Xinjiang eyes direct land trade with India, avoid Pakistan

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It is an incorrect belief that India would want China to split.

This would not serve any purpose.

Your point about it becoming another 'stan' is very valid.

China, as it is, with its contradictions, is ideal since it requires China to also pay heed to the internal dissent and therefore is kept busy.

An internally busy China is a safe China!
Totally agree. But then for the pot to keep boiling, one needs flame.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Re: China's Xinjiang keen to trade directly with India

Excellent idea.

But the Chinese would be dead scared of the idea!
Are you guys that naive to believe that without central government's approval, officials in Xinjiang dare to make that move?

Not to mention that officials of Xinjiang are actually Chinese, even by your definition of Chinese.

If the news is authentic, it only means everything in Xinjiang is under control and in order.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Are you guys that naive to believe that without central government's approval, officials in Xinjiang dare to make that move?

Not to mention that officials of Xinjiang are actually Chinese, even by your definition of Chinese.

If the news is authentic, it only means everything in Xinjiang is under control and in order.
True.

And so was Bo under control and in order!

And Deng Xiaoping under Chairman Mao!

And then, Deng burst on the scene and changed China and its equation with the world! :shock:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Totally agree. But then for the pot to keep boiling, one needs flame.
The high handed manner that China uses for even a small incident, is enough for flames to leap!

You should know better how a Muslim will feel if he is forced by order, coercion or threat to feast and not fast during the daylight hours during Ramazan.

It is more than a flame, it is an inferno!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

Sorry, this is called Xinjiang. There is no place in the world named East Turkestan.

Maybe you should educate us again since you always enjoy doing it.
I enjoy reading all the posts by Brigadier Ray on China and I am sure in due time you will also start accepting the reality as it is from the rest of the world's perspective.

nimo_cn

Country flag

True.

And so was Bo under control and in order!

And Deng Xiaoping under Chairman Mao!

And then, Deng burst on the scene and changed China and its equation with the world! :shock:
So what, no talking about the Chinese being scared by that idea?

We like everything to be in order, unlike Indians who prefer everything in chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

So what, no talking about the Chinese being scared by that idea?

We like everything to be in order, unlike Indians who prefer everything in chaos.
True.

India is chaotic.

That sadly is the cost of Freedom and Democracy,

This image below does indicate everything is in order.

Chinese storm troops place placards round necks of simple monks who tried peaceful resistence

nimo_cn

Country flag

I noted my post got censored.

I merely the quoted the Beijing Olympics and CWG to explain why Chinese prefer everything in order. It is shocking to know that the censorship machine in a private Indian forum could be so sensitve.

If my post is off topic, then why Ray's topic that brings in Bo is not. As far as I know, Bo has nothing Xinjiang.

nimo_cn

Country flag

True.

India is chaotic.

That sadly is the cost of Freedom and Democracy,

This image below does indicate everything is in order.

Chinese storm troops place placards round necks of simple monks who tried peaceful resistence
See, this is not off topic?

nimo_cn

Country flag

By the way,the picture was obviously taken in Tibet.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

All right, since we are talking about Turkestan and Xingiang, let me share a true experience.

Some months back in Hong Kong airport, a man asked me for a lighter. I gave it to him, and then he started speaking to me in Hindi/Urdu, after he confirmed that I was from India. He said he was from "Turkee". After a few minutes of polite general conversation, I asked him which city he was from, Istanbul? He was scandalized and said, "nahi, nahi - turkee, turkee - Kashgar". Then I understood what he was trying to say, the guy is from Kashgar, Xingiang. He didn't even want to use the word, "China".

This is a true story, and it does say a lot.

kickok1975

All right, since we are talking about Turkestan and Xingiang, let me share a true experience.

Some months back in Hong Kong airport, a man asked me for a lighter. I gave it to him, and then he started speaking to me in Hindi/Urdu, after he confirmed that I was from India. He said he was from "Turkee". After a few minutes of polite general conversation, I asked him which city he was from, Istanbul? He was scandalized and said, "nahi, nahi - turkee, turkee - Kashgar". Then I understood what he was trying to say, the guy is from Kashgar, Xingiang. He didn't even want to use the word, "China".

This is a true story, and it does say a lot.
Then I guess you are really a lucky guy. How many Uygur can speak Hindu/Urdu, not to mention Kashgar is a small city in Xinjiang

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

See, this is not off topic?
It is in answer to your post without any slur or personal opinion but on actuals.

FACTs.

If it were FICTION, it would be off topic!

kickok1975

I enjoy reading all the posts by Brigadier Ray on China and I am sure in due time you will also start accepting the reality as it is from the rest of the world's perspective.
To be fair to Ray, he did his reading, research about China than most other Indian members in this forum which is pretty impressive. But that's not enough. In order to truly understand China and comment her in a way with some credibility that even Chinese members can agree, Ray has more home work to do. China is not just black and white. People shouldn't be labeled as Chicom if they don't agree. Recently most posts here from some Indian members are merely China bashing, it serves no purpose to enhance this forum.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I don't use 'Chicom'.

I use 'Chinese Communists'.

That is to differentiate between the Mainland Chinese from Taiwanese Chinese, Hong Kong and Macau Chinese and the Overseas Chinese.

China is too vast a country and very diverse with a very long history; much has been doctored by the CCP too.

Therefore, it is not possible to know everything about China and even the Chinese cannot claim that they know everything about China.

kickok1975

I don't use 'Chicom'.

I use 'Chinese Communists'.

That is to differentiate between the Mainland Chinese from Taiwanese Chinese, Hong Kong and Macau Chinese and the Overseas Chinese.
Ok, thanks Ray. But I believe most Chinese members here have nothing to do with Communist. They are regular people like our fellow Indian members. The real communist would not spend time here in a foreign English forum; they have more troubles at home to take care of. Labeling them as communist because they defend and pro China is just like planting seeds for flame.

Last edited:

kickok1975

In addition, I guess the reason a lot of Chinese members visit this Indian forum is because of their curiosity about India, and anxious to know how India thinks of China. Do you seriously believe a die hard CCP member will have interest to come here to promote CCP values?

Indian forum provides a window for Chinese people to know and understand Indian. I hope if we truly want a healthier, less confrontation Sino-India relationship in the future, such window may make some impact.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ok, thanks Ray. But I believe most Chinese members here have nothing to do with Communist. They are regular people like our fellow Indian members. The real communist would not spend time here in a foreign English forum; they have more troubles to take care of back in China. Labeling them as communist because they defend and pro China is just like planting seeds for flame.
It is very difficult to understand the Chinese thought.

They go by the flavour of the moment.

When Mao was there, it was Mao all the way.

Then, it was Deng all the way (and he had been purged twice!)

So, it does appear that opinions are being shaped by the dictation of those in power.

And the Communists are in power.

Hence, while indeed they may not be card carrying Communist members, but they sure are shaped by the Communist Govt thoughts and hence are pro Communist and not quite independent in thought!

Compare them with the Hong Kong Chinese (even though they are under Mainland China and their 'Parliament' is not quite in the true democratic mould.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In addition, I guess the reason a lot of Chinese members visit this Indian forum is because of their curiosity about India, and anxious to know how India thinks of China. Do you seriously believe a die hard CCP member will have interest to come here to promote CCP values?

Indian forum provides a window for Chinese people to know and understand Indian. I hope if we truly want a healthier, less confrontation Sino-India relationship in the future, such window may make some impact.
What you say is indeed the right thing that should happen.

Let me be frank, none in India have anything bad to say about the Chinese people as such.

In fact, there is much to praise the people of China.

What you find out here is the mindset that is angered by the continuous needling of India by the Chinese Govt on some silly pretext or the other, when the Indian Govt is bending backwards to accommodate China.

Then, there is an overdose of Shaighai pictures. They are a good exposure to China, but we want to know other things about China too. For instance, the rural life, the problems of inequality in income of the poor and rich (especially between the East and West), the problems of quick industrialisation, so on and so forth.

But all we see is Shanghai and this Shanghai fixation goes to such a ludicrous extent that we have a thread "Shanghai girls like rich men'!

Is it to suggest that only girls from Shanghai love the rich men and not say, in Xihaigu Prefecture in China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region?

BTW, why are Hui areas poor?

Has development not reached them?

If so, why not?

That would be something that we could be educated about, apart from Shanghai.

Last edited:

kickok1975

It is very difficult to understand the Chinese thought.

They go by the flavour of the moment.

When Mao was there, it was Mao all the way.

Then, it was Deng all the way (and he had been purged twice!)

So, it does appear that opinions are being shaped by the dictation of those in power.

And the Communists are in power.

Hence, while indeed they may not be card carrying Communist members, but they sure are shaped by the Communist Govt thoughts and hence are pro Communist and not quite independent in thought!

Compare them with the Hong Kong Chinese (even though they are under Mainland China and their 'Parliament' is not quite in the true democratic mould.
Chinese people are proud and patriotic, just like our Indian fellows. If you comment her in a biased way, people will certainly not feel happy. Communism did many terrible things in the past including brainwashed people's mind. But today's China is drastically different, people have more independent mind and always carry doubt toward what CCP government has to say. We tolerate CCP the same way Indian people tolerate some corrupted government officials. We just don't know if the next one will be better or even worse. We want democracy, but it may lead to chaos in a vast country like China. Despite some our difference, India and China is closer than any other country in the world in term of population size, development and historical baggage.

Indian people are proud of your democracy, but in our eyes it is more of malfunction, slow and inefficient system. Maybe one day Indian people can proudly tell our Chinese, it works. If it works for India, it should work for China as well

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles