Xinjiang - a Chechnya in the making

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could we now confine ourselves to Xinjiang?

Otm Shank

Chinese are doing a great job at combating islamic terrorism, their strictness, bravery and willingness to fight islamis in their homes like the west is why their citizens are much safer

Contrast that with indians who follow appeasement and afraid of confrontation which has only lead to riots, multiple bombings for decades of many different cities and an unstable and fractured society. I read a while ago youre more likely to be killed in a terror attack in india than the mid east. Dont know if it still holds true but india has everything to learn from from China on this matter.

Also isnt checnya a conflict thats over? last I read about them it was about checnyans that went overseas to fight because Russians were too rough for them

LastProphet

Chinese are doing a great job at combating islamic terrorism, their strictness, bravery and willingness to fight islamis in their homes like the west is why their citizens are much safer

Contrast that with indians who follow appeasement and afraid of confrontation which has only lead to riots, multiple bombings for decades of many different cities and an unstable and fractured society. I read a while ago youre more likely to be killed in a terror attack in india than the mid east. Dont know if it still holds true but india has everything to learn from from China on this matter.

Also isnt checnya a conflict thats over? last I read about them it was about checnyans that went overseas to fight because Russians were too rough for them
Your ignorance about Indian history & diversity is very much evident from your views...Muslims in India are very patriotic and problems we have are because neighbours like Pakistan are working for decades to brain wash a few.....

This is a totally different scenario than in China or west....!!!!

I advice you to do some readings before forming opinion.....!!!!

Otm Shank

Your ignorance about Indian history & diversity is very much evident from your views...Muslims in India are very patriotic and problems we have are because neighbours like Pakistan are working for decades to brain wash a few.....

This is a totally different scenario than in China or west....!!!!

I advice you to do some readings before forming opinion.....!!!!
Id appreaciate you not putting words in my mouth. I didnt comment on indias diversity or history. I will say the history of diversity among different people (mostly muslims) that invaded, brutalized and looted india is indeed impressive.

Indian muslims may be patriotic. though from recent stories like objections to your national anthem on your independence day to the many riots they dont seem to care for your society or way of life.

Since you brought up history..didnt indian muslims partion away 33 percent of your land because they could no longer rule you and it was so unbearable being an ordinary indian? Werent many of them of them in U.P. and stayed there. Didnt you need to use military force to get the islamist hyderabad to join the indian federation?

you are right india and china are nothing alike. china is a coherent, soon to be fully developed nation that realised prosperity is built on a foundation of stability and safety . india is a fractured country with a huge public safety problem

blame pakistan as you like but theyre just indian muslims with autonomy

btw

"According to CNN IBN's Minority Report, of India's one million soldiers only 3 percent are Muslims, or roughly 29,000 soldiers in all. And if the troops serving in the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry (JAK LI), are subtracted (50 percent of whom are Muslim troops), that percentage is much lower."

LastProphet

@Otm Shank let me disclose something to you, neither you have tried to understand India before posting your first comment here nor you have tried at all to understand what I replied earlier....

Well I don't care what is your opinion and how you form it but when you call INDIA a fractured country I just wonder if you are really stupid or you are trying very hard to be......!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Otm Shank

Great job at not replying to any of my points and trying to paint indian history as something esoteric..The only thing you disclosed to me is youre sensitive and your national pride easily wounded.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Id appreaciate you not putting words in my mouth. I didnt comment on indias diversity or history. I will say the history of diversity among different people (mostly muslims) that invaded, brutalized and looted india is indeed impressive.

Indian muslims may be patriotic. though from recent stories like objections to your national anthem on your independence day to the many riots they dont seem to care for your society or way of life.

Since you brought up history..didnt indian muslims partion away 33 percent of your land because they could no longer rule you and it was so unbearable being an ordinary indian? Werent many of them of them in U.P. and stayed there. Didnt you need to use military force to get the islamist hyderabad to join the indian federation?

you are right india and china are nothing alike. china is a coherent, soon to be fully developed nation that realised prosperity is built on a foundation of stability and safety . india is a fractured country with a huge public safety problem

blame pakistan as you like but theyre just indian muslims with autonomy

btw

"According to CNN IBN's Minority Report, of India's one million soldiers only 3 percent are Muslims, or roughly 29,000 soldiers in all. And if the troops serving in the Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry (JAK LI), are subtracted (50 percent of whom are Muslim troops), that percentage is much lower."
I just think you do not understand India very well. The situation in China and in India are very different. Kashmir was/is and will be a part of India forever. It was originally part of Bharat varsha. East Turkestan was not an "integral" part of China till the Manchus/Qing dynasty conquered it. Of course if you believe the official communist history of China then you would have a different opinion. Also China believes in converting all ethnic cultures to the majority Han culture. India instead believes in the equality and greatness of all native cultures be it Hindustani,Bengali,Tamil etc. IMHO China is carrying out a slow but sure "genocide" of the Uighurs in Xinjiang. This is the same thing that Hitler had done. Only thing was that he was not so smart as the Chinese.

July 2009 Ürümqi riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jon88

Country flag
@Otm Shank let me disclose something to you, neither you have tried to understand India before posting your first comment here nor you have tried at all to understand what I replied earlier....

Well I don't care what is your opinion and how you form it but when you call INDIA a fractured country I just wonder if you are really stupid or you are trying very hard to be......!!!!!
Your reply only shows that it is your emotions talking without the benefit of your intellect. Otm Shank presented to you what he thinks based on credible sources and evidences. You, on the other hand, rebunked and responded with emotional outburst and name calling....hardly an intelligent discussion.

Put aside your emotions and backup your claim with credible sources. And nobody appreciate name calling.

jon88

Country flag
I just think you do not understand India very well. The situation in China and in India are very different. Kashmir was/is and will be a part of India forever. It was originally part of Bharat varsha. East Turkestan was not an "integral" part of China till the Manchus/Qing dynasty conquered it. Of course if you believe the official communist history of China then you would have a different opinion. Also China believes in converting all ethnic cultures to the majority Han culture. India instead believes in the equality and greatness of all native cultures be it Hindustani,Bengali,Tamil etc. IMHO China is carrying out a slow but sure "genocide" of the Uighurs in Xinjiang. This is the same thing that Hitler had done. Only thing was that he was not so smart as the Chinese.

July 2009 Ürümqi riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I do not on Xinjiang. Han dynasty was there since 200BC before Uighurs settled there in 700 AD. look up on wikipedia too.

Putting Kashmir as part of India is based on mythology and Sanskrit literature. If everyone uses mythology as undisputable fact, if seems every single civilisation owns the world. The concept of India as a nation is new but in the context of the Hindu religion it is the region of Hindusm( just like middleeast being region of Islam and Europe being region of Christianity). If we use mythology as fact, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand and the entire Southeast Asia region will tremble with fear because they were also part of "Bharat Varsha"....Is India going to claim them too?.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The military is not a poverty elimination scheme or social equality scheme.

Only those who meet the criteria are selected.

How many Andaman Nicobar people are there?

How many Manipuri or people from Meghalaya are there?

How many Odiyas are there?

How many Gujaratis are there, even though the PM is a Gujarati?

It is ridiculous to expect the military to become a social and community equaliser.

Only those who have no idea of what the military life entails talk like deranged Pollyannas.

There is this hullabaloo about women to be allowed in combat.

Good.

But how is it there is such a Pollyannish outcry around the Nation and the Parliament that women should not be given night shifts?

When the reality strikes, then Pollyannas weep!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I do not on Xinjiang. Han dynasty was there since 200BC before Uighurs settled there in 700 AD. look up on wikipedia too.

Putting Kashmir as part of India is based on mythology and Sanskrit literature. If everyone uses mythology as undisputable fact, if seems every single civilisation owns the world. The concept of India as a nation is new but in the context of the Hindu religion it is the region of Hindusm( just like middleeast being region of Islam and Europe being region of Christianity). If we use mythology as fact, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand and the entire Southeast Asia region will tremble with fear because they were also part of "Bharat Varsha"....Is India going to claim them too?.
it is time you read Chinese and Terim Basin's history before you opine.

jon88

Country flag
it is time you read Chinese and Terim Basin's history before you opine.
I did my friend. I do not support Chinese rule over Xinjiang but I do believe China have more legitimacy over Xinjiang than India over Kashmir. China have historical artifacts and buildings over at Xinjiang from 200BC while we only have a footnote on our ancient mythology about Kashmir.

Last edited:

jon88

Country flag
To me, Xinjiang is just like Palestine. Succession of empires conquered the land...just like Palestine throughout it's extensive history. Everyone claiming legitimacy. Will have no peace there, just like Palestine.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I did my friend. I do not support Chinese rule over Xinjiang but I do believe China have more legitimacy over Xinjiang than India over Kashmir. China have historical artifacts and buildings over at Xinjiang from 200BC while we only have a footnote on our ancient mythology about Kashmir.
if you would have read it, then you would not be deluded.

Check what I had written earlier about who inhabited the Terim Basin.

China has more legitimacy over Xinjiang than India over Kashmir?

Could you elaborate?

May I state a fact for your enlightenment?

The Tarim Basin 'mummies' of western China continue to fascinate scholars and the general public alike due to their 'Caucasoid' features, well-preserved material culture, and putative 'European' origins. However, there have been some uncritical efforts to link these archaeological cultures to those of other ancient Eurasian groups (e.g. the Celts) by applying syllogistic reasoning to multi-disciplinary evidence. In an attempt to provide a more cautious synthesis of the prehistory of the Tarim Basin, this paper will briefly summarize the archaeological, physical, and linguistic evidence that has been used to model human settlement of this region. These data will then be related to recent molecular anthropology research on modern populations of Central Asia, focusing especially on the Uighur in relation to their neighbours. While the genetic history of the modern peoples of a particular region is not necessarily related to their prehistoric antecedents, it is argued that the Tarim Basin experienced a surprising cultural and biological continuity despite immigration from both east and west into Xinjiang Province. This conclusion has a number of possible political ramifications in the present day that must be addressed in future literature on the subject.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...sCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false
Background
The Tarim Basin, located on the ancient Silk Road, played a very important role in the history of human migration and cultural communications between the West and the East. However, both the exact period at which the relevant events occurred and the origins of the people in the area remain very obscure. In this paper, we present data from the analyses of both Y chromosomal and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) derived from human remains excavated from the Xiaohe cemetery, the oldest archeological site with human remains discovered in the Tarim Basin thus far.

Results
Mitochondrial DNA analysis showed that the Xiaohe people carried both the East Eurasian haplogroup (C) and the West Eurasian haplogroups (H and K), whereas Y chromosomal DNA analysis revealed only the West Eurasian haplogroup R1a1a in the male individuals.

Conclusion
Our results demonstrated that the Xiaohe people were an admixture from populations originating from both the West and the East, implying that the Tarim Basin had been occupied by an admixed population since the early Bronze Age. To our knowledge, this is the earliest genetic evidence of an admixed population settled in the Tarim Basin.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/8/15

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
According to a model by Asko Parpola, the Dardic languages are directly descended from the Rigvedic dialect of Vedic Sanskri

Kashmiri is the most prominent Dardic language, with an established literary tradition and official recognition as one of the national languages of India.

The Kashmiri people are a Dardic ethnolinguistic group living in or originating from the Kashmir Valley, located in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. There are both Hindu and Muslim Kashmiris.

Eastern Turki, is a Turkic language with 8 to 11 million speakers, spoken primarily by the Uyghur people in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of Western China.

jon88

Country flag
if you would have read it, then you would not be deluded.

Check what I had written earlier about who inhabited the Terim Basin.

China has more legitimacy over Xinjiang than India over Kashmir?

Could you elaborate?

May I state a fact for your enlightenment?

Yea, that did made the headlines a few years back. People that they found are of the Scandinavian stock and they are mostly extinct from the present stock of people just like most mongoloid stock from North American people. We can also conclude that Indians are of Dravidian stock and most North Indians are not Indians. If you go even further, then Indians are of the Negrito stock. How far in history you want to go?

However, did they mention that the discovery was the exception rather than the norm? Finding dead Scandinavians was certainly a real shocker but was it the norm? What if it is a finding of 1,000 Mongoloid to 10 Scandinavian Caucasian corpses?.

Now, lets apply this to our India. Does the people of Northeast India look anything like our general Indian population?. If you want to use race as a form of justification, doesn't Northeast India look more like an East Asian land?

China has more legitimacy over Xinjiang than India over Kashmir? How? China have more physical historical evidences than India does in Kashmir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles