Your aspirations in life: Professionally?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wonder what you guys aspire professionally?

Since I am into business, I dream of having a pretty big business. Well 100crore may be. Though that's not vert big by modern day "big" standards but then that is where I want to be at the least. Have 50-100 employees working in a professional environment. Good "corporate" office, warehouse. Be known all over India in my line of business.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
always had targets set professionally back when i was doing my bit in the corporate, and the targets were always job profile oriented and never monetarily because i have always believed have the right JP and a strong brand to back you and money automatically follows you.

timelines were +2 years max, prior to my professional job being cut short thanks to my health.

age bracket of 31-33 was the time period to reach the national level in my managerial professional life, which i did well before time, certainly quite a few months to spare before i touched 31. next in line was to be at the global regional position, where i had an offer from this taiwanese co to head south-asia just one yr after being at the helm of my last job but by then it was time to pack up my stuff.

eventual target was a senior global position with a company which would have a presence in at least 50 or more countries and the max timeline for that was 40yrs, by when i would have started contemplating retirement to start my own biz. a regret i live with but i hope i can make my biz successful and create a brand people long to work with.

pmaitra

My aspiration in one word is to be able to work in tracking systems.

Tracking systems are used in many areas. I am interested in the defense area, especially missiles and UAVs, that use vision based systems to track targets. I am not there yet.

If I aim for he moon, at least I will land among the stars.

JayATL

Living it now- working in the industry I love - online games and social games :) heading up a global dept.

Iamanidiot

Since I am into business, I dream of having a pretty big business. Well 100crore may be. Though that's not vert big by modern day "big" standards but then that is where I want to be at the least. Have 50-100 employees working in a professional environment. Good "corporate" office, warehouse. Be known all over India in my line of business.
your folk have those size of businesses but i don't believe they like to be visible like you stated.Never saw a Bohri family who is above the social radar in vizag or Hyd

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Yusuf,

You being in business, have lost out on the greatest gift of life - retirement!! LOL!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Doing PhD in Cancer Biology but realizing that I'm not made for it. I will go into business.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Aiming to be a general practitioner of medicine. India needs more doctors.

A problem I see with many doctors today is that they are too focused on making money rather than rendering service. You cannot be a good doctor with such an outlook.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

A problem I see with many doctors today is that they are too focused on making money rather than rendering service. You cannot be a good doctor with such an outlook.
If you ever need a job in a good medical institution then i might be able to help you.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Money matters mate. Appreciate your ideals.

pmaitra

Money matters mate. Appreciate your ideals.
You only need enough money to satisfy life's basic desires, i.e. food, water, shelter, clothing, and internet access.
You forgot Apple iPhone for Yusuf bhai. Just kidding Yusuf. :D

Well, CivFanatic, why is internet access a basic desire? I agree with the rest. Well, if you ask some austere Jains, even clothing is not a basic desire.

I guess it varies for person to person.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You forgot Apple iPhone for Yusuf bhai. Just kidding Yusuf. :D

Well, CivFanatic, why is internet access a basic desire? I agree with the rest. Well, if you ask some austere Jains, even clothing is not a basic desire.

I guess it varies for person to person.
Social connectivity is an essential human desire, and nowadays the internet is becoming an increasingly important avenue for this. I can't imagine life without internet, sad as that may be.

And trust me, I would not wear any clothing if I had the choice, but society demands that I do.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You only need enough money to satisfy life's basic desires, i.e. food, water, shelter, clothing, and internet access.
Kaunse yug se ho bhai?

PM, apart from iPhone my wish list is pretty long. I would love to earn a lot of money just to spend it on all kinds of gadgets modern technology offers.

pmaitra

Kaunse yug se ho bhai?

PM, apart from iPhone my wish list is pretty long. I would love to earn a lot of money just to spend it on all kinds of gadgets modern technology offers.
Me too, apart from my Android Phone, which is significantly better than your's, I love money:

The King of all metals! Enjoy!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles