Worldwide travel ban on Pakistanis recommended

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Title of original report has not been altered

-

The Independent Monitoring Board (IMB) of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) has recommended the imposition of international travel restrictions on every child or adult travelling out of polio-endemic Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria so that they do not carry the risk of polio with them to imperil the hard-earned status of countries that are now free of the crippling virus.

"No country should allow a citizen from any endemic polio state to cross their border without a valid vaccination certificate," recommends the sixth IMB report, which has just been released. The Board was convened at the request of the World Health Assembly to monitor and guide the progress of the GPEI's 2010-12 Strategic Plan. This plan is aimed at interrupting polio transmission globally by the end of 2012, a target which in spite of appearing closer than ever before, is still far from being achieved.

Titled 'The Last Stand?' the report has advised the International Health Regulations Expert Review Committee to urgently issue a standing recommendation by May 2013 that will introduce pre-travel vaccination or vaccination checks in each of the polio endemic countries until national transmission is stopped.

"Any child or adult travelling out of Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan should be certified as vaccinated against polio to reduce the substantial risk of the virus spreading to polio-free countries," the report recommends.

Worldwide travel ban on Pakistanis recommended - thenews.com.pk

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had some other reason in mind when I read the title.

Blackwater

Ask any pakis with paki passport/foriegn passport knows how they are treated in western countries airport....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

forget western countries. in their their own territories like saudi arabia and UAE and arab world ,they are treated badly at airport:lol::lol::lol:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Govt should check the 3000 people it has issued visas for the cricket series.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The only nation at risk from Pakistani polio is India.

datguy79

Aren't people vaccinated before flying somewhere? At least that is the case in the West...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
this IMB should also pay some attention to aids spreads

my friend told me that he was directed by foreign ministry to go for 500 different types of vaccine in case you want to go for the pak/India crickets matches Otherwise you wont be allowed back to Pakistan

he dropped his plans because the cost for vaccines alone was in lacks

mayfair

my friend told me that he was directed by foreign ministry to go for 500 different types of vaccine in case you want to go for the pak/India crickets matches Otherwise you wont be allowed back to Pakistan

Good. I wish many more of your birathers drop their plans as well. They are neither wanted nor welcome in India.

It is bad enough that our government has allowed your cricketers are being allowed to come in.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Lolwut?

Did this even make sense to you? So they won't allow your friend to go to India without vaccination, then they stop him from coming back from India if he didn't take the vaccine. How did reach India in the first place? Your friend a border jumper?

Also, are terrofags vaccinated?

no vaccine against aids
And stupidity. :truestory:

Blackwater

Can u elaborate 500 type of vaccines???:lol::lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles