Yazidis' Genocide

india twentyone

1. Iraq is the nation in the Middle East with 95% Muslims.

2. Yazidism is an ancient and very peaceful religion. Major no. of Yazidis resided in Kurdistan area in Iraq.

3. ISIS - A Militant Group that is on a mission to 'purify' Iraq and others from non-Islamic people. Means either convert to Islam or prosecute them.

4. Yazidis whose population was 23 million is now left to 1 million and 74 genocides to Yazidis have happened (mass killings of people).

5. 80% of the women and girls have been kidnapped and raped by ISIS militants. Many are killed.

DingDong

Country flag

2. Yazidism is an ancient and very peaceful religion. Major no. of Yazidis resided in Kurdistan area in Iraq.

3. ISIS - A Militant Group that is on a mission to 'purify' Iraq and others from non-Islamic people. Means either convert to Islam or prosecute them.

4. Yazidis whose population was 23 million is now left to 1 million and 74 genocides to Yazidis have happened (mass killings of people).

5. 80% of the women and girls have been kidnapped and raped by ISIS militants. Many are killed.
Cowards have no right to survive. Being peaceful is not a virtue. Same is true for the Hindus in Pakistan.

india twentyone

Cowards have no right to survive. Being peaceful is not a virtue. Same is true for the Hindus in Pakistan.
Can you describe what exactly should the hindus in Pakistan do to defend themselves from extremists? Or would it be more effective if those sharing their ideologies and having better access to resources tried to raise this issue on a wider level?

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Interesting thing is no one in Islamic world do protests or issue public sympathy statements or pray for Yazidis!!

Some people even support these militants !!

Yazidis should have joined Kurds to fight against these fanatics !!

Last edited:

gaurav96

Maverick
What is India doing by the way? I mean arming the Kurds against these fanatic bastards..

IBSA

Country flag
Are you sure of this number??

23 million is almost the all Kurds population. And not all Kurds are Yazidis. In actually, only a minority is Yazidi. I think Yazidis are at max 1 million people.

But this dont refutes what you said. Instead of, it becomes the Yazidi killings a more reprehensible crime.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Why are there contradictory statements in the media? Some say that IS militants are killing Yazidis (which I know they have). And some say that they will be allowed to stay there if they pay religious tax.

india twentyone

Are you sure of this number??

23 million is almost the all Kurds population. And not all Kurds are Yazidis. In actually, only a minority is Yazidi. I think Yazidis are at max 1 million people.

But this dont refutes what you said. Instead of, it becomes the Yazidi killings a more reprehensible crime.
23 million is their population at its height centuries ago. They have been persecuted by extremist Islamic forces for hundreds of years like many other non-Muslim communities.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
easy to say on an online forum under a pretend id seating inside a democratic country protected by millions of dedicated vigilant armed men and women.

Well, the adjective 'arm-chair general' is indeed coined just for guys like you.

That they survived over a millennium in the heartland of the most xenophobic religion ever exited on the earth, is the sign enough for their courage.

Battles may be fought and won on courage alone, as there are many many examples in history. But war is a different matter altogether. Before marking some people to be cowards because they are not in position to protect themselves, you may like to learn history about them.

I don't know about them, but I know this much that even at the edge and far enough from their main powerbase middle-east, Islam wrecked quite a hovoc in India, and if some things would have been a little different like Aurangjeev not being a maniac or shivaji not so great, or if Mughals could have successfully resisted the Brits, history of India could have been different.

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Can you describe what exactly should the hindus in Pakistan do to defend themselves from extremists? Or would it be more effective if those sharing their ideologies and having better access to resources tried to raise this issue on a wider level?
They won't because:
1. Eye for an Eye makes the world blind (thank God(se) Gandhi did not die of natural causes).
2. Secularism is more important than Human Lives.
3. There is a cultural and personality-related deficiency in the Hindu society which makes it so vulnerable to the external attacks. Same can be said about other ancient civilizations including Yazidis who are facing extinction and they deserve it.

Had this been a simple number game, there won't have been a British Empire, Persians and Arabs won't have enslaved our ancestors.

india twentyone

3. There is a cultural and personality-related deficiency in the Hindu society which makes it so vulnerable to the external attacks. Same can be said about other ancient civilizations including Yazidis who are facing extinction and they deserve it.

Had this been a simple number game, there won't have been a British Empire, Persians and Arabs won't have enslaved our ancestors.
History is not always bond to repeat itself. The national character of peoples changes and the potential of a society is not always tapped fully or focused in the right direction. No culture/civilization in the world has fired on all its cylinders all the time. Indian society degenerated beyond belief in the previous millenniums. But the Chinese stagnated too. So did the Western Europe lag behind the East and the Hellenic world for millenniums and had its share of the dark ages.

May be the Indian degeneracy has had too pronounced an ebb but I believe it to be the calm before the storm in some ways. It was not so much the tolerant, peace-loving and cowardly attitude as you point out which caused India to go through the nightmare millennium but the overall degeneracy of the Indian society. It seems as if anyone could have come and conquered India in that period. The society wasn't driven by cowardice as you claim because it would have caused the the Indian kingdoms to unite against the barbaric invaders. I would say the Indian society had just turned "numb". To me the reason for this seems to be the lack of social mobility in the Indian society with success being conferred by merit of birth rather than by demonstrating one's talents and capabilities unlike the warrior societies of the Turks, Mongols, Germanics or the Scandinavians. where one's success in society depended upon their capabilities and tenacity in battle. In India the competition for political power was limited to the royal families and nobility. Although China/East Asia too had a peaceful scholarly society like us but they had a merit-based civil services, a more competitive market economy (not dynamic and competitive enough, that's why they fell behind the West) and a bit more social mobility.

But more importantly it's no longer the case and India is surging ahead today. The national self-esteem and confidence has increased monumentally in the previous decades and as India grows in its economic and political clout, the nation will grow more confident and assertive. Most probably we will not become complacent again, partly cautioned by our history and because the Indian society is becoming more and more dynamic and competitive.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Wherever The Religion of Peace goes, people end up in pieces.

History is the evidence of this. And this is evident in Iraq and every single Muslim-majority country.

-When they are less than 15% they say they are peaceful.

- When they approach 35-40% THEY demand every special treatment.

- Once beyond 50%, genocides of host culture begins.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Wherever The Religion of Peace goes, people end up in pieces.

History is the evidence of this. And this is evident in Iraq and every single Muslim-majority country.

-When they are less than 15% they say they are peaceful.

- When they approach 35-40% THEY demand every special treatment.

- Once beyond 50%, genocides of host culture begins.
This is such a gem of a post, what arithmetic clarity, what a fact based explanation of a such a complex situation. Kudos to you for coming up with this math! And I am sure you can present a whole apple pie chart here on the math you laid out, but dont, I believe you! God Speed

DingDong

Country flag
This is such a gem of a post, what arithmetic clarity, what a fact based explanation of a such a complex situation. Kudos to you for coming up with this math! And I am sure you can present a whole apple pie chart here on the math you laid out, but dont, I believe you! God Speed
Non-Muslims have a habit of complicating the situation. NO?

sorcerer

Country flag
@india twentyone
Do quote the source to support your post, else other in the forum cannot form opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Good you appreciated it.

But if you're being sarcastic, All you have to do is look at every country starting from Lebanon till Pakistan.

Your answer is right there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles