Your aspirations in life: Professionally?

sandeepdg

Mine also matches that of IamIdiot and Bangalorean to a great extent, my fascination with a job has died out already. I want to get into business and make some moolah in the near future. I am already drafting plans for the same.

sandeepdg

Business is not as easy as it seems.
Yup, and it never will be, mate ! And for that matter nothing is easy in life, but if you end up thinking that this is difficult, and you can't do it, then you will never get around to do it.

Anyway, I am dead serious about this, and I have been doing an intensive research on all my plans for the past 2 years, and more or less I have decided where and into what I will be venturing into withing the next 2 years.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I aspire to change my profession every 3-4 years. After continuing for some years I find everything boring even when I am quite successful.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Business is not as easy as it seems.
Not easy at all, trust me. But the thing is our entire community and region itself are businessmen and doing business of some kind big or small.

I have seen many upstarts fall apart. And to do business, you need an eye for opportunity and also understand how much to make from what.

I have seen in my business, people with no experience just jump in and then struggle. These guys have ruined the market we are in as ther sole aim at the end of the day is to make 500 a day so to speak. Then they sell donkeys and horses at the same price regardless of their worth. People like me are used to take hefty margins realizing the potential of a product. Quite difficult these days.

Iamanidiot

Not easy at all, trust me. But the thing is our entire community and region itself are businessmen and doing business of some kind big or small.

I have seen many upstarts fall apart. And to do business, you need an eye for opportunity and also understand how much to make from what.

I have seen in my business, people with no experience just jump in and then struggle. These guys have ruined the market we are in as ther sole aim at the end of the day is to make 500 a day so to speak. Then they sell donkeys and horses at the same price regardless of their worth. People like me are used to take hefty margins realizing the potential of a product. Quite difficult these days.
1)Never enter a biz knowing half-baked truths and always have back-up plans

2)Being Conservative in finance helps in business

3)Anna Hzarae type ideals don't help when dealing with bureacrats

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Golden rule :D
Draconian rules are made to get bribes from honest businessmen.Unscrupulous one use moolah to make unfair rules.Yusuf is the former and I morphed from the former to the latter it's all evolution

Oracle

Get a permit for a wine shop - 6 Lacs.

Open a wine shop. Get it profitable by 3 years, plus earn back the 6 Lacs.

Open a chain of wine shops.

Khud bhi peeyo, baki sab ko bhi peelao.

Iamanidiot

Get a permit for a wine shop - 6 Lacs.

Open a wine shop. Get it profitable by 3 years, plus earn back the 6 Lacs.

Open a chain of wine shops.

Khud bhi peeyo, baki sab ko bhi peelao.
1)May be in Assam

2)Here in Andhra its from 3-5C.You have to take part in an auction another pain in the ass

3)They ask u sell at MRP .Hence liquor business is a loss nowadays

4)Making a wine shop profitable is not possible is south india so easily

5)Dealing with the excise Babu's is a pain in the ass even more so the politicians .Add to that in Assam you have ULFA,SULFA,Bodo and Dodo extortion

6)Most of them mix cheap liquor with quality scotch

Oracle this is one type of half-baked truth.There is more trouble in liquor business than you think

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If you sell by the pegs, you can beat the MRP. Then the whole service charge thing where hotels charge 50 a bottle of water or something that costs 10.

Oracle

1)May be in Assam
I am talking about Assam only.

2)Here in Andhra its from 3-5C
3-5 C is for going through the regular channels. If you go via proper channel, then it would come down to 1C.
However, I am not ready to buy this fact of 3-5 C for owing a wine shop.

3)They ask u sell at MRP .Hence liquor business is a loss nowadays
Who the heck sells at MRP other than malls like Spencers, Food World, Madhuloka etc?

All other petty shops sell at exorbitant prices. Liquor business is never a flop. You should know how to run it.

People drink when happy, when sad, when horny, when guilty. Just like sex, alcohol too, sells.

4)Making a wine shop profitable is not possible is south india so easily
I don't know the case here. So no comments.

5)Dealing with the excise Babu's is a pain in the ass even more so the politicians .Add to that in Assam you have ULFA,SULFA,Bodo and Dodo extortion
I do not have that tension. I got connections of my own.

Not that I won't have to pay, I will have to. However, if a regular guy has to pay say 3 Lacs, I'd be paying 20-25K at the most. OR I would just give them a bottle or two of whiskey.

Come with me once and visit my native place, you'd know.

6)Most of them mix cheap liquor with quality scotch
For me honesty is the best policy. I won't even do that.

Oracle this is one type of half-baked truth.There is more trouble in liquor business than you think
Do you seriously think, I do not know all these coming from a troubled region?

Oracle

If you sell by the pegs, you can beat the MRP. Then the whole service charge thing where hotels charge 50 a bottle of water or something that costs 10.
How in the hell do you know this? You claim you never drink?

Iamanidiot

I am talking about Assam only.

3-5 C is for going through the regular channels. If you go via proper channel, then it would come down to 1C.
However, I am not ready to buy this fact of 3-5 C for owing a wine shop.

Who the heck sells at MRP other than malls like Spencers, Food World, Madhuloka etc?

All other petty shops sell at exorbitant prices. Liquor business is never a flop. You should know how to run it.

People drink when happy, when sad, when horny, when guilty. Just like sex, alcohol too, sells.

I don't know the case here. So no comments.

I do not have that tension. I got connections of my own.

Not that I won't have to pay, I will have to. However, if a regular guy has to pay say 3 Lacs, I'd be paying 20-25K at the most. OR I would just give them a bottle or two of whiskey.

Come with me once and visit my native place, you'd know.

For me honesty is the best policy. I won't even do that.

Do you seriously think, I do not know all these coming from a troubled region?
Go to Haflong set up a shop and supply me atleast two bottle of scotch free of cost.I prefer teachers go fast Oracle,go fast

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
How in the hell do you know this? You claim you never drink?
You need a business mind to know how to break the rules , beat it rather :D

Last edited:

Oracle

Go to Haflong set up a shop and supply me atleast two bottle of scotch free of cost.I prefer teachers go fast Oracle,go fast
Come to Bangalore and we can have 2 bottles of scotch right now.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles