Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by samsung11, Jan 23, 2020.

1. IndianHawk

IndianHawk Senior Member Senior Member

I told before. These fucking chinkies are lying scheming piece of shit. They'll infect the whole planet.

No option left now in the greater interest of humanity china must be nuked immediately. All nuke powers must do this selfless act to preserve human race. No one will miss chinkies anyway .

2. Craigs

Craigs Regular Member

Wapo will never speak out against the Chinese. They oppose only India and Trump.

AsuraKiller203 and ezsasa like this.
  3. Deathstar

Deathstar Senior Member Senior Member

Our cricket captain Virat Kohli just google him and see his physique and he is a vegan. So its all BS about eating meat.
    Bro if u want try Indian veg recipes. India cuisine is a heaven for veggies especially vegans. About 25-30% Indians are pure veg so u have lot of options...

AsuraKiller203 and Shredder like this.
  4. Waanar

Waanar HINDU SHER - xXxPussyDestroyer69xXx

Calm down, nuclear Gandhi. I got a plan.

Step 1- Develop cure
    Step 2- Add some pig juice in the cure as preservative
    Step 3- Let it be known to all Muzzies as the virus spreads across India and M.E.
    Step 4- ??????
    Step 5- Prophet

5. Waanar

Eyy boyz

Does anyone else hear shots or is it just me? o_O

6. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

They are pounding the pilings for the new hospital. The three major hospitals in Wuhan are overcapacity and turning away tens of thousands of infected patients. They think adding one more 1000 bed hospital will make a difference with 90,000 infections. o_O

7. Waanar

I thought Chinese were one of the smarter ones.
    At the rate this virus is spreading, I have a feeling the government is going to break down if a cure isn't developed in a month, or even a vaccination. This some real biblical plague shit.

Anyways, what's clear is this virus-

1- is Airborne (like you, Mr @Armand2REP :yo:)
    2- has a shelf life (not announced as of yet, pray it's less than 10 days or it's gonna suck. Speculations as low as 5 days and as high as 20)
    3- has no cure
    4- kills mostly those over 60 years of age (bye bye pops) or those already suffering from some disease (as minor as a flu)
    5- Immune system fights it off in healthy people but they do need monitoring to avoid renal and respiratory failure, something not possible when people are infected in millions.
    6- Adapts to challenges and overcomes them (again, like you, Mr @Armand2REP :yo:) in the form of new strands.
    7- Seems like a bio-weapon tbh
    8- If it's not a bioweapon, the Chinese motherfucker aka patient zero REALLY shouldn't have eaten that damn snake.
    9- China is fucked. Do not expect them to get this under control anymore. It's fucked up worse than USSR in Chernobyl and my dad marrying my mom.
    10- Start taking care of yourselves. I found this certain sense of manliness and self affirmation by running in short sleeves shirt in 4 degrees and braving the weather without aid. No more.
    If this infection gets close to you, be prepped for a immune system 2 virus war of attrition and you really don't want your immune system to be caught off guard.

If there's an outbreak near your city (i.e 50 km within your house), have a trip to the isolated mountains of Ladakh. And please don't shake hands with the Chinese border monkeys.
    No, seriously. Don't.

Also, buy full face masks, not just nose and mouth covering ones. Doctors getting infected through eyes, I hear.

Fuck that, get a HAZMAT suit, and if someone asks, tell them you're cosplaying.

P:S- I admire the FUCK out of anyone who's ever been in 2 REP. Thank you for gracing our forum, sir.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  8. Akshay_Fenix

Akshay_Fenix Member Senior Member

samsung11 likes this.
  9. Spindrift

Spindrift Regular Member

China confirms human-to-human spread of deadly new virus as WHO mulls declaring global health emergency.

----Snippet----

An Indian woman working in China is believed to be the first foreigner to have contracted the disease.

Preeti Maheshwari, 45, a teacher in an international school, was admitted to a local hospital in Shenzhen, a southern Chinese city, after falling seriously ill last Friday with pneumonia-like symptoms.

The woman's husband told local media that doctors confirmed she was suffering from the new coronavirus, which is similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome.

India has issued a travel advisory to its citizens, particularly for the city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, where 500 Indian medical students are studying.

Many of those students, however, are believed to have returned to India in recent days ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, Asia’s busiest travel period when hundreds of millions are expected to be on the move.
    ----Snippet----

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...ina-believed-first-foreigner-have-contracted/

10. Spindrift

Spindrift Regular Member

Knowitall likes this.
  11. Bhumihar

Bhumihar Jako Rakhe Saiyan Mar Sake Na Koi Senior Member

12. Hiranyaksha

Hiranyaksha Senior Member Senior Member

I don't think that India has mechanism, measures, will to prevent the spread of any such virus. If it is here and it is spreading, well we are fucked. All thanks to Chinese.:frusty:

13. Waanar

SHHHHHHH

Sab koi apne apne ghar me band ho jaao, daba ke khaana khao, ghar waalon ko paas bulao, immune system boosting foods khao.

The virus is being touted as extremely contagious but also less deadly than SARS.
    SARS killed 15% of those it infected, so good chance of our survival (Mummy papa nahi bachenge though). Just pray the medical service centres don't break down due to the chaos.

AsuraKiller203 likes this.
  14. Violent peaceful

Violent peaceful Fuck the mods for not deleting my account . Senior Member

China-pak has a great bromance going on......
    If pakis get infected.........they won't even find out what's happening and will shrug it under some fever.

Surprised zero cases in pakistan till now ,
    I don't think they have any capablity to detect ,stop or cure it.

If chinks do give this gift to pakis and a sizeable pakis get 72d what would pakis reaction be?
    Thank chinese for making less mouths to feed in Pakistan.

15. here2where

here2where Senior Member Senior Member

KL showed the will and the way during the Nippah outbreak there in 2018 by quarantining the town of Kozhikode and putting a permanent Sec 144 type ban of more than 5 people gathering at any one place for a few weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nipah_virus_outbreak_in_Kerala

How Kerala stopped Nipah in its tracks
    https://www.livemint.com/science/health/how-kerala-stopped-nipah-in-its-tracks-1561483503936.html

Ofcourse its a different matter that muzzies were exempted from this rule since they said they could not avoid 5 times group head banging sessions in local shit holes. :frusty:

Every other religious group obeyed this rule, including xtians.

16. Waanar

Rumors saying it's already there.

Man, the Porkis will start killing their own people with tanks and jets if they feel threatened.

"You're infected?

NO, YOU NEVER EXISTED! DIE BITCH FOR THE GLORY OF ALLAH!" - ISI circa 2020.

17. Knowitall

Knowitall Regular Member

Guys while till now it appears that the government has been very cautious infact these 100 cases are people coming back from China etc and are under watch even those who are not showing any symptoms are not left to go but are under watch.

What I strongly feel is that we must completely seal our border with Nepal ayega sala to Wahi se ayega if it is not already here.

And once it is indeed here to Sab Dfi wale chalo ladakh ke kone me.

I don't even want to imagine what will happen if the virus spreads here jisko nahi hoga usko hospital Jake zarur hoga.

I never gave this much attention but we really need to improve our medical systems fast.

18. Bhoot Pishach

Bhoot Pishach Regular Member

BC Naam liya Shaitan Hazir.

https://www.aaj.tv/english/latest/first-coronavirus-case-found-in-pakistan/

First Coronavirus case found in Pakistan
    [​IMG]
    Web Desk
    | January 25, 2020

[​IMG]

• The first case of coronavirus has been diagnosed in Multan after a man showing symptoms of the deadly virus was admitted to Nishtar Hospital.

According to details, the 40-year-old resident was working on a project in the industrial estate and had just returned from Wuhan, China, a few days ago.

The patient has been admitted to the Isolation Ward and test samples have been sent to the laboratory.

It is pertinent to remember that other than China, the cases have also been found in Singapore, Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and the United States. Reportedly, there are more than 500 confirmed cases of the virus so far around the world.

The respiratory coronavirus has sickened more than 800 in China and killed at least 26. The outbreak began last month in the city of Wuhan in Hubei. Scientists have identified the illness as a new kind of coronavirus, a large family of viruses, some of which cause the common cold.

China has confirmed 830 cases of patients infected with the new coronavirus while the authorities have been examining 1,072 suspected cases of the virus.

The virus, which started in Wuhan city in Hubei province last month, has since spread to other major cities including Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.

19. Eastman

Eastman Regular Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  20. Bhoot Pishach

Bhoot Pishach Regular Member

Fuck the Bloody Idiots Chinese. They have craving for every thing that moves.

The situation is getting worse.

The whole World is fuckedup by Eating Habits of Chinese.

Pray to God things dont turn this Ugly.

This is pretty Accurate Study about Lethality, Prediction about Spreading pattern of the Coronavirus.

https://phil-data-blog.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-statistics-behind-wuhan-corona-virus.html

The Data Insider
    Making sense of the world through data The focus of this blog is

#data #bigdata #dataanalytics #privacy #digitalmarketing #AI #artificialintelligence #ML #GIS #datavisualization and many other aspects, fields and applications of data

Saturday, January 25, 2020

The statistics behind the Wuhan corona virus

[​IMG]

The Wuhan Corona virus is spreading fast with the Chinese new year but is it time to panic?

In the short term and on the epidemiological front, probably not. But in the longer term and on the economic front, it might well be the straw that break the Chinese camel back.

Let's have a quick look at where we stand today, Sunday 26, January 2020 and at where statistics are telling us we may be in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

The official number of sick people at 1497 is still relatively low. But this number does not fit with the news coming from China of overwhelmed hospitals. Nor with the more or less complete lock down, as of today, of the city of Wuhan (11 million people) and the severe travel restrictions in the province of Hubei concerning over 56 million people.

The country is facing a "grave situation" Mr Xi told senior officials, according to state television yesterday. With the city of Wuhan building two new hospitals over the coming weeks specifically dedicated to the pandemic, clearly, the conditions in China are worse than it looks.

Chinese authorities have promised to be transparent, but the precedents are not good. in 2003, the SARS epidemic was not recognized until very late and then mostly the information was suppressed until the virus petered out in early July of that year.

This time is different in many respects, but mostly for the worst.

First, the good news.

The Wuhan Corona virus has a relatively low R0 or R naught coefficient, currently estimated at 2.5. This coefficient is very important. It indicated the number of healthy persons a sick one will infect while being contagious. If the coefficient is above "1", the virus spreads.

For reference, these are the R0 factors of other diseases. The Wuhan Corona virus compares favorably.

[​IMG]

Likewise, this R0 factors is not fixed. The 2003 SARS epidemic started out with a R0 of about 3 but ended at 0.4 when limitations were enforced.

But the Wuhan Corona virus has other characteristics which makes the situation more critical. There is no antivirus and the laps between the moment a person becomes infectious and first symptoms seems to be around a week. This would explain why the Chinese authorities were slow to react but also why the virus may already be more broadly spread out than assumed. Some alarmist estimates say that there may already be over 10,000 cases in Wuhan alone. This sounds extreme but it could be close to the truth and the reason why Chinese authorities are in panic mode.

So where do we go from here?

If you prefer to panic, the best article is from Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding" I’ll be honest - as an epidemiologist, I’m really deeply worried about this new coronavirus outbreak. 1) the virus has an upward infection trajectory curve much steeper than SARS. 2) it can be transmitted person to person before symptoms appear — I.e. it is silently contagious!"

And he goes on with a long series of tweets which are worth reading since they resume the worst case scenario. (Below, after the article)

But all these alarmist tweets are based on a study from a British Doctor which can be summarized with the following chart showing an explosion of cases over the coming weeks:

[​IMG]
    To this, Dr. Stephen Goldstein answered that: "It’s one estimate, with a sketchily narrow CI that the authors have already revised down. Other estimates are lower. This is not 1918, you know that, stop trying to scare people and log off please. Thanks"

This answer is probably correct. This is clearly not 1918. Nevertheless, now that the opportunity to stop the virus during the initial outbreak was missed, it will clearly be far more difficult and expensive to limit the economic damages in the longer term.

Let's suppose that China does all the right things and that the virus outbreak follows the SARS pattern and goes from 2.4 to 0.4 over the coming 6 months. We will still end up with around 100,000 sick people (which is not a very high number compared to the flu on any given year) and probably 3 to 4,000 casualties which again is a very low number. (Based on the table bellow)

[​IMG]

But the economic consequences of the disease on the already slowing down Chinese economy may well be far less mild. Here's an example of the complete blockade of the city of Wuhan as of this morning! (Trains, planes and highways have already been stopped for a few days.)

[​IMG]
    Beyond the human tragedy of a large city without food and transportation, the banning of tour groups in all of China, interdiction of large assemblies of over 100 people (during the Chinese new year!), closing down of parks, stores and many other amenities, it is the whole Chinese economy which is grinding down to a halt for the new year with no end in sight!
    This to my opinion is the real risk of the Wuhan Corona virus. Not that it will become a world pandemic although there is still a relatively small chance that it will but that it could be the black swan that bring the next recession with a global crash of the world economy and consequences far beyond a mere flu epidemic.

Tweets from Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding"

1/ "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad - never seen an actual virality coefficient outside of Twitter in my entire career. I’m not exaggerating...

2/ “We estimate the basic reproduction number of the infection (R_0) to be 3.8 (95% confidence interval, 3.6-4.0), indicating that 72-75% of transmissions must be prevented by control measures for infections to stop increasing...

3/ ... We estimate that only 5.1% (95%CI, 4.8-5.5) of infections in Wuhan are identified, and by 21 January a total of 11,341 people (prediction interval, 9,217-14,245) had been infected in Wuhan since the start of the year. Should the epidemic continue unabated in Wuhan....

4/ we predict the epidemic in Wuhan will be substantially larger by 4 February (191,529 infections; prediction interval, 132,751-273,649), infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent. Our model suggests that..

5/ travel restrictions from and to Wuhan city are unlikely to be effective in halting transmission across China; with a 99% effective reduction in travel, the size of the epidemic outside of Wuhan may only be reduced by 24.9% on 4 February. Our findings are...

6/ ...critically dependent on the assumptions underpinning our model, and the timing and reporting of confirmed cases, and there is considerable uncertainty associated with the outbreak at this early stage. With these caveats in mind, our work suggests that...

7/ a basic reproductive number for this 2019-nCoV outbreak is higher compared to other emergent coronaviruses, suggesting that containment or control of this pathogen may be substantially more difficult.”!!!!

9/ ...cannot be stopped by containment alone. A 99% quarantine lockdown containment of Wuhan will not even reduce the epidemic’s spread by even 1/3rd in the next 2 weeks. Thus, I really hate to be the epidemiologist who has to admit this, but we are potentially faced with...

10/ ... possibly an unchecked pandemic that the world has not seen since the 1918 Spanish Influenza. Let’s hope it doesn’t reach that level but we now live in the modern world with faster than 1918. @WHO and @CDCgov needs to declare public health emergency ASAP!

11/ REFERENCE for the R0 attack rate (reproductive coefficient) of 3.8 and the 99% containment models come from this paper: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.23.20018549v1 …

12/ What is the typical R0 attack rate for the seasonal flu in most years? It’s around an R0=1.28. The 2009 flu pandemic? R0=1.48. The 1918 Spanish Flu? 1.80. This new #WuhanCoronavirus reproductive value again? R0=3.8. (Flu reference: https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2334-14-480 …)

13/ ...and it gets even worse, the Lancet now reports that the coronavirus is contagious even when *no symptoms*: specifically: “crucial to isolate patients... quarantine contacts as early as possible because asymptomatic infection appears possible”!

14/ Let’s pretend the 3.8 estimate is too high (there’s unpublished estimates of 2.5). even if this virus’s R0=2.5, that’s still 2x higher than seasonal flu’s 1.28 (ref above), and higher than 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic of 1.80 that killed millions. So 2.8 is still super bad folks

15) My response to some people who think I’m trying to stoke fear... I’m a Harvard trained scientist with a doctorate in epidemiology (and the youngest dual doctoral grad from Harvard SPH). Here are my response: https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1220999410877898754?s=21 … https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1220999410877898754 …