Y20 Chinese Transport Aircraft

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: CHinese indigenious new large conveyer ,Y20, to start test-flight in severa days

If the images portrayed by China's Xinhua news agency were accurate, China's jetliner for the 21st century looked suspiciously like a Russian military transport from the 1970s. The high-wing, high-tailed creation, with its multiple banks of landing gear trucks clustered under the fuselage, looks like the big Antonovs that still toil as chartered military cargo aircraft. It looked nothing like the sleek shape of the Boeing 787 that many consider the technology driver of the next generation of commercial airliners.

Y-XX / Y-20??? / C919 Military Variant

Impluseblade

Re: CHinese indigenious new large conveyer ,Y20, to start test-flight in severa days

Why does India buy C-17 instead of B787 for its air force?

If the images portrayed by China's Xinhua news agency were accurate, China's jetliner for the 21st century looked suspiciously like a Russian military transport from the 1970s. The high-wing, high-tailed creation, with its multiple banks of landing gear trucks clustered under the fuselage, looks like the big Antonovs that still toil as chartered military cargo aircraft. It looked nothing like the sleek shape of the Boeing 787 that many consider the technology driver of the next generation of commercial airliners.

Y-XX / Y-20??? / C919 Military Variant

huaxia rox

but back to the topic.......badguy2000.....how did u know that???i dont wanna wait....i wanna know.....

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is reported by CD that Ukraine has sell CHina the blueprints of An124, AN255 and nuke-propelled super AC ,the last legacy left by SOviet, for the economic aid from CHina.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Why does India buy C-17 instead of B787 for its air force?
You tell me since you want to show you know it all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If one looks at the photo posted of Y 20, it does look like a larger IL 76.

Impluseblade

Actually, I don't know it all. In your original post, you are implying that Y-20 is built using old technology and B787 represents the future. India paid $4b for 10 C-17, about 400 million per plane. On the other hand, B787 costs around 150-200 million. I am asking your opinion on why India paid more to buy planes of old technology.

You tell me since you want to show you know it all.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Actually, I don't know it all. In your original post, you are implying that Y-20 is built using old technology and B787 represents the future. India paid $4b for 10 C-17, about 400 million per plane. On the other hand, B787 costs around 150-200 million. I am asking your opinion on why India paid more to buy planes of old technology.
Accepting your numbers for costs, 787 and C-17 have quite different specifications, systems, and roles. How can they be compared in this discussion?

Boeing 787 Dreamliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boeing C-17 Globemaster III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Who ever told you so is extreme case of retard in sense of aerodynamics and dimensions...

matte.

at least not designed by the french then call it Indigenous tejas my indian friend.........

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
XAC 'Y-20' (China) - Jane's All the World's Aircraft

XAC 'Y-20' (China), Aircraft - Fixed-wing - Military

Type
Medium transport/multirole.

Programme
Announced by AVIC President on 5 November 2009 that China was to 'demonstrate' a new military transport in December 2009. A series of artist's impressions of an aircraft allegedly designated 'Y-20' was, duly, published on an aviation enthusiasts' website (not an unusual forum for Chinese official photograph releases) on 25 December, although these differed in minor detail from pictures of a scale model of the same project which had come to light, less dramatically, slightly earlier. These images were different, again, from drawings dating from late 2008, which showed an aircraft having a low tailplane and a fuselage shape tending to support statements that it had been designed with inputs from Antonov, designer of the An-70. The latest image consensus shows a design conforming more to current trends for such a type of aircraft - notably the Boeing C-17 and twin-jet Embraer KC-390 and Kawasaki C-2. In the US, in July 2009, a former Boeing employee was convicted of selling C-17 technical details to China.Design reportedly initiated in about 2005, involving input from No. 603 Institute and "some technology" from Il-76. Reported that rear fuselage for prototype was under construction at SAC (Shaanxi) by end of 2009; maiden flight targeted for 2012.Rumoured designation Y-20 not confirmed. Following details provisional and unconfirmed:

The complete article appears in the following publication:
Publication Title Jane's All the World's Aircraft
Publication date Jul 13, 2011
Section Aircraft - Fixed-wing - Military

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

let's wait and see...
BG, what`s with Chinese forces so much US wanna be.. ?

What you posted is more like C-17, what is in wind tunnel and this looks more like AN-12 nose rest is from IL-76..

AprilLyrics

it's not important that what it looks like.for me cargo planes all looks similar.

we cares more about how much it can load and what's its meaning for china aviation

ice berg

Taxied yesterday.

It is been covered by quite a few sites already including CDF.

Rumor is the first flight is imminent. Posting a CG video for lack of pics yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Taxied yesterday.

It is been covered by quite a few sites already including CDF.

Rumor is the first flight is imminent. Posting a CG video for lack of pics yet.

engine looks same as IL-76.:sad::sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles