World's largest Hindu temple to come up in Bihar

Folk hero

PATNA: Replicating the world largest Hindu temple in Combodia's Angkor Wat, the Bihar Mahavir Mandir Trust ( BMMT) on Sunday said they will build a bigger temple in Bihar's Vaishali district.

To be built at a cost of Rs 100 crore, the five-storied and 222-feet tall temple will come up at a sprawling campus spread over 15 acres at a place near Ismailpur village on Hajipur-Bidupur road, which will be christened as Angkor Nagar, BMMT's secretary and ex-IPS officer Acharya Kishore Kunal said.

Land worth around Rs 30 crore has already been acquired for the purpose from locals, he said.

The proposed temple will be named 'Virat Angkor Wat Ram Mandir' and it will house the statues of Radha-Krishna, Shiva-Parvati, Ganesh, Surya, Vishnu and ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu.

It will take upto five years to construct the temple and another five years to give the final finishing touches to it, Kunal said.

On selection of the specific site for construction of the world's largest Hindu temple, he said the place has mythological significance as it was said that the deities Ram, Lakshman and Vishvamitra had set their foot on the village and were welcomed by the King Sumati of the Vaishali kingdom.

The 'bhumi pujan' for the proposed temple will be held tomorrow, Kunal said adding the temple was being constructed to mark the centenary celebrations of the BMMTs.

The Angkor Wat temple was built in Cambodia in the 12th century during the rule of then Cambodian king Suryavarman (1141-1152 AD).

http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/patna/Worlds-largest-Hindu-temple-to-come-up-in-Bihar/articleshow/12135968.cms

i'am very happy now after reading this news, if they complete this temple with-in 6 or 7 years i can also chip-in some 30 or 40k.:thumb::thumb::namaste:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Better spend that 100 crore on the upkeep of the existing temples and on the organizations/volunteers helping out the poor tribals/adivasis.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How does it help, apart from a mention in the Guinness Book of Records?

KS

Bye bye DFI
i'am very happy now after reading this news, if they complete this temple with-in 6 or 7 years i can also chip-in some 30 or 40k.
You are wasting your money. Dont we have enough temples already ?

Folk hero

yes that would be great to, but i'am happy because some one doing something you know what i mean.:thumb:

Folk hero

temple sorry, it will be too big to be a temple it's more like Hindu monument.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You are wasting your money. Dont we have enough temples already ?
We should have more cultural landmarks for our country... Whats a better building than something to represent our thousands of years of our culture????

KS

Bye bye DFI
We should have more cultural landmarks for our country... Whats a better building than something to represent our thousands of years of our culture????
You know what's better..? Spending that money on the upkeep of already existing landmarks and better still spending that on poor.oppressed sections of Hindu society who make a easy target for the foreign funded missioanries.

Build a hospital, a school or even a playground for them to utilize...why would they then think of abandoning their faith for money ?

parijataka

Country flag
Actually, I would say both helping the poor and building religious monuments is required. This job was done in the past by kings and later rich people like the Birla Mandirs built by the Birlas. Even Mayawati behen ji realises the importance of monuments, she may lose her CM ship but these monuments to the Dalit leaders will remain.

Tolaha

Replicating the world largest Hindu temple in Combodia's Angkor Wat, the Bihar Mahavir Mandir Trust ( BMMT) on Sunday said they will build a bigger temple in Bihar's Vaishali district.
Does sound that the main intention of this trust is to go one up over Angkor to take the title of the world's largest Hindu temple. Nothing much spirutual about it. Wonder if the gods appreciate it! :namaste:

Historically, Royalty would aim to build bigger and greater temples to massage their egos. Whatever may the intentions of the people building "Angkor Nagar", but by their naming standards alone, it doesnt feel much!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Does sound that the main intention of this trust is to go one up over Angkor to take the title of the world's largest Hindu temple. Nothing much spirutual about it. Wonder if the gods appreciate it! :namaste:

Historically, Royalty would aim to build bigger and greater temples to massage their egos. Whatever may the intentions of the people building "Angkor Nagar", but by their naming standards alone, it doesnt feel much!
I dont care i want the largest Temple, Mosque, Cathedral, Synanogue, Stupa in my country:india::india::india:

ashdoc

Country flag
You guys remind me of teenage girls, reading Mills & Boons and crying their heart out, all the while anticipating they were those characters.
come on , everybody has a right to be proud of their country and religion .

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
You may be an admin in this forum or anything for that matter but you have no right to comment on other's RELIGIOUS views.

Oracle

come on , everybody has a right to be proud of their country and religion .
I agree, but that is a poor logic, very substandard.

Use money on infrastructure, education, eradicating poverty and I am very happy to be taxed. Else, it's your money, be a fool. I don't care.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I agree, but that is a poor logic, very substandard.

Use money on infrastructure, education, eradicating poverty and I am very happy to be taxed. Else, it's your money, be a fool. I don't care.
HEY WERE DID YOU go when MAYAWATI built the DALIT MONUMENT.........

If it is wrong then why did SHAJAHAN wasted so much money to built the TAJ MAHAL and why do people visit it in large numbers and capture photos. Do you mean to say that only Shjahan loved her wife like that.

Last edited:

Nirvana

Long time back Ratan tata had announced that he will build a temple as big as Taj in Agra,i wonder what happened to that

Tolaha

Long time back Ratan tata had announced that he will build a temple as big as Taj in Agra,i wonder what happened to that
Ratan Tata is a Zoroastrian. So if he builds any temple, it would probably be dedicated to Zoroaster or Ahura Mazda! :)
Really doubt if he will build one though!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
It's not about India, it's about wasting 100s of crores of rupees, and boosting 1 politician's misplaced ego.

You have every right to report my post, if that offended you.
Its not he tax payers money as it is supposed to be... we can waste it as we wish if thats a waste... For us pride and dignity is more important...

And we know how much thousands spent on eradication of poverty actually reaches there... so for once lets do something which we can be proudly unidue about shall we???

Blackwater

In India, religion has become symbol business,money,power and politics .It has nothing to do with welfare and teachings of good will, culture,good human being.etc etc

Global Defence

New threads

Articles