopped u from entering Mumbai :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles