Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

ahmedsid

Top Gun
^^^
karat sent feelers to UPA!!!
:big_boss:

MOD EDIT: NO ABUSES AGAINST ANY POLITICIAN PLEASE
Yeah, Karat said that a future alliance with the UPA after elections cannot be ruled out and would be done to keep the "communal" forces out! lol

johnee

Yeah, Karat said that a future alliance with the UPA after elections cannot be ruled out and would be done to keep the "communal" forces out! lol
communal forces!!
of course, the classic excuse for most unlikely or even previous enemies to come together forgetting all they had done(& said) to each other.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
reservations are temporary but by making systemic changes we would be stuck with that system. and further it would divide our society rather than unite. I think it is impractical.
Now you are coming to the point;)

ZOOM

Founding Member
I am not certainly interested about Political parties that will going to rule this country, since most of them are parallel in their overall performance.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
On the basis of past performance alone, now I've made up my mind to vote for the BJP... I want the Congress out under all circumstances !!!

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I am not certainly interested about Political parties that will going to rule this country, since most of them are parallel in their overall performance.
performance High or Low???

On the basis of past performance alone, now I've made up my mind to vote for the BJP... I want the Congress out under all circumstances !!!
Not a bad idea (though I have not decided yet) but lets hope no Modi and no Mr. Varun get any share. What say? and who is your ideal leader for BJP?

johnee

performance High or Low???

Not a bad idea (though I have not decided yet) but lets hope no Modi and no Mr. Varun get any share. What say? and who is your ideal leader for BJP?
payeng,
you are unnecessarily worried. modi or varun wont be part of govt. last time when NDA came to power, it was very much normal except for gujarat.
also, as I said previously, no one gets absolute power, there will be alliance politics. advani is already trying his best to attract muslim voters and more alliances by sporting 'soft secular' image. notice how advani kept quiet on varun for a long time.

Rage

DFI TEAM
firstly, absolute power will not be granted to any individual or party in near future. we will only see coalition govts. so whether its BJP or congress, they will have to play coalition politics to stay in power. the so-called secular congress has done nothing concrete on any issue in past term except perhaps nuke deal. other than that, congress has no achievements. while, you draw confidence that 26/11 has woken up this govt, IMO, this govt has not only woken up but is panic stricken and it has chosen to surrender to terrorists. IPL moves out due to security fears. and many will follow, if UPA comes back to power.
the countless bomb blasts in all the major cities of our country, events like mumbai and probability that many more will follow, IMO, is more grave situation than that of silly muthalik episode. muthalik was presented as a grave danger by our SENSATIONAL media.
you say, this congress party is different from past ones, I say this congress party is more dangereous to our country than the past ones. I want remind you how one of the ministers of congress cabinet raised doubts over the authenticity of 26/11 just for his cheap vote bank politics.
the din raised by the so-secular parties when IndianMujahideen was encountered in delhi. infact, going so far as to doubt the authenticity of encounter ignoring that a brave officer was martyred!

I am sure BJP would be much much better that the pathetic governance this present coalition has inflicted on us.
coalition politics will keep in check everyone including modi(if he were ever to be a PM candidate), already we see that advani is trying to shed off his rath yatra image. coalition politics, mate, coalition politics.
You are failing to read carefully: this Congress government is different because it has done something different from its predecessors. To paraphrase your own words, where other Congress governments have done "nothing in the past", this one has managed to pull off through diplomatic channels a deal that would have been inconceivable given the constraints of what you call 'coalition politics'. That is no mean feat. As well, I never said the BJP would be given absolute power if they were to become incumbent at the centre: indeed coalition politics will be the electoral norm for the foreseeable future. I said I had reservationss about what Modi might do if he was given "anything" that most closely "approximated absolute power"- which in a coalition system would mean the party first past the post. Also, were this to happen, the BJP will not be forming the government with parties of the Left, who are vehement about their stand against religious nationalism and have iresoluble ideological differences with the right, but rather with some of its former NDA allies (those that have managed to make a semblance of a showing in state assembly elections), regional parties and independents. In that event, there are also fundamental differences and differences of dialectic constitutive interests between parties that will have to be taken into consideration: for example, the JD(U) [Janata Dal + Samata party] was formed by their common opposition to the RJD in Bihar after the latter welcomed SP rebels like Jha and Mandal into their party; the Bahujan Samaj Party and the Samajwadi party have a history of deep rift and mutual hositility &c - meaning that any alliances therewith are likely to be mutually exclusive. Moreover, the non-alignment of parties of the Left, and parties like the Janata Dal (Secular) which has and will consistently refuse to transfer power to the BJP because of its secular leanings, will mean that the few parties left will be both opportunistic at the cost of their core ideologies and more easily maneuverable by the politicking of a consummate administrator like Modi, leaving their opposition in the event that Modi tries to pull off another Godhra to doubt. Hence, "I shudder at the thought of what would happen if anything apporiximating absolute power is vested in the hands of Modi".

You are also forgetting that Advani as Home Minister has a comparable- if not more abysmal record on national security: it was during his tenure that we had high-profile incidents like the attack on Parliament, the attack on Red Fort, the hijacking of Indian Airlines flight IC814 and the subsequent capitulation to the demands of releasing the terrorist ideologue Azhar and others, the Kargil debacle to mention nothing of Gujarat and others. You may counter by saying that there have been more communal riots during Congress regimes than during the BJP's. Yes, but incidents of communal violence have witnessed a steadily downward trend since independence- even during Congress regimes- and the single most decisive factor for me is that the leaders at the helm of Congress governance during the worst of the riots have given way to leaders that have demonstrated a far greater penchant for secularism, while the leaders that have been guilty and/or alleged of communal violence in the BJP are the leaders that are being put forth for power in this very election. It is also pertinent to note that it is illogical to compare 56 years of Congress government with 6 years of BJP rule. And if recent events are any indication, an almost assymetric share of communal violence is attributed to BJP-ruled states: whether in Kandhmal in Orissa where major communal violence against Christians was witnessed for the first time in post-independence India, or Indore in MP that heretofore had a distinctive record for communal harmony. And it is important to note with respect to your argument about 'coalition politics', that in Orissa, Patnaik despite his (relatively) stellar credibility, was unable to take action because the BJP was part of the ruling alliance.

Yes, the Muthaalik fiasco was sensationalized- but then again, it was not an attack on a religious minority but on a section of the economic stratum- the very economic stratum that represents the face of the 'new India', and as such was taken to heart because it was conveyed by the mass media- and in particular the television media- to the very subscribers and patrons of this form of media: the burgeoning middle class.

Rhetoric is one thing, action quite another. I would have subscribed to your view of "this Congress party being dangerous to our country than the past ones" if the Congress minister in question: A R Antulay translated his verbally pronounced "doubts over the authenticity of 26/11" - more correctly over the killing of Karkare- for cheap vote bank politics into concerted action intended to debilitate the investigative process. I also fail to see what tangible electoral gains the statements would have made for him personally- seeing that the Congress chastised his verbatim and quickly distanced themselves from his view, cracking the party whip to bring him henceforth into line. The Colabha constituency of Maharashtra that he represents is the part of Mumbai where the Taj Mahal, Leopold and Chabad house are located, and seeing that this was the immediate epicentre of the attacks, any views that raised conspiracy theories when anger was palpable and high at the terrorists would have served to only be self-deleterious. Colaba is also substantially majority Hindu, although it has sizable christian and muslim minorities, and pandering to "cheap vote bank politics" would only have served to alienate Antulay from the majority of voters in his constituency. At the time, conflicting media reports also suggested those doubts, and those have to date not entirely been resolved.

I would rather the IPL be moved out of the country than suffer the embarassment of its being subject to a terrorist attack- especially in an election year when security forces are stretched thin and it's targeting is a very likely possibility- and especially for a country that contributes 70% of the ICC's revenues and is at the forefront of cricket, while surrounded by states that are a security and economic nightmare, and that have already jeopardized the subcontinent's reputation for hosting tournament's whose integrity is guaranteed. You overestimate the ability of our security forces to police such an event given the present constraints and the ease with which such a tournament that will be attended by people in their hundreds of thousands can be penetrated. The trade-off is a known financial loss for this year in the form of the exporting of the IPL tournament versus a risk that could translate into unknown and recurring financial losses in the long run.

I am not sure about "'coalition politics' keeping in check everyone including modi". Certainly, by your argument, it has not prevented the Congress from some of their 'shadier' pursuits (although IMHO these pale in comparison to what the current leadership of the BJP has demonstrated it is capable of). The nature and kind of allies that the BJP will most likely coalition with in the event of being first past the post also suggests that they will be more easily made malleable to the pressure of the Sangh parivaar if it wishes to exact retribution or travail some of its activists. While I wholly commend Advani for trying to shed off his "rath yatra image" in preparation for this general election, I am also liable to doubt the merit and worthiness of his intentions, particularly because of his own ideological leanings and the proximity and beliefs of those of his ideological compatriots.

I will refrain from commenting on the Indian Mujahideen encounter in New Delhi because my own information on the incident is incomplete. I salute however the soul and family of the brave martyr: decorated officer Mohan Chand Sharma who put his nation before his life.

shiv

guys just answer my one question--->are we a democracy??

for the past 55 years we have been ruled by the congress....the same political entity....dont you think it is time we dump this quasi-democracy and choose someone else,from the last term of BJP,they have done some really impressive work.

i just got my voters id and this will be the first time i am voting--->And i am darn sure who i will vote--->go NDA

S.A.T.A

You have to remember that of all those 45 years of single party rule was a consequence of free and fair polls,and n complete harmony with democratic norms anywhere.The Liberal democrats have ruled Japan singlehandedly far longer than congress in India......

the best democracy is the one that is practiced at the grass root level.vote for the best man or woman to represent you at the parliament(doesn't matter whether he is BJP or congress),some times we miss the woods for the forest,never a good thing to do.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
You have to remember that of all those 45 years of single party rule was a consequence of free and fair polls,and n complete harmony with democratic norms anywhere.The Liberal democrats have ruled Japan singlehandedly far longer than congress in India......

the best democracy is the one that is practiced at the grass root level.vote for the best man or woman to represent you at the parliament(doesn't matter whether he is BJP or congress),some times we miss the woods for the forest,never a good thing to do.
I second you comment S.A.T.A. but free and fair poll................????.........

S.A.T.A

Are you suggesting we did not have free and fair polls the past decades ?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Are you suggesting we did not have free and fair polls the past decades ?
No I am not suggesting that, but from my personal experience may be I have a word or two to say but since I don't have a credible source to proof my stand so no arguments, over.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^^
karat sent feelers to congress!!!?
hail karat......a man who stands on his words come wat may.:Laie_63A:
He he. He follows the Karat and Stick Policy :)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I stand for the Congress and its allies.

threadbrowser

Yup congress for me too.
Seeing what BJP has done as state govt in karnataka is what decided me. They have learnt plausible deniability. "Us attack all those poor minorities and women outside pubs?" Pish! perish the thought. It was those (insert convenient name here) group members.. not us.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Thats for sure the Hindutva definition going around is sad as hell.

Lesser of the evils, eh.

Thats the way it is with me.

I was involved with RSS for sometime (my dad made me do it), i realised that with all the good they do in the form of social service they also have a undertone of anger which will burn us all. The number of BJP leaders who used to address the meets and the connections with other radical factions has made me allergic to BJP for life. As NDA (with other parties supporting them), they represents a political faction that will be able to take tough decisions when the time comes.

Congress is, well its Congress, it represents nothing to me, no real agenda no real purpose of existence except power, and from what i have seen personally in the form of UPA its the second most corrupt organisation behind the so called current third front.

The Third front, its made up of parties that never had a chance in centre and as a result have a culture of selling out to the highest bidder may be with a large number of seats they will start to develop a national agenda. Left front is another idiotic faction, WTF do they represent, a pseudo communist philosophy waiting to become large enough to abolish democracy, the so called jhola wala intellectuals (when in Delhi) represent the cruelest form of governance which has given the human kind enough suffering.

My vote will go to the Congress candidate as i know him to be a decent (enough!!) man, and i know that congress can not screw up big time on something as they actually do nothing at all. I just hope they dont go around distributing subsidies if elected into government.

NDA and Congresss governments at center in the last decade claim economic progress, it was due to the global good times.

Even in this global economic fiesta we were left far behind by our brothers to the east because they did the basics better than us(infra, laws etc.), i give the politicians no credit for the economic progress, they could have done a lot of things much much better, the credit goes to the "Aam Admi" we did it by breaking our backs from the person carrying cement at a construction site, the person working at a call center to the CEO of a textile firm.

If Congress or BJP want to show some economic performance the coming 5 years of global economic siesta :blum3: will be the time.

Other than that, really if we could live through that sad pathetic dewe gowda Sarkar for a year, nothing else can hurt us. :sarcastic:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ spot on kuku. Wonderful post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles