Your Favourite Indian Cities?

warriorextreme

Country flag
Mumbai is my birth place.....Only two cities i have visited are Pune and Banglore...banglore is very very good but i liked pune more :)

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Mumbai is a great city in many ways - it has long been my favourite Indian city.

Bangalore has always been a close second for me, and if Bangalore continues its pace of development for another 5-6 years, Bangalore will be my favourite Indian city, without doubt.

So, Mumbai/Bangalore are at first place for me.

Pune is nice too, but I don't know if it can be placed in the same category as the "big six" for comparison. :noidea:

BangersAndMash

Ya its too congested... Of all the cities i visited, my most favourite one was Bangalore.... Followed by Chandigarh, New Delhi(not Delhi) , Coimbatore in that order
Don't get me wrong! I did enjoy certain parts of my trip! It's just that I had all these expectations and Mumbai did not live up to them! I like the trips that surpass my expectations, for example, I was visiting my relatives in Houston and my cousin said to me "fancy a trip to Mexico City", I was like "HELL YEAH", we were gonna fly out in 2 days time and I had all these expectations (not good ones to be honest) and when I got there, I absolutely luved it, so much so that I made a repeat trip 6 months later.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
In order from top to bottom

1)Jamshedpur(my hometown).
2)Panaji(i love the old Portuguese architecture).&Amritsar(serenity runs in the air of this place)
3)Pune(very peaceful and traditionally Marathi place[old pune]).
4)Delhi(very boisterous and in your face).
5)Shillong(Chilled out, not a care in the world).
6)Kolkata(quintessentially Bengali).
7)Mumbai(great if you love local train travelling)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Don't get me wrong! I did enjoy certain parts of my trip! It's just that I had all these expectations and Mumbai did not live up to them! I like the trips that surpass my expectations, for example, I was visiting my relatives in Houston and my cousin said to me "fancy a trip to Mexico City", I was like "HELL YEAH", we were gonna fly out in 2 days time and I had all these expectations (not good ones to be honest) and when I got there, I absolutely luved it, so much so that I made a repeat trip 6 months later.
Dude i could get what you were inferring, but what i meant was that it is a megacity with a huge population.... The third largest or so in the world... But its infrastructure sucks.... Not enough to satisfy its present or growing needs, but if it can somehow magically over come that, then it will be a great city of course....

BangersAndMash

Bangalore is getting alot of shout outs!

The city I would like to visit the most is Amritsar. I will visit for sure one day! It will be a pleasure to visit the Wagah border so I can stick my middle finger up at pakistan! :taunt:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Bangalore is getting alot of shout outs!

The city I would like to visit the most is Amritsar. I will visit for sure one day! It will be a pleasure to visit the Wagah border so I can stick my middle finger up at pakistan! :taunt:
My memory in Amritsar is not very great.... It will still haunt me for years... My experience in the hotel i stayed was a nightmare.... But thats a personal experience and i dont know about others... Loved the wagah border though, the atmosphere there was electrifying... It was so great to see so many Indians with such a great Love for their mother land...

Oracle

How can it be permissible
She compromised my principle, yeah yeah
That kind of love is mythical
She's anything but typical

Mumbai, Aamchi Mumbai!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles